COPR and coronavirus

Rajdeep kaur 92

Dec 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NDVO is not going to issue you specific IMME letter. Go ahead with your medicals. I completed the very next day; uploaded the same using
webform and received the response in the mid of third week. Meanwhile, two weeks later from the day I did medicals, I raised another webform submitting the information along with emails to RROC team and Delhi immigration. Still, there is no update in my portal regarding the new medicals being passed. I guess NDVO works differently.
Hi, after getting this email, I go for remedical and completed. Now I am confused whether send only medical only or Detailed like situation , travel plan, proofs etc. which I send before ircc through webfom again or not ?

SMB84

Sep 27, 2017
Qatar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-Jan-2018
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2018
Med's Done....
26-Feb-2018
Hello Everybody

I am posting my landing experience, maybe it helps someone.

Heads up! Long post!

So, we got our CoPR and Counterfoil in the passports back in Dec 2019. Decided to move to Canada during summer time, then Covid hit. We kept on postponing our plans, waiting for the situation to normalize, which never happened. I was a keen reader of this thread and saw how many people were delayed with their CoPR expiring. Finally, we decided to pull the plunge and I put in my resignation two months ago, sold all our stuff , and booked tickets to Canada just days before my CoRP expired.

I didn't raise a webform, since we were exempted from travel restrictions with the 18th of March exception (although I had my doubts). Our flight was scheduled 1s of December. I checked with IRCC via phone to see if I needed any sort of authorization letter. The agent said as long as my CoPR is not expired, I didn’t.

I booked Air Canada to Toronto via Frankfurt. The airlines agent at Frankfurt asked me about my permanent residence, which I was too tiered and exhausted to understand, and thought he referred to where I would be staying, so I showed him my Airbnb reservation, so he got quite aggravated and was asking me why I was going to Canada, so I told him I’m immigrating, so he asked me to show him my papers, I told him look in the passports, he had a look, and realized we were exempted, so allowed us to board. They also checked our ArriveCan receipt, which I printed out for convenance.

Flight was ok, only thing you had to keep wearing the masks the entire flight, which is pretty tiresome. Anyway we reached Canada, and was greeted by two police officers as soon as we set foot in the airport. “You picked a nice day to land” said the officer who asked us why we came to Canada. I am still unsure if he was sincere or being sarcastic. Anyways we went down stars to passport control, and were directed to the serpentine" queue which was empty, and kindda felt silly just going in zigzags. When we reached the officer, who was looking board, I presented the passports, and waited, then all of the sudden he blurted out “Declaration form, Quarantine plan, ArriveCan”. I presented all that to him, then he asked where I was coming from, and what I was doing their, and what am I doing in Canada, so I answered. He asked me if I understood I have to quarantine for 14 days, which I said I do, then he used his pink marker and marked my papers and told me to head past his office to immigrations, where I went through another empty serpentine queue and reached the booth of a friendly officers, who made us sign our papers and asked for the address to which the PR cards would be sent too. I gave him the Airbnb apartment address. He asked if I wanted to ask about anything else, then welcomed us to Canada. I then collected my luggage and went through customs. The officer was about to let me out, when I told him I needed to hand my goods to follow form, so he pointed to me to a side office, where I went to a booth and gave the officers all the papers (accompanying goods, declaration form, goods to follow). They put on the system the total value of all and then stamped the forms, and handed me a copy for receiving my shipment.

After that I got an uber, which you can ride from the ground floor (I was surprised that we were not on the ground floor) at Q gate, which is closed, so you need to exit at gate S
Now were are in the 14 day isolation period, but with the city lockdown I’m reading about in the news, I’m not sure there would be any were for us to go after that.

Time line

ITA (2nd Time) 17 Nov 2018
AOR: 18 Jan
Medicals pass:27 Feb
BIL:4 March
ADR (1st):24 Sept.
ADR(2nd): 26 Sept.
Re-Med Request: 27 Nov _done on the 9th of Dec
Med Passed: 10 December
Ready for Visa: 11 December 2019
Passports received: 31 December 2019

Landing: 01 December 2020

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi, after getting this email, I go for remedical and completed. Now I am confused whether send only medical only or Detailed like situation , travel plan, proofs etc. which I send before ircc through webfom again or not ?
First, well done on completing medicals quickly! Nice. Second - well done for the initiative of asking here - initiative! Finally - just send in your results, your rough plans (details not needed - whatever u have is good enough) for quarany=tining and to demonstrate you are arriving in Canada permanently.

Send what you have. All that you can. Key is to send it in early and as soon as possible - no there is no race but equally there are no penalties for sending your details, results, preparation etc.

Best wishes
We are all waiting to welcome you to Canada! :)

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi folks,
Need an advise. Does anyone know, if you can travel to Canada within 2-3 months of passport expiry? Or should I renew the passport to be safe?
It depends. If you are entering Canada as a visitor, you need a valid passport for the duration of your stay. If you are submitting your passport for a visitor counterfoil, your passport should be valid for at least 6 months. If you are entering Canada to establish settlement as a permanent resident, you do not need 6 months validity on your passport. In the latter case, you can enter Canada if your passport is valid for 1-2 months. After confirmation of permanent residency, you do not need a passport at all (in order to enter Canada).

Last edited:

Rajdeep kaur 92

Dec 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
First, well done on completing medicals quickly! Nice. Second - well done for the initiative of asking here - initiative! Finally - just send in your results, your rough plans (details not needed - whatever u have is good enough) for quarany=tining and to demonstrate you are arriving in Canada permanently.

Send what you have. All that you can. Key is to send it in early and as soon as possible - no there is no race but equally there are no penalties for sending your details, results, preparation etc.

Best wishes
We are all waiting to welcome you to Canada! :)
Thank you , it is very precious advice for me

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Has anyone received a reply from PHAC? I wrote them a while ago because I'm not part of any exemption group, however, my situation is a bit complicated as my visa expired on the country of residency and going back to home country is not possible. I provided all documents, etc. and this was the reply.

__________________________________________-
Ref. #: PHAC-COVID-EO-EXT-WP-**** - [my name]

Dear Mr. ---,

Thank you for your correspondence related to your wish to enter Canada.

By way of this email, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is of the opinion that you would likely be permitted entry to Canada, and would not likely be exempt from quarantine, based on the assessment below.

The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented complexities and challenges in our country and globally. The Government of Canada continues to implement border measures to limit the introduction and spread of COVID-19.

Prohibition of Entry Order

At this time, the Government of Canada has prohibited foreign nationals from all countries from entering Canada for non-essential travel through the Order in Council bla bla bla.

Under these orders, all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, including tourism and recreation, is prohibited.

As a Canadian permanent resident you are permitted by right to enter Canada.

Mandatory Isolation Order

The Government of Canada has implemented the Emergency Order bla bla bla

Kind regards,
Emergency Orders and Policy Interpretation Team
Public Health Agency of Canada

phac.emergencyorder-decretdurgencecovid19.aspc@canada.ca
__________________________________________-

The highlights are from the original message.

Does it mean I can try to entry with this email?
My plan is to travel mid-Jan. CoPr/MED expires in Mar-21. Issued on Aug/2020.

Also, I got particularly interested in the head of e-mail, with REf#, PHAC-COVID-EO-EXT-WP, 4 dig and my name.
You are not the Permanent Resident yet. You need to land first to activate your PR status. This email is not an Authorization letter for travel and look more like an Advisory by Public Health Canada in response to your email. What is issued on Aug/2020?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Send meds as they have already accessed your application regarding readiness to travel but there is no harm in sending other mentioned documents. Good luck!

Reactions: hinavin

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
It depends. If you are entering Canada as a visitor, you need a valid passport for the duration of your stay. If you are submitting your passport for a visitor counterfoil, your passport should be valid for at least 6 months. If you are entering Canada to establish settlement as a permanent resident, you do not need 6 months validity on your passport. In the latter case, you can enter Canada your passport is valid for 1-2 months. After confirmation of permanent residency, you do not need a passport at all (in order to enter Canada).
Awesome, that's essentially what I was looking for!! Thanks.
Yes, I will be travelling to Canada to settle there permanently. My CoPR expired (it was issued with my current passport number); now waiting for the AL, so I can travel. Assuming I travel by Feb-Mar and with passport expiring in Jun, I am guessing that shouldn't be problem and I can enter Canada,
If not, are there any issues with renewing my passport to be on the safe side? Such as longer waiting period for IRCC to update records, new CoPR etc.?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Awesome, that's essentially what I was looking for!! Thanks.
Yes, I will be travelling to Canada to settle there permanently. My CoPR expired (it was issued with my current passport number); now waiting for the AL, so I can travel. Assuming I travel by Feb-Mar and with passport expiring in Jun, I am guessing that shouldn't be problem and I can enter Canada,
If not, are there any issues with renewing my passport to be on the safe side? Such as longer waiting period for IRCC to update records, new CoPR etc.?
Yes new passport details need to be updated. Your CoPR letter contains your passport number. If you get new passport then new CoPR needs to be issued with updated passport information. The processing time for that is -> When your case is reviewed + The passport stamping time with new CoPR.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Yes new passport details need to be updated. Your CoPR letter contains your passport number. If you get new passport then new CoPR needs to be issued with updated passport information. The processing time for that is -> When your case is reviewed + The passport stamping time with new CoPR.
Correct, my current/expired CoPR has my current passport number.
But from some forums (linked here) people mentioned that a new CoPR is not issued when passport is renewed.
If they issue a new CoPR for new passport, then that's going to be another long wait...! I don't need to get the passport stamped thankfully; I never got anything stamped as its not required for mine.
This was why I am a bit hesitant to renew my passport and just take the risk and fly with 1-2 months validity on it.

Anyone with experience?

Reactions: jeetmehta1991

areebareeb

Apr 23, 2019
Hi
How did you get the extension? Did ask for an extension after you receive your COPR?
I got my COPR in Oct which will be expiring n February 2021. I asked for an extension and they asked me to send my Passports back. I still didn’t get the passports back and waiting for it. Did you also go through the same procedure?
thanks.
I didnt have to request for an extension, when they sent me the COPR the date of expiry was Aug 2021

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi fellow applicants,
If your file is assigned to officer (not analyst or processing agent)-LC01329 (which can be confirmed from GCMS notes), it appears those files are incessantly delayed.

Let's connect and discuss on the following thread:

Go to the thread here