+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Garth 117

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I know there arent any great signs but, and it is possible I am being too optimistic, there are some signs. They started issuing PPRs after 7 months in November, they have also started extending expired Coprs. The COPRs they are issuing have expiry of anywhere from Feb to May 2021. If they dont add some exemptions for copr holders in Jan or Feb, again thousands of COPR holders will have their copr expired. Creates a lot of pressure on the system and really complicates backlog. With vaccinations starting (slowly i know) from Jan to March, they could easily allow copr holders by asking for a negative covid test before. Or even do it on arrival.

I know there arent any official signs, but the fact that they are issuing coprs of Feb, March and a ton for April, makes me feel that while travel restrictions might not be lifted completely, they could still add exemptions for copr holders. Like they have done for students and immediate family members. They could even be bucketed to prevent a ton of people from arriving together, so maybe at first only people with COPR expiry before March will be allowed or something like that.
I like that thinking.so positivity.thank you.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Cpt_keaSae

Nov 29, 2020
Hey. I’ve got my COPR in April 2020 and it is soon to expire. As far as I understand current rules, you can’t come to Canada unless you got your COPR before March 2020 or you have compassionate reasons to do so, which I don’t have. On top of it, frankly speaking, I don’t really want to come to Canada now - I recently got a nice yearly contract and it’ll be great if I could finish it and earn some easy buck.

Considering all this, is there anything I should do?

1. Should I apply for COPR extension, considering that I’m not ready to leave for Canada yet?

2. Will I loose my COPR if I fail to land before the expiration date?

3. Should I just wait till this COVID madness is over and then use my expired COPR to land in Canada (I mean there will be some kind of a process for people in such situation, right?)

4. As far as I understand, you can’t nowadays come, get PR and leave Canada for the time being. But how likely is that it will be possible after restrictions are lifted?

Thanks for you input and suggestions!

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hey guys,

I know it is a long shot but let us try and retweet messages requesting an AL on Twitter with the expiredcopr hashtag. If the volume of these retweets is large enough then it may be looked at a bit more seriously by Canada than it is currently. With MPs like Raquel Dancho and Jenny Kwan having brought the topics up with the ministers just recently, this would be the right time to keep pressing on it. It does not take a lot of your time. Just reply or retweet with that hashtag.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hey guys,

I know it is a long shot but let us try and retweet messages requesting an AL on Twitter with the expiredcopr hashtag. If the volume of these retweets is large enough then it may be looked at a bit more seriously by Canada than it is currently. With MPs like Raquel Dancho and Jenny Kwan having brought the topics up with the ministers just recently, this would be the right time to keep pressing on it. It does not take a lot of your time. Just reply or retweet with that hashtag.
It's been already going on for the past six months. Most of us tweet daily.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I know there arent any great signs but, and it is possible I am being too optimistic, there are some signs. They started issuing PPRs after 7 months in November, they have also started extending expired Coprs. The COPRs they are issuing have expiry of anywhere from Feb to May 2021. If they dont add some exemptions for copr holders in Jan or Feb, again thousands of COPR holders will have their copr expired. Creates a lot of pressure on the system and really complicates backlog. With vaccinations starting (slowly i know) from Jan to March, they could easily allow copr holders by asking for a negative covid test before. Or even do it on arrival.

I know there arent any official signs, but the fact that they are issuing coprs of Feb, March and a ton for April, makes me feel that while travel restrictions might not be lifted completely, they could still add exemptions for copr holders. Like they have done for students and immediate family members. They could even be bucketed to prevent a ton of people from arriving together, so maybe at first only people with COPR expiry before March will be allowed or something like that.
I feel so too. More so, because vaccine shipments willl start coming in from Jan and they would have administered vaccination to most of the front line workers. They should then feel comfortable in allowing in PR applicants.

However, we are choosing to not take the economic conditions in Candada into consideration. Maybe they are waiting for the economy to revive again, before letting in the immigrants. If they choose to do this or are holding us due to this reason, then we are doomed!

Reactions: Garth 117

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys, I'm currently in India (visiting from US), is there any way I can get medical done assuming that IRCC is going to asks for re-medical (when/if they extend COPR).

Any particular hospital in Delhi and what documents to take (since IRCC hasn't asked for re-medical yet)?
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk

Contact medical center you want to get medicals done from.

I talked to Max Super Specialty 15 days ago they said they needed IME. I told them I am going to upfront medical then they agreed to do it without IME. They said they would need a hand written note listing reason for getting the test. Apart from IME, they asked me to get my passport and two copies of the passport.

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Yes definitely, happy to share any updates. Agreed, no one in this forum seems to be in a similar situation.
From previous experience - we had AOR+medicals in June 2018; first child was born in Oct 2018 and raised webform to add child to application. From then no news until Aug 2019 (almost 1 year). Remeds done in Aug 2019 and CoPR in Sept 2019. Now CoPR expired in Aug 2020.

So, my biggest worry is if I cant make it in time to land then adding our second child to the application will result in re-processing again and potentially a longer wait like 1 year.
Congrats btw......
Oh that's like too long. 1 year.... :( a friend of mine added her husband and she got him added in her profile in a month's time.
I hope it goes easy for you and takes comparatively lesser time.

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
I feel so too. More so, because vaccine shipments willl start coming in from Jan and they would have administered vaccination to most of the front line workers. They should then feel comfortable in allowing in PR applicants.

However, we are choosing to not take the economic conditions in Candada into consideration. Maybe they are waiting for the economy to revive again, before letting in the immigrants. If they choose to do this or are holding us due to this reason, then we are doomed!
In that case they could easily have extended medicals for a year, or ask for remedical before issuing PPRs in November. By issuing new COPRs this month with an expiry of Jan/Feb/March and a lot for April, they have complicated things IF they dont allow people to travel.

And the economic effects might take years honestly. They arent going to be completely fine within the first 6 months of 2021 for sure.

Reactions: EnthuChap

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
Travel restrictions were always going to be extended. What is important is to look out for additional exemptions. Like they added for students and spouses on October 2nd. Restrictions will not be completely removed till at least middle of 2021. But they can and hopefully will add exemptions for copr holders maybe even limited by date of expiry.

Reactions: Renalpe

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
Hey guys,

From what I have read they are not issuing ALs any longer. They seem to be issuing re-medical requests(if required), and ppr again and copr after that.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Oh that's like too long. 1 year.... :( a friend of mine added her husband and she got him added in her profile in a month's time.
I hope it goes easy for you and takes comparatively lesser time.
Hmmmm.......that's very interesting!!
I ordered GCMS notes back then and from my notes I could see all activity stopped when I raised the webform to add my first child and no movement for almost a year. But that's also because my PR wasn't approved at that stage and was still processing.
So you're most likely right in that if we are already approved PR (CoPR) then adding a child wont take that long; could be done in a month. Only problem is with Covid that may change the timelines. Any chance you can get more info from your friend around timelines, which year, etc.