+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Oh that's like too long. 1 year.... :( a friend of mine added her husband and she got him added in her profile in a month's time.
I hope it goes easy for you and takes comparatively lesser time.
So are you saying i can add my wife as an applicant after COPR?. I got married during lockdown.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
So are you saying i can add my wife as an applicant after COPR?. I got married during lockdown.
Not sure about spouse, but I believe you should be able to add her.
If u didn’t land and still on CoPR then u essentially modify your application to include your spouse. You might have to go through reprocessing. But not 100% sure, you might be better off searching other threads on this forum.
But if you complete landing and get PR, you will have to sponsor her which may take more time from what I have read on the forums.

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi guys, got an update after 8 days of submitting my passport. My counterfoil date will expire on the 25th of Jan, 2021. AOR was 5 Feb 2020. No idea why they didn't extend my medical. However, I don't want to expire my CoPR. Some people are saying if airlines allow me to travel, I am good to go. Is it true? What if CBSA turned me back to my country? I am also thinking about the after-effect. Since it would be violating their restriction, will they issue my PR card in normal process? Lot more tasks to do; yet to resign from job, buying tickets, renting houses etc....

Reactions: Garth 117

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Yeah , doesn’t matter for expired COPR holders but does matter for thousands of COPR holder whose expiry date is in between Dec to March.
Yup true. At least those thousands are in much better situation then almost 15-16k with expired COPRs. Those thousand plan accordingly in another 1 year.
Anyways, hope everyone lands soon.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys, got an update after 8 days of submitting my passport. My counterfoil date will expire on the 25th of Jan, 2021. AOR was 5 Feb 2020. No idea why they didn't extend my medical. However, I don't want to expire my CoPR. Some people are saying if airlines allow me to travel, I am good to go. Is it true? What if CBSA turned me back to my country? I am also thinking about the after-effect. Since it would be violating their restriction, will they issue my PR card in normal process? Lot more tasks to do; yet to resign from job, buying tickets, renting houses etc....
Not sure that you land or not but it may raise a red flag on your name.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey guys,

I know it is a long shot but let us try and retweet messages requesting an AL on Twitter with the expiredcopr hashtag. If the volume of these retweets is large enough then it may be looked at a bit more seriously by Canada than it is currently. With MPs like Raquel Dancho and Jenny Kwan having brought the topics up with the ministers just recently, this would be the right time to keep pressing on it. It does not take a lot of your time. Just reply or retweet with that hashtag.
I hope they listen to them but both of them are not from liberal party. Liberals may not pay heed to their views.

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
I got a generic update today saying my application is still under process.. anyone else?
Same. Got the message below.

We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:

I checked my account, but there was nothing new there and no new messages.

My COPR expired back in June.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Is getting an assurance email that they are still working on application sign of application getting reopened for CoPR extension? Just putting my thought as it looks like this email got auto triggered as it mentions "Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date" which does not make any sense for expired CoPR holders.

Not able to login to CIC account to verify. Server is slow and redirecting to initial page!

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Is getting an assurance email that they are still working on application sign of application getting reopened for CoPR extension? Just putting my thought as it looks like this email got auto triggered as it mentions "Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date" which does not make any sense for expired CoPR holders.

Not able to login to CIC account to verify. Server is slow and redirecting to initial page!
My friend who completed landing few months ago also got this mail. Don't think it's a sign of progress unfortunately :confused:

Reactions: sumitkamboj88