+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Hi All,
Thank you all for your assistance. This forum is amazing by helping each other. I am sharing my landing experience here.

My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020
Letter of Authorization: October 28, 2020
Travel date: November 6, 2020
Landing in Canada: November 7, 2020

I had booked the air ticket from Bengaluru to Toronto via Air India. So, the flight was from Bengaluru to Delhi to Toronto. The flight was almost on schedule, and Air India offered a mask, sanitizer, and a face shield at the Bengaluru airport. They said that we could wear our mask, however, face shield was mandatory. They had advised wearing the mask and face shield throughout the journey, even though nobody were strict about that. Travel was hectic from Delhi to Toronto as it was for 15 hours and had to wear the mask and face shield.

Coming to the documents, I had taken two sets of print out/photocopy of all my documents. At the Air India counter, they took one copy of my air ticket, photocopy my CoPR, email authorization letter. They said that the immigration will be done in Bengaluru and asked me to go at the immigration desk. I handed over the passport to the immigration officer, and the officer asked for the PR card. I said that I am travelling for the first time and handed over the email AL to the officer. He went to talk to his senior officer and came back after 3 or 4 minutes and completed the formalities. When I asked if he checked with the IRCC, he said he just checked with his senior officials (Not sure if they verified with IRCC).

I Landed in Toronto at around 7:30 AM EST. We were given custom form and another form to fill the details related to our quarantine plan. The quarantine plan form was specifically related to the quarantine details (like our name, address where we are undergoing isolation, etc). We were routed to the first immigration desk, where the lady asked me about my quarantine plan. She just asked where I would be leaving and confirmed if it is at the same address mentioned in the quarantine plan form. Then I was routed to the document verification desk. Before going to the document verification desk, we were asked to drop the quarantine plan form and asked us to go to the document verification desk. Only 3 officers were verifying the documents and the queue was very long. As far as I know, they were checking in detail. I noticed that for few people they were checking with some senior officials and they were taking a lot of time to scrutinise all the documents.

When my turn came, the officer checked my CoPR form and asked if I had a pen and asked me to sign the CoPR with the date and mentioning few details (No to any criminal history and No to any other dependents). He was typing and checking for a few minutes and asked me where I want to receive my PR card. I told him the address where I wanted it. He also asked me to contact service Canada for my SIN as they were closed at the Airport due to the Covid. It was smooth at the immigration, and they were helpful.

All in all, it was a smooth immigration process without any hassle. I would wish and pray everyone who is waiting will get their AL asap.

Good luck :)
I finished my landing yesterday. Pretty much same experience. The difference I will describe as below.

Flight was Air Canada: Hyderabad-Delhi-Toronto.

They stamped my checked baggage to final destination instead of Delhi but mentioned that immigration check will be done in Delhi so was a bit confused by that. I had some last minute worry regarding my immigration process because I had renewed my passport recently and both my expired counterfoil and new updated counterfoil were marked against my old passport number and I did not mention my new passport details to IRCC so was worried whether this would create an issue as I only had the expired visa stamp and AL with me. When I arrived at Delhi, my face fell when the Air Canada attendant said that they were getting an error when trying to enter my details. A minute earlier another agent had taken pictures of all my documents. So they finally contacted IRCC and asked me to wait for half an hour. I had predicted that the first time immigration would always be tricky especially with the AL situation and constant updates so I had ensured my layover was 5 hours. Thankfully everything got cleared and the rest of the process went smoothly. The immigration process at Canada was pretty smooth, I was not asked for proof of funds and only verbally had to confirm my quarantine plans. I had two excel printouts each for my goods accompanying and goods to follow items. This is to be presented after the immigration check at the goods to declare section.

Finally just want to thank everyone in this group for supporting each other and not losing hope with your applications. The wait is long but it's worth it.

liabb

Aug 20, 2020
anyone got an authorization letter? how did you get it ? and how much did you pay.
I am a copr holder (issued after 18th march ) but I need to land as soon as possible

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Where can this information be verified? I have verified with Turkish airline and they said it's not possible.
Well I learnt that from friends on an online forum for landed COPRs, I believe it's true tho maybe few. Their has also been a case on this forum I think. Calling CBSA might be a good idea

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Thank you. Looks encouraging but what is the point of doing medical if you are only extending for 1 month. New med should make AL valid for another 1 year.
I believe re-medicals are requested if your medicals are expired (usually 1 year + 6 months after you take your medicals). As per the 4 pointer email, we should be ready to travel within 60 days.

Reactions: crackMBA

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I have done my medical without form and with notification letter email printout only.
thank you for your reply , they didnt ask for the forms ?
but for my family there are not accepting the letter they asking the forms,
even i raise the web form still no reply.
i call the ircc they told me my file is located in new Delhi office , i need to contact them directly .
i dont know what to do .

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I believe re-medicals are requested if your medicals are expired (usually 1 year + 6 months after you take your medicals). As per the 4 pointer email, we should be ready to travel within 60 days.
Yes. I do understand. I am just saying as medical is valid for 1 year when we apply for PR. Same way if you are doing re-med. New AL should be valid for 1 year or at least 6 months (in this corona times). IRCC is just downgrading it self. Never expected this from citizen oriented country like Canada

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
thank you for your reply , they didnt ask for the forms ?
but for my family there are not accepting the letter they asking the forms,
even i raise the web form still no reply.
i call the ircc they told me my file is located in new Delhi office , i need to contact them directly .
i dont know what to do .
First please confirm if NDVO is issuing the medical form for any of its applicants. It seems that they are only sending out the emails. Is waiting for medical form worth? I would suggest to contact your clinic and justify your situation. Your clinic should come up with something.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Yes. I do understand. I am just saying as medical is valid for 1 year when we apply for PR. Same way if you are doing re-med. New AL should be valid for 1 year or at least 6 months (in this corona times). IRCC is just downgrading it self. Never expected this from citizen oriented country like Canada
They are providing AL only if you are willing to travel in 60days, else wait for PPR request, I'm sure validity of new COPR will be till the expiry of re-medicals.

Reactions: Mahi_PR

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
First please confirm if NDVO is issuing the medical form for any of its applicants. It seems that they are only sending out the emails. Is waiting for medical form worth? I would suggest to contact your clinic and justify your situation. Your clinic should come up with something.
i request them but they said o me with out the forms they are not able to the medicals, even i told i will give the old medical forms along with the letter but there not accepting

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
i request them but they said o me with out the forms they are not able to the medicals, even i told i will give the old medical forms along with the letter but there not accepting
Can you share your city if you dont mind? I guess every part of the country is giving different responses which is strange!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thats fine. If you read the email notification then it suggests to get the medicals done and upload them using webform. Its just a new medical similar to the one which is done at the time of applying PR application.

Either your clinic is avoiding people without proper documents in this corona time or NDVO way of working is like this for issuing the AL. When one clinic is doing the meds without medical letter and other is not, this does not make sense.