+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I finished my landing yesterday. Pretty much same experience. The difference I will describe as below.

Flight was Air Canada: Hyderabad-Delhi-Toronto.

They stamped my checked baggage to final destination instead of Delhi but mentioned that immigration check will be done in Delhi so was a bit confused by that. I had some last minute worry regarding my immigration process because I had renewed my passport recently and both my expired counterfoil and new updated counterfoil were marked against my old passport number and I did not mention my new passport details to IRCC so was worried whether this would create an issue as I only had the expired visa stamp and AL with me. When I arrived at Delhi, my face fell when the Air Canada attendant said that they were getting an error when trying to enter my details. A minute earlier another agent had taken pictures of all my documents. So they finally contacted IRCC and asked me to wait for half an hour. I had predicted that the first time immigration would always be tricky especially with the AL situation and constant updates so I had ensured my layover was 5 hours. Thankfully everything got cleared and the rest of the process went smoothly. The immigration process at Canada was pretty smooth, I was not asked for proof of funds and only verbally had to confirm my quarantine plans. I had two excel printouts each for my goods accompanying and goods to follow items. This is to be presented after the immigration check at the goods to declare section.

Finally just want to thank everyone in this group for supporting each other and not losing hope with your applications. The wait is long but it's worth it.
Did you have to take a COVID test to board the flight ? Hyd to Delhi and Delhi to Canada ?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Are there people still waiting for the 4 pointer email?

My visa expired in June and have raised numerous RTT forms with tickets and confirmed AirBnB bookings. thank fully my tickets are changeable but unfortunately the AirBnB host took the money and ran away, selling her listing. so that money gone as well.

Whilst all this happens, I have no update on from IRCC whatsoever. Is there a way to get a reply? Ive been ready to travel since August and I really have no clue whats happening on my application. No apparent change in the file status so far.

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
@13nitinsharma I need your help. On 2nd October I got 4 pointer mail and responded on 3rd. On 23rd October got Remedical mail and done on 28th and hospital has uploaded my reports on 3rd November still I am waiting for update in GC Key. people who got medical request in account with IMM Form are getting updated in 5 days. what do you recommend me to do.

kiraucassis

Apr 12, 2019
I don't get it. My family's COPR expired on 8th May, was approved before 18th March. No 4 Pointer mail, no remedical request. What the hell is happening? We have been separated from the last 8 months. :(

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
I don't get it. My family's COPR expired on 8th May, was approved before 18th March. No 4 Pointer mail, no remedical request. What the hell is happening? We have been separated from the last 8 months. :(
i am also in the same boat. but i also dint land yet and also separated from family.

Reactions: letsflynow

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Dear,

to whom you sent this request? Did you raise a web form? Can you please confirm coz I’m also in the same situation.
Thanks
Hi it was a webform but mostly like a request letter pointing out one by one with your concerns. Hope this will help you.. all the best

arfin07

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Dalbir,

My counterfoil updated this morning with Nov 30 expiry. Did you receive your AL after counterfoil update on Oct 27? If yes, how did you receive AL? Via RROC email or as an attachment in your GC key login?
Hi,
They have only extended the visa till 30th Nov? That too close! Are you planning to settle in Canada or doing a soft-landing? Any idea why they gave you so less time? Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Go for medicals and upload the Medical Info sheet given by hospital using webform. There is no if and but here. I think NDVO is not issuing any IMME letter and just sending the email notifications for remeds (This needs to be confirmed tho!). Your new meds will have 1 year of validity, therefore, it will not go wasted.
Hi. My copr expired in May 2020 as well. I raised ready to travel webform twice but no reply from them.
1.Can you tell me how did you get a re-medical request from IRCC?
2.Did you contact NDVO?
3.Where are you from? I'm from Mumbai and I am also a solo applicant
Hi, I am from delhi. I did not contact NDVO. Last webform that I had raised was in Aug. After that i received a response that my request has been transferred to the concerned office. Then i received the 4 pointer email to be replied within 10 days, which i am sure was not from NDVO because i received it on oct 2nd which was a national holiday and around 2 a.m. I responded to it on oct 3 with every possible proof and detailed plan that i could share, got nothing until Nov 5th, and in this email from IRCC they mentioned that they cant proceed with my extension request as my medicals have expired and i need to either wait for the travel restrictions to be lifted or get the medicals done again to be exempted from the restriction. Now i am planning to book an appointment for next week for re-medical. Hope this helps.