+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi guys, got an update after 8 days of submitting my passport. My counterfoil date will expire on the 25th of Jan, 2021. AOR was 5 Feb 2020. No idea why they didn't extend my medical. However, I don't want to expire my CoPR. Some people are saying if airlines allow me to travel, I am good to go. Is it true? What if CBSA turned me back to my country? I am also thinking about the after-effect. Since it would be violating their restriction, will they issue my PR card in normal process? Lot more tasks to do; yet to resign from job, buying tickets, renting houses etc....
Same situation but once I get my Copr, I’m traveling. I ain’t allowing anyone sending me back after all I’m copr holder :)

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Hi guys, got an update after 8 days of submitting my passport. My counterfoil date will expire on the 25th of Jan, 2021. AOR was 5 Feb 2020. No idea why they didn't extend my medical. However, I don't want to expire my CoPR. Some people are saying if airlines allow me to travel, I am good to go. Is it true? What if CBSA turned me back to my country? I am also thinking about the after-effect. Since it would be violating their restriction, will they issue my PR card in normal process? Lot more tasks to do; yet to resign from job, buying tickets, renting houses etc....
When have they approved your case??? I'm in the same situation. I was approved last month ( visa until Fabruary)

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
Where is your source of info please ?
I remember reading how almost 15k COPRs were issued in March worldwide that may have expired and IRCC issued just 120 ALs. Also in one of the whatsapp groups, someone with an expired COPR from April, just got a PPR -> new COPR and they had received a remedical request 3 months ago. The forums are also full of people who have contacted them for ALs and not received anything back. So it seems like they are going the new PPR-COPR route for these folks.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I remember reading how almost 15k COPRs were issued in March worldwide that may have expired and IRCC issued just 120 ALs. Also in one of the whatsapp groups, someone with an expired COPR from April, just got a PPR -> new COPR and they had received a remedical request 3 months ago. The forums are also full of people who have contacted them for ALs and not received anything back. So it seems like they are going the new PPR-COPR route for these folks.
Good to know. Was that guy able to ravel as new visa issued date is after mar 18, 2020.

AGN

Nov 30, 2020
Hi everyone.

I'm writing this post, hoping it will lift your spirits and you keep your patience running

*Long post alert*

Original medicals date: 04.07.2019
AOR: July 2019
PPR: December 2019
Original COPR expiry: July 2020
Dependants: NONE
Original VO: Ottawa
Nationality: Indian

I was originally supposed to fly to Canada in May 2020, my Air Canada flight got cancelled and I was given a voucher I could redeem in the next 24 months. When the VBM flights opened to fly to Canada in June (22nd), I tried and was successful in booking my tickets with Air India (New Delhi - Toronto). However, I was already very reluctant to travel at the height of the pandemic and also all the essential offices in Canada (Service Canda, employment opportunities etc) were fully closed and was virtually a non-functioning economy. I was a cat on the wall about the decision and on the day before my VBM flight, both the domestic flights I had booked to fly into Delhi (I booked two just in case they cancel one) got cancelled. Considering my already strong feelings of not wanting to go then, I decided I was going to wait for the extension (by then IRCC had made it clear that processed PR applications will remain open and indicated medicals will be a given an extension of 6 months)

Come to the end of August, Canada began limited functioning again from what I researched and I raised my first RTT form last week of August. I raised a web form EVERYTIME they changed/updated their norms for non-discretionary travel, particularly for expired COPR holders. In each web form, I attached a document explaining my intent to travel permanently, my Proof of funds (I got one for the cancelled June trip), emails of job search correspondence, my letter of resignation from my last workplace and typical documents including my passport page and PRV page in it. I have in total raised 7 forms (roughly once every three weeks or whenever new norms were updated). For the first two webforms, I didn't even get an acknowledgement email. Many people by then had gotten the 4 pointer email (I didn't) and from my third form, I proactively sent what they were asking for and kept sending a word document of my declaration to land permanently. For my fifth webform, The latest IRCC norms had said they needed proof of stay and so I gave them an address of where I intend to stay after quarantine, attaching email correspondence with the friend who was willing to rent me their space. I got a generic email saying "My file has been transferred to the respected office and they will let me know when a decision is made". This was the first week of November. In the third week of November, I raised a webform again (my last one)

By this time people were getting re-medical requests even before the six months and I was bracing to stay in India until the time on my 6-month extension ran down and there was going to be a significant delay.

THE GOOD PART OF THE POST (Start here if you found my story boring so far)

On November 26th (Around 3 am), I got an email from IRCC saying my profile had been updated. I only saw it on the morning after and when I opened my profile, it said my medicals were updated ("You passed the medical exam on November 25th, 2020) and the Final decision was "Approved, 25th December 25th, 2020)
In the documents section My original counterfoil which previously said "Expired" now said "Invalid" and there was a new line in there where I had a new counterfoil number! but here comes the zinger. It was valid for a MERE 5 days and the expiry date was 30.11.2020. AND I DID NOT RECEIVE THE ETA ALONG WITH THIS UPDATED STATUS EMAIL. I did not know if there were even issuing ETAs anymore ( I raised a webform asking for one) but I went ahead and booked tickets with my Air Canada voucher seeing that I had new a counterfoil number and that is what is required at the immigration gate and hoping they email my ETA in time. I had already booked tickets for the early morning flight from Delhi for the 29th November, when I received the ETA email at around 11 30 pm on the 27th night.

I flew to Delhi, Air Canada do a "documents check" before they even issue a boarding pass, I explained to them and they gave me a boarding pass. At the immigration, I proactively gave the officer my ETA and my IRCC account print out showing my new counterfoil number. He saw them, went away from his desk, consulted with someone I couldn't see and then came back and stamped my passport.

I was flying to Toronto but through Vancouver and so my immigration was in Vancouver. Had no problems. Already did AriveCan before I flew out and had to show it in customs. I was not asked a single question, was only asked if I understood that I had to quarantine. I was issued a new COPR with the new counterfoil details but it took the officer (He talked around his colleagues about the procedure for expired COPRs) a while to figure out he needed to give me a new one instead of me using the old one. But in the end, he printed out two copies of the new one and signed both and gave me my copy.

I'm in self-isolation now and not at all prepared for the winter I find myself in, but I'm here and that's a relief.

Answers to possible FAQs

1. Yes my profile changed between "Background check passed" to "Medical passed" to "Decision made" almost every day. But I don't think it was a sign of anything, just a glitch

2. Yes I sent a webform EVERY TIME the new norms came in the IRCC website

3. No, I never spoke to an IRCC agent. I never could track the progress of my file until the end

4. No, I do not know my VO after expiration of original COPR. Emails came in at all different times

5. Yes, I received an ETA. So they must still be issuing them in some capacity

6. No, I was not asked for re medicals

I really hope this was a helpful read for you all. I want to tell you, be positive and be strong. I really with all my heart, hope plenty of ETA follow and each and every one of you does get the opportunity to finally reach the country

I will try and answer any questions when I check back here.

Keep being strong,
AGN

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi everyone.

I'm writing this post, hoping it will lift your spirits and you keep your patience running

*Long post alert*

Original medicals date: 04.07.2019
AOR: July 2019
PPR: December 2019
Original COPR expiry: July 2020
Dependants: NONE
Original VO: Ottawa
Nationality: Indian

I was originally supposed to fly to Canada in May 2020, my Air Canada flight got cancelled and I was given a voucher I could redeem in the next 24 months. When the VBM flights opened to fly to Canada in June (22nd), I tried and was successful in booking my tickets with Air India (New Delhi - Toronto). However, I was already very reluctant to travel at the height of the pandemic and also all the essential offices in Canada (Service Canda, employment opportunities etc) were fully closed and was virtually a non-functioning economy. I was a cat on the wall about the decision and on the day before my VBM flight, both the domestic flights I had booked to fly into Delhi (I booked two just in case they cancel one) got cancelled. Considering my already strong feelings of not wanting to go then, I decided I was going to wait for the extension (by then IRCC had made it clear that processed PR applications will remain open and indicated medicals will be a given an extension of 6 months)

Come to the end of August, Canada began limited functioning again from what I researched and I raised my first RTT form last week of August. I raised a web form EVERYTIME they changed/updated their norms for non-discretionary travel, particularly for expired COPR holders. In each web form, I attached a document explaining my intent to travel permanently, my Proof of funds (I got one for the cancelled June trip), emails of job search correspondence, my letter of resignation from my last workplace and typical documents including my passport page and PRV page in it. I have in total raised 7 forms (roughly once every three weeks or whenever new norms were updated). For the first two webforms, I didn't even get an acknowledgement email. Many people by then had gotten the 4 pointer email (I didn't) and from my third form, I proactively sent what they were asking for and kept sending a word document of my declaration to land permanently. For my fifth webform, The latest IRCC norms had said they needed proof of stay and so I gave them an address of where I intend to stay after quarantine, attaching email correspondence with the friend who was willing to rent me their space. I got a generic email saying "My file has been transferred to the respected office and they will let me know when a decision is made". This was the first week of November. In the third week of November, I raised a webform again (my last one)

By this time people were getting re-medical requests even before the six months and I was bracing to stay in India until the time on my 6-month extension ran down and there was going to be a significant delay.

THE GOOD PART OF THE POST (Start here if you found my story boring so far)

On November 26th (Around 3 am), I got an email from IRCC saying my profile had been updated. I only saw it on the morning after and when I opened my profile, it said my medicals were updated ("You passed the medical exam on November 25th, 2020) and the Final decision was "Approved, 25th December 25th, 2020)
In the documents section My original counterfoil which previously said "Expired" now said "Invalid" and there was a new line in there where I had a new counterfoil number! but here comes the zinger. It was valid for a MERE 5 days and the expiry date was 30.11.2020. AND I DID NOT RECEIVE THE ETA ALONG WITH THIS UPDATED STATUS EMAIL. I did not know if there were even issuing ETAs anymore ( I raised a webform asking for one) but I went ahead and booked tickets with my Air Canada voucher seeing that I had new a counterfoil number and that is what is required at the immigration gate and hoping they email my ETA in time. I had already booked tickets for the early morning flight from Delhi for the 29th November, when I received the ETA email at around 11 30 pm on the 27th night.

I flew to Delhi, Air Canada do a "documents check" before they even issue a boarding pass, I explained to them and they gave me a boarding pass. At the immigration, I proactively gave the officer my ETA and my IRCC account print out showing my new counterfoil number. He saw them, went away from his desk, consulted with someone I couldn't see and then came back and stamped my passport.

I was flying to Toronto but through Vancouver and so my immigration was in Vancouver. Had no problems. Already did AriveCan before I flew out and had to show it in customs. I was not asked a single question, was only asked if I understood that I had to quarantine. I was issued a new COPR with the new counterfoil details but it took the officer (He talked around his colleagues about the procedure for expired COPRs) a while to figure out he needed to give me a new one instead of me using the old one. But in the end, he printed out two copies of the new one and signed both and gave me my copy.

I'm in self-isolation now and not at all prepared for the winter I find myself in, but I'm here and that's a relief.

Answers to possible FAQs

1. Yes my profile changed between "Background check passed" to "Medical passed" to "Decision made" almost every day. But I don't think it was a sign of anything, just a glitch

2. Yes I sent a webform EVERY TIME the new norms came in the IRCC website

3. No, I never spoke to an IRCC agent. I never could track the progress of my file until the end

4. No, I do not know my VO after expiration of original COPR. Emails came in at all different times

5. Yes, I received an ETA. So they must still be issuing them in some capacity

6. No, I was not asked for re medicals

I really hope this was a helpful read for you all. I want to tell you, be positive and be strong. I really with all my heart, hope plenty of ETA follow and each and every one of you does get the opportunity to finally reach the country

I will try and answer any questions when I check back here.

Keep being strong,
AGN
Super helpful and encouraging buddy. I hope we all see this in our account. Thank you

Reactions: mayar-123456789

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Yeah , doesn’t matter for expired COPR holders but does matter for thousands of COPR holder whose expiry date is in between Dec to March.
Hello,

The travel restrictions is till Jan 21..

Any particular reason that you mention Dec to Mar?

Last edited:

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
I feel so too. More so, because vaccine shipments willl start coming in from Jan and they would have administered vaccination to most of the front line workers. They should then feel comfortable in allowing in PR applicants.

However, we are choosing to not take the economic conditions in Candada into consideration. Maybe they are waiting for the economy to revive again, before letting in the immigrants. If they choose to do this or are holding us due to this reason, then we are doomed!
If they are considering economic conditions, they shouldn't be increasing the ITAs...its much higher than earlier levels. Or maybe its to offset the same economic conditions..keep the money coming in ..;)

• Haha
Reactions: EnthuChap

amrahsidana

Mar 14, 2020
Got an email from IRCC on the lines of "We are working on your application. " Could not access my application via gc key.

Don't know what's going on.

------------------
Copr: 13 Mar 20
Expired: 29 Apr 20

Received 4 ptr: 2 October
Responded: 10 October

Never raised webform

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hello,

The travel restrictions is till Jan 21..

Any particular reason that you mention Dec to Mar?
Nothing in particular, Just my random thinking. Now the Dec / Jan COPR holders will have a headache for COPR extension, re-medical & PPR. Feb/March COPR holders will be in tight schedule to manage everything if there is some ease in restriction announced on 21st Jan. Mine COPR & Medical is expiring in March. At short time it will hard to quit the current job, get the airlines ticket, book the apartment, to get reasonable price hotel for quarantine, manage good school for kids etc etc. I am based in other country (not in-home country), so it will be harder for many applicants like me to scrap everything and travel at short period of time. Mind was much relaxed before getting the COPR…haha.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
If they are considering economic conditions, they shouldn't be increasing the ITAs...its much higher than earlier levels. Or maybe its to offset the same economic conditions..keep the money coming in ..;)
Surely can't deny the later part, as its purely a money minting exercise by issuing insane ITAs; at a time when they are miniscule number of PPRs.

Reactions: pororo