+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
do ur best tobtravel before delivery
The issue is, i expect IRCC to contact me in January and ask for remeds which ofcourse my wife can't go through before the delivery in Feb.
Secondly, what do you suggest should I inform them right now that we are expecting? Because i haven't told them this in our RTT webforms.

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hmmmm.......that's very interesting!!
I ordered GCMS notes back then and from my notes I could see all activity stopped when I raised the webform to add my first child and no movement for almost a year. But that's also because my PR wasn't approved at that stage and was still processing.
So you're most likely right in that if we are already approved PR (CoPR) then adding a child wont take that long; could be done in a month. Only problem is with Covid that may change the timelines. Any chance you can get more info from your friend around timelines, which year, etc.
Yes hope so it won't take too long.
My friend received her ITA and after providing the documents for her case, she raised a Web form to add her husband and they asked for the marriage deed and visa fee, after that her husband was added to her profile in about a month or two. This all happened between December 19 to Feb 20. And since then she hasn't heard from them and no updates on her profile.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Sometimes i wonder if they understand the situation. When an issue about people stranded with expires COPR was raised by an MP, this was the response ...

One must understand no MP from Liberals have said anything about Expired COPR. Raquel is from Conservative and Jenny Kwan is from NDP. So they would not pay much attention tot heir statements.

Reactions: sunny_1994

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Because there is a pandemic, Canada's infection rate has skyrocketed, hospitals are full, there are areas in lockdown, there are millions receiving income replacement because they are unemployed or their hours are being cut and very few employers are hiring, Canada is spending hundreds of billions of dollars, etc.

People who have arrived in Canada are complaining that they can't find a job so getting to Canada doesn't solve issues it just creates a whole set of different issues.
I totally agree. Finding small jobs for survival is also difficult now

sunny_1994

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
My cousin AOR is Nov 2019 with one dependent CEC inland still waiting now it is dec2020 his Bwp is also in process. No final decision.so he will be entering 2021 in a month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also hope so.
But its like minority govt MPs presenting views in parliament and no one listening to them.
More than anything it is the other parties posing questions to look good to their constituents although the MP doesn't really know what she's talking about. If the other parties were in power they would do exactly the same thing as the Liberals. Canada is already facing issues with people not quarantining properly (often quarantining with other family members or friends), flights arriving with covid, spread within households, spread within immigrant communities, etc. so there isn't a lot of incentive to increase the problem. I still don't understand why so many extended family members and parents are able to arrive without proof of health insurance that covers covid.

Reactions: EscoBlades

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Buddies if ur timeline is more than 100% send emails to liberal party to speed up process.
The progress bar is intended to provide a visual representation of the average processing time before covid. Do you have the funds to support your family if it takes a year to find a job? New immigrants are not going to qualify for the income replacement programs unless they have been working in Canada.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Well I am optimistic to say that Canada's House of commons has parties who treat each other with mutual respect. If you have watched the whole panel discussion you'll see how the discussion went .I found it amusing because
i rarely see parties not calling each other names while discussing.

Reactions: Jo1984

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
So do they renewal expired ones?
Still no response. Only 120 got response out 15k stranded outside Canada waiting for renewal. Your cousin is still in better situation as he has not left his job to fly to Canada and living in distress since 8 months.
So cheer up buddy people are in very bad situation.