+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
You will be issued a new CoPR and PRV which requires stamping on your passport. Whereas applicants who have expired CoPRs and are ready to travel in next 60 days are getting Electronic Authorization letters which allow them to travel with their expired CoPRs.

Your CoPR is still valid and you are not willing to travel within your CoPR validity, therefore, your case is different.
Thank you so much.

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
You will be issued a new CoPR and PRV which requires stamping on your passport. Whereas applicants who have expired CoPRs and are ready to travel in next 60 days are getting Electronic Authorization letters which allow them to travel with their expired CoPRs.

Your CoPR is still valid and you are not willing to travel within your CoPR validity, therefore, your case is different.
I seriously suggest travelling if possible , I wish I had travelled when COPR was valid . The extension process is quite a nightmare

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020

Hi,
Can you please confirm how you have requested this extension, through web form or did you send them an e-mail?
Thanks

Reactions: Nimz10

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello!
We received our CoPR before March 18th and replied to the 4 pointer email. We got the generic medicals expiry email and went ahead to do our medicals without any letter from IRCC. We wrote a webform with our new medicals on Sunday.

On Nov 11th we got an email saying our account has been updated. However, all our existing data including biometric information, previous counter-foil details etc disappeared and the status is similar to what it was before PPR.

The update has reset our background check and final decision too.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

The update also has a statement which says if I can't see updates, inform IRCC through a link and the link is not visible. Its been 2 days
since this update but no movement.
Has anyone else saw this situation? This is scary.
I hope they are working on new counterfoil.

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I seriously suggest travelling if possible , I wish I had travelled when COPR was valid . The extension process is quite a nightmare
I know. Even if my COPR is valid according to IRCC rules and regulations I can’t travel to Canada ( my visa is not issued before 18th March)

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
To whom should I email? To the embassy who stamped the VISA?
If you are expired CoPR holder then please raise webform with some proofs(employment plans, solid quarantine plan, POF, travel plans etc.) that you are ready to travel and travelling to settle in Canada. After raising webform you might need to wait to hear back from IRCC.

You do not need to book flights (just give the proposed flight plan) until you do not receive the Authorization letter from IRCC.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi did they extended your visa counterfoil? When was your first expiry? Did you send your passports again to the embassy? Because I received a letter saying they will issue me with a new visa and send my passports back. Did you receive the same email? Because my agent said they ask for passports back just to cancel my current visa ( which is expiring in Feb 2021) and when I’m ready I must let them know so then only they will issue me a new visa. Pls advice me, how it worked for you! Do they ask passports only to cancel the current visa or do they issue new visa at the same time too!
have you resubmitted your passports? Since you are in UAE, the process should be a bit faster since the visa office is in Abudhabi.

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
If you are expired CoPR holder then please raise webform with some proofs(employment plans, solid quarantine plan, POF, travel plans etc.) that you are ready to travel and travelling to settle in Canada. After raising webform you might need to wait to hear back from IRCC.

You do not need to book flights (just give the proposed flight plan) until you do not receive the Authorization letter from IRCC.
Hi,

My COPR is yet to expire, that’s why I was thinking of sending them a request to extend it prior to the expiry. If I want to send them an email, to whom should I send?

thanks

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi,

My COPR is also about to expire on January 2021, would it be possible to send them a request now, NOV 2020, to extend the validity of PRV and COPR? and not wait for the lifting of travel restriction which is uncertain.

@legalfalcon and @whyCorona any comments? THank you for the reply.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

My COPR is also about to expire on January 2021, would it be possible to send them a request now, NOV 2020, to extend the validity of PRV and COPR? and not wait for the lifting of travel restriction which is uncertain.

@legalfalcon and @whyCorona any comments? THank you for the reply.
These are few things that I would suggest for you to do:

1) If applicable to you, do not resign from your current job until you are sure that you are travelling to Canada.

2) Be ready to travel! Do some planning in case you need to travel within a short notice. For example, in your case if Canada lifts or eases out the travel restrictions for you during December end or early January 2021 then you should be able to travel within the validity of your CoPR.

3) Raise webform for extension once you are sure that you will not be able to travel within your CoPR expiry. e.g 15 days before your CoPR expiry. Your extension process will be applicable after the expiry of your current CoPR.