15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi guys,

Little update... I did not receive any 4pe but yesterday my gc account updated from final decision on 2 March to 17 March and then again today from 17 March to your background has been completed... I think ircc is upto something now...
Dont' worry about that. I landed over a year ago. Since then, my GC Key has been saying "Latest Update" Your application was approved, however, I happened to have logged in to look at something for applying for Citizenship later this year, and it now says "Latest Update" Your background check was completed on August 19, 2019. Then, I'll log in the next day and it has gone back to "Latest Update" Your application was approved on September 26, 2019. (the day I landed) So, I don't know why it is doing that. But it sounds like you are on your way to the end! YAY!

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I would have thought that to be an option, however not so sure if it will add a material advantage.

1. Most physicians and clinics are reported as asking for IME number, which you might know is provided on the form itself.
2. If it has been 6 months since the expiry then you are right o the dot - as IRCC had given 6 months automaic extension due to COVID. Blanket in most cases.
3. Thus your file would have popped up for next step processing now, which is re-medicals. Provided you raised the web form for travel readiness. (I think you did that already)
4. The medical appointments throughout different cities in India and all clinics are almost immediately available (unlike yester years). And the results are within a week, in my experience or even 5 days. So there wont be any bottle necks or gaining time by doing it in advance, I feel.

If you are able to secure a test without the IME number or form, I do not see any disadvantage either. Remember 12 month clock starts on the day of your test - if that sort of matters to you.

Best wishes
Wow your responses are organized in points and all. You must be a manager.

Max in Delhi are doing it without IME number for primary applicants. Reviews about the centre are good too.

It has been 2 months now but i figure it'll take 4 more to wrap up things here.

I did send a form asking for extension till October 2021. They responded back saying let us know when u r ready to travel. This was way back in May. Would you recommend submitting another one?

Do you think even if I apply on the dot they can give an extension of 3 months? 60 days of notice period is a pain :(

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Quite a few pages back several members reported driving in from US to Canada. Relatively quick without hassle.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Quote from the pages in the above web link:
"...You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

Get pre-arrival services before you leave ..."
Thank You @hinavin

Reactions: hinavin

rt0308

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Dont' worry about that. I landed over a year ago. Since then, my GC Key has been saying "Latest Update" Your application was approved, however, I happened to have logged in to look at something for applying for Citizenship later this year, and it now says "Latest Update" Your background check was completed on August 19, 2019. Then, I'll log in the next day and it has gone back to "Latest Update" Your application was approved on September 26, 2019. (the day I landed) So, I don't know why it is doing that. But it sounds like you are on your way to the end! YAY!
Thanks for the positive response..

MassHunter

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Spouse Sponsorship
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Doc's Request.
31-08-2019 (Updated PCC Req.)
AOR Received.
31-12-2018
File Transfer...
13-03-2019 (FT), 22-03-2019 (AOR2)
Med's Request
16-01-2019 (Bio Req), 17-01-2019 (Med Req),
Med's Done....
31-01-2019 (Medical Done), 06-02-2019 (Bio Done), PCC submitted with application
Does CIC allow to extend the expiry date of COPR and Visa issued, due to Covid-19 or one has to travel before the visa expiry date?

My parents got COPR in Nov 2020, and the visa is valid till Feb 2021, my parents are not comfortable travelling right now because of COVID-19. Any suggestions are welcome

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Any update post your remedical.
Nothing yet. This time even no generic response to the web form raised for reporting on medicals. Usually they reply after a week with a general statement but this time it is missing.

Last edited:

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Wow your responses are organized in points and all. You must be a manager.

Max in Delhi are doing it without IME number for primary applicants. Reviews about the centre are good too.

It has been 2 months now but i figure it'll take 4 more to wrap up things here.

I did send a form asking for extension till October 2021. They responded back saying let us know when u r ready to travel. This was way back in May. Would you recommend submitting another one?

Do you think even if I apply on the dot they can give an extension of 3 months? 60 days of notice period is a pain :(
Thank you for your comment, you are too kind!

In that case I would go with re-medicals at Max. Submit the report and keep IRCC advised of travel plans. The extension of CoPR will be for standard 12 months from the date of medical test and if you intend to travel in say 3 to 5 months from now or the medical test date, Sometime by end December or early January should give plenty of time for IRCC correspondence and seeking AL.

Thing we cannot predict is change of Canadian travel policy during expected peak in winter months as far as the pandemic is concerned. Equally the latest Pfizer and others racing for vaccine may open things up, causing sudden surge of IRCC work and resultant delays.

Both scenarios would cause longer processing times. As they say, a bird in hand...so travel at your earliest feasible timeframe!

Best wishes!

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Does CIC allow to extend the expiry date of COPR and Visa issued, due to Covid-19 or one has to travel before the visa expiry date?

My parents got COPR in Nov 2020, and the visa is valid till Feb 2021, my parents are not comfortable travelling right now because of COVID-19. Any suggestions are welcome
The worry with travel is quite understandable and besides delaying the arrival into core winters, the additional months into Feb 2021 could throw some more light on the vaccine situation etc.

I would think contacting IRCC say four clear weeks prior to CoPR expiry should give you and IRCC good time to process needfuls.
  • If the six month medical extension is still the norm - that will be a bonus by avoidance of re-medicals until Aug 2021 (Feb + 6 mnths)
  • Summer of 2021 will also give greater confidence to travel and escape from Pak heat, if parents feel confident to travel by then
Respect to your parents!

Reactions: Wotsit

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi,

That’s a letter saying that I cannot travel at this moment. My country of residence is UAE.

Thanks
[/QUOT

Same situation for me - mine expires on DEC 4 and they told me to notify them once i am ready to travel - do you mind us getting in touch please? since we live in the same country? I am also in the UAE.
Thank you

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
what is the number to call from out side canada???
There is no separate number to call from outside Canada. It is the same number and meant for calling from inside Canada..

Try using app such as TextNow.

The number is below:
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
  • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi all,

Has anyone been successful in obtaining a COPR extension and authorisation to travel without providing a lease agreement or other proof of long-term housing? I am ready to travel but I can't find a place to live if I'm not in Canada, I don't know what IRCC had in mind when they put that requirement in the list of things to provide with the RTT form. I can get the 14 day quarantine place easy with AirBNB but I don't want to live in an AirBNB for 3 months just to comply with their stupid requirement.

Anyway I was planning to submit copies of (i) my employment termination notice and (ii) lease termination notice as evidence of my intent to permanently settle in Canada.

Any thoughts?