Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
Hi, we also got our re-medicals done but we were told that the clinic will send our medical report directly to ircc and we dont meed to do anything about it. did you submit your re-medicals receipt? if yes, then where?
Submit the receipts via regular webform

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Congratulations on the PR. Can you advise if they checked or took a photo of your visa counterfoil? I am asking because I am in a weird situation. IRCC never issued me visa counterfoil on my passport. They directly issue the letter of travel authorization to me with the statement in it "bring this letter with your COPR and PR visa" which is confusing I was never issued a PR visa. Now, I am confused if I should attempt to travel with COPR and letter of travel authorization. It seems that IRCC does not have a clue what they are doing, it's a total mess.

I am an inland applicant and came to India for vacation but stuck here because of the pandemic. I was given PR status directly in June as I was inland applicant and they instructed to apply for PRTD if I am outside of Canada. I applied for PRTD and got approved. I was asked to book a flight to get the travel authorization letter as VACs were closed in India and it is not possible to get the passport stamped. I book the flight and got the travel auth letter with statement in it "bring this letter with your COPR and PR visa" which does not make any sense as I was never issued a PR visa.

You are all set. Should travel.

Rule: Permanent Residents - which you have the CoPR towards now - can fly in to Canada with either a PR Card or PRTD document in lieu of PR Card.

You are an inland PR. Lucky - despite landing in the middle of a pandemic lock down - lucky that you were amongst family! :) Bless!

You successfully secured the PRTD document since you were not in possession of your PR Card.

Now you have right documentation to properly enter Canada. Carry all print outs in a neat file, in the correct order as you would like to communicate with the airport staff.

Keep extra extra time, expect airport officials to take extra time to tackle the nuance of your situation. Remain polite. smile consistently. Remember the airport staff do not want to get into trouble for having taken a wrong decision. :) Thus please expect they will likely need to contact multiple offices while you are asked to wait at the check in desk. And then again multiple calls by them at immigrations and also boarding gates.

Canada and all of us are waiting to welcome you back!

Best

Last edited:
Reactions: sumitkamboj88

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
For those who received remedical letter.. does it have an end date for submitting remedical?
90 days in most cases. The very same template that they sent the very first time - this letter will not be re-issued, if you need extension you must contact IRCC in writing etc etc.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hi All - I've already completed my landing last year and have been living in the US. I also have a PR card. I now have a job offer in Canada and am planning to drive from the US to Canada. While the IRCC websites indicates that citizens and PR's are allowed for non-discretionary travel (moving permanently and settling in Canada with a Job offer would be non-discretionary I guess?), the ArriveCAN app does not really provide an option for this. It only provides an option for exempt individuals (cross border services) or other classes of individuals (like relatives of citizens/PR's, asylum seekers etc).

Has anyone had experience moving permanently to Canada (from the US) during Covid restrictions? Should I be expecting trouble?
Quite a few pages back several members reported driving in from US to Canada. Relatively quick without hassle.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Quote from the pages in the above web link:
"...You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

Get pre-arrival services before you leave ..."

Last edited:
Reactions: ashwin35

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
90 days in most cases. The very same template that they sent the very first time - this letter will not be re-issued, if you need extension you must contact IRCC in writing etc etc.
Thanks for responding.. I went for upfront medicals so I never saw the letter.. would you recommend getting remedical done without remedical request, when it has been 6 months since meds expired?

I want to move to Canada asap but have compelling reasons to wait for certain things to wrap up before I leave.

Reactions: hinavin

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Thanks for responding.. I went for upfront medicals so I never saw the letter.. would you recommend getting remedical done without remedical request, when it has been 6 months since meds expired?

I want to move to Canada asap but have compelling reasons to wait for certain things to wrap up before I leave.
I would have thought that to be an option, however not so sure if it will add a material advantage.

1. Most physicians and clinics are reported as asking for IME number, which you might know is provided on the form itself.
2. If it has been 6 months since the expiry then you are right o the dot - as IRCC had given 6 months automaic extension due to COVID. Blanket in most cases.
3. Thus your file would have popped up for next step processing now, which is re-medicals. Provided you raised the web form for travel readiness. (I think you did that already)
4. The medical appointments throughout different cities in India and all clinics are almost immediately available (unlike yester years). And the results are within a week, in my experience or even 5 days. So there wont be any bottle necks or gaining time by doing it in advance, I feel.

If you are able to secure a test without the IME number or form, I do not see any disadvantage either. Remember 12 month clock starts on the day of your test - if that sort of matters to you.

Best wishes

TheProspector

Nov 10, 2020
Greetings,

For those who are about to start or completed a web form to request COPR extension, could you please share your experience of which category of compelling reason you will add or have added.

Below are the categories of compelling reasons as they are listed by Canadian government website:

"have a compelling reason to travel to Canada now:
- Family reunification: family member is in Canada and usually resides there.
- Economic: economic services and supply chains, critical infrastructure support.
health (immediate medical care), safety and security.
- Supporting Indigenous communitiese expiring status in the US.
- Tending to family matters for non-optional or non-discretionary purposes.
- Any other activities that are deemed non-optional or non-discretionary by the Government of Canada or based on an officer’s assessment."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Thanks

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Greetings,

For those who are about to start or completed a web form to request COPR extension, could you please share your experience of which category of compelling reason you will add or have added.

Below are the categories of compelling reasons as they are listed by Canadian government website:

"have a compelling reason to travel to Canada now:
- Family reunification: family member is in Canada and usually resides there.
- Economic: economic services and supply chains, critical infrastructure support.
health (immediate medical care), safety and security.
- Supporting Indigenous communitiese expiring status in the US.
- Tending to family matters for non-optional or non-discretionary purposes.
- Any other activities that are deemed non-optional or non-discretionary by the Government of Canada or based on an officer’s assessment."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Thanks
As per my experience, IRCC does not follow any of the above. Like me there are many who are separated from their respective spouses and already raised web forms for travel but no help. Just generic replies.

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Hi Friends,

The status of my online portal says 'Your Action is Required' even though I have all the COPR numbers and dates inside my application. Previously it was "Approved" and got changed to this after I got the travel restrictions letter from IRCC in my account. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks
Hi @Haydi,
What is the new letter you got in account?
Did you raise any webform after you got copr?
Also what is your country of residence?

Thanks much

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Hi,

That’s a letter saying that I cannot travel at this moment. My country of residence is UAE.

Thanks
Till when is your counterfoil visa valid? And did you raise any webform after receiving copr and visa?

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
It’s valid till 22/12/2020. Yes I raised a web form requesting them to extend the validity of COPR. However they replied saying that I should let them know once I ready to travel. Hope everything will be ok.

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
It’s valid till 22/12/2020. Yes I raised a web form requesting them to extend the validity of COPR. However they replied saying that I should let them know once I ready to travel. Hope everything will be ok.
Then probably the action required on your side is letting them know when you are ready to travel...call ircc to be sure.