+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
People who left their jobs early this year in order to travel have you'll gone back to work in your respective countries? Wondering how long should we wait given the pace of IRCC working on our files.

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Hello!
We received our CoPR before March 18th and replied to the 4 pointer email. We got the generic medicals expiry email and went ahead to do our medicals without any letter from IRCC. We wrote a webform with our new medicals on Sunday.

On Nov 11th we got an email saying our account has been updated. However, all our existing data including biometric information, previous counter-foil details etc disappeared and the status is similar to what it was before PPR.

The update has reset our background check and final decision too.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

The update also has a statement which says if I can't see updates, inform IRCC through a link and the link is not visible. Its been 2 days
since this update but no movement.
When you have done with your Medical,
You passed your medical in account? when?
When you got 4 pointer mail and when did you replied.
Your Visa Office?
You are from which Country.
When was your COPR expired.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

My COPR is also about to expire on January 2021, would it be possible to send them a request now, NOV 2020, to extend the validity of PRV and COPR? and not wait for the lifting of travel restriction which is uncertain.

@legalfalcon and @whyCorona any comments? THank you for the reply.
You should request for an extension when you are ready to travel.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Nope! Still Waiting.
I guess they have parked people like us 1. Spousal sponsorship 2. And who received 4Pt email in second week of sept mostly around 18/19. And we are so helpless that we don’t even know when they will pick our applications.. their dead silence is killing literally. I think we are quite a bunch of people from same category here

Reactions: Raina1996

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I guess they have parked people like us 1. Spousal sponsorship 2. And who received 4Pt email in second week of sept mostly around 18/19. And we are so helpless that we don’t even know when they will pick our applications.. their dead silence is killing literally. I think we are quite a bunch of people from same category here
we are in the same situation as you. Sponsorship file with a CoPR that expired August 8. We sent a RTT once the airports opened and we received a 4 pointer email Sept. 15. We replied on the 21st with all the necessary info. We haven’t heard back. We sent another webform asking for updates and we just received an “update” today. Basically the email said we thank you for your patience and confirm that the file is with the responsible VO and that the file should be reviewed shortly. Shortly? Like A few months shortly or a couple of days, shortly? At this point I’ve left in Gods hands, and praying that my husband will be able to move soon. The wait has been hard, but that’s all we can do, wait.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Really? How does it go on your application number then?

i didn't know this.
I did my medicals just by showing my passport.. They resisted it but even Canada's website states that there is no need to show any document to them. Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Well, when they resisted and I pointed the website to them.. they quietly agreed but when leaving the hospital I overheard "Learn to trust people more".. My wild guess is they get something on the side by selling this data..

ArunRag is right.. the receipt they share gets linked to you account

@ArunRag Please keep sharing your progress with us

Also, I would most likely be going through medicals again.. There are no physicians available locally.. Anyone know a good place in Delhi or Mumbai?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I didn’t do it yet. Yes I think UAE process is little fast
A query
Did you receive you CoPR by email or was it dispatched to you along with your passports?
Thanks in advance.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi, Read through this forum from page 1 till page 748, probably read this forum more than all my 1st standard till MBA combined but still for mental peace need somebody to confirm??
Once we submit our RTT form, we need to wait for a 4 pointer in mail and/or a message in GC key inbox right? Nothing except waiting, between these two steps.

Someone already gone through the process, please confirm :)

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi, Read through this forum from page 1 till page 748, probably read this forum more than all my 1st standard till MBA combined but still for mental peace need somebody to confirm??
Once we submit our RTT form, we need to wait for a 4 pointer in mail and/or a message in GC key inbox right? Nothing except waiting, between these two steps.

Yes sadly we need to WAIT but for how long nobody knows.

Reactions: kpatel1988

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020

How long did you already wait after sending the RTT?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

Please provide all information/documents which demonstrate your willingness to settle in Canada in the webform for RTT. There are no timelines as such.

mohprojects

Jul 8, 2020
Hi all, and @legal Falcon
I got my COPR on 8th Nov 2020. MY COPR expires on 30th Jan 2021. I am ready to travel. If I book Tickets, will it be possible for me travel in spite of restriction being in place.. I will travelling from the Middle east. Airports are open in the Middle east.