+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Please provide all information/documents which demonstrate your willingness to settle in Canada in the webform for RTT. There are no timelines as such.
Already sent 2 forms, but not with all the relevant information. 1 RTT was just a ready to travel, please outline next steps.
2nd RTT I sent out my quarantine plan stating I would be staying with a family member and gave a letter from his end along with his passport copy

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Already sent 2 forms, but not with all the relevant information. 1 RTT was just a ready to travel, please outline next steps.
2nd RTT I sent out my quarantine plan stating I would be staying with a family member and gave a letter from his end along with his passport copy
It might help if you proactively send out the settlement plan along with the quarantine plan. By settlement plan I mean the points from the 4 pointer email, proof of funds, your job search attempts and strategies etc.

aik8*

Jul 9, 2020
Hi All,

Please, can someone share the 4pointer email as well as some kind of an example on what to write in the webform.

Thanks

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi all, and @legal Falcon
I got my COPR on 8th Nov 2020. MY COPR expires on 30th Jan 2021. I am ready to travel. If I book Tickets, will it be possible for me travel in spite of restriction being in place.. I will travelling from the Middle east. Airports are open in the Middle east.
Are you planning on relocating completely now?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Whats the basis on which they are issuing the validity of CoPR?
I have noticed validity ranging from 2 months, to 6 months, even 9 months.

6 months is still a reasonable time line.

does it have anything to do with the validity of the medicals?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Whats the basis on which they are issuing the validity of CoPR?
I have noticed validity ranging from 2 months, to 6 months, even 9 months.

6 months is still a reasonable time line.

does it have anything to do with the validity of the medicals?
It goes with the validity of medicals.

vjexpress2019

Nov 19, 2019
Hi Guys, Need help with our applications.

We got COPR Feb 2020 and it was valid till Sep 2020. Due to Coronavirus, we were not able to do soft landing and conveyed this message to the officials through web form and they suggested that we don't need to worry and when we are ready we can contact them back. Me and my wife are both in H1B visa with expired stamping and considering the issues with US consulates as well , we postponed our plan for next year.

I read through this forum, people with expired COPR receive, a 4 pointer email which I did not received and also my application now cannot be opened and results in bad request.

Can some one guide us what would be the next steps, we are still hesitant to do a hard landing right now as out plans to travel to CA was mostly in late 2021. Is contacting through web form is the best option and wait for the response?

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hi, Read through this forum from page 1 till page 748, probably read this forum more than all my 1st standard till MBA combined but still for mental peace need somebody to confirm??
Once we submit our RTT form, we need to wait for a 4 pointer in mail and/or a message in GC key inbox right? Nothing except waiting, between these two steps.

Someone already gone through the process, please confirm :)
RTT stands for ????

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys, Need help with our applications.

We got COPR Feb 2020 and it was valid till Sep 2020. Due to Coronavirus, we were not able to do soft landing and conveyed this message to the officials through web form and they suggested that we don't need to worry and when we are ready we can contact them back. Me and my wife are both in H1B visa with expired stamping and considering the issues with US consulates as well , we postponed our plan for next year.

I read through this forum, people with expired COPR receive, a 4 pointer email which I did not received and also my application now cannot be opened and results in bad request.

Can some one guide us what would be the next steps, we are still hesitant to do a hard landing right now as out plans to travel to CA was mostly in late 2021. Is contacting through web form is the best option and wait for the response?
Hey the bad request thing could be temporary.. try again in 6 hours or so

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations on the PR. Can you advise if they checked or took a photo of your visa counterfoil? I am asking because I am in a weird situation. IRCC never issued me visa counterfoil on my passport. They directly issue the letter of travel authorization to me with the statement in it "bring this letter with your COPR and PR visa" which is confusing I was never issued a PR visa. Now, I am confused if I should attempt to travel with COPR and letter of travel authorization. It seems that IRCC does not have a clue what they are doing, it's a total mess.

I am an inland applicant and came to India for vacation but stuck here because of the pandemic. I was given PR status directly in June as I was inland applicant and they instructed to apply for PRTD if I am outside of Canada. I applied for PRTD and got approved. I was asked to book a flight to get the travel authorization letter as VACs were closed in India and it is not possible to get the passport stamped. I book the flight and got the travel auth letter with statement in it "bring this letter with your COPR and PR visa" which does not make any sense as I was never issued a PR visa.
I am sorry. I am not aware of how inland case works. In my case, my CoPR was approved on March 5, 2020, and I sent my passport on March 10, 2020. On March 15, 2020 visa was stamped by NDVO and they sent it back to me. But due to Covid, there were travel restrictions, and I had to wait for my AL. First, my GCkey account was updated with new counterfoil details. Later after a few days, I received AL. Then I planned my travel.

At immigration, the immigration officer actually took all my documents to the senior and came back within a few minutes. I am not sure if they took a photo of my documents.

With regard to PR what I understand is, there are some countries that actually need a PR visa along CoPR. In that case, IRCC would have given both CoPR and PR visa to those candidates. However, for Indians, they just issue CoPR and not a PR visa. The AL has mentioned this.