+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi guys,

MY COPR expires on December 4th - Most of you the latest treads I've read are from people in a 'ready to travel' phase after your COPR expiry -

Do we need a to submit letter from employer and a house lease along with the ready to travel web-form as mentioned on their website?
What if I want to travel before looking for a job over there, and also how can you have a house lease before actually moving.

Can someone please share what the process is from the date you submit the ready to travel webform?

My actual plan is to move by end of next summer so not anytime soon - hopefully their list of requirements gets reduced by then.

good luck to all!

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi guys,

MY COPR expires on December 4th - Most of you the latest treads I've read are from people in a 'ready to travel' phase after your COPR expiry -

Do we need a to submit letter from employer and a house lease along with the ready to travel web-form as mentioned on their website?
What if I want to travel before looking for a job over there, and also how can you have a house lease before actually moving.

Can someone please share what the process is from the date you submit the ready to travel webform?

My actual plan is to move by end of next summer so not anytime soon - hopefully their list of requirements gets reduced by then.

good luck to all!
Job offer and lease ag not required.Pof and other docs to prove ur intent to permanently settle.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Job offer and lease ag not required.Pof and other docs to prove ur intent to permanently settle.
Yes i am trying to think what these could be, it also wouldn’t make sense to resign from my current job and send them the letter of resignation without knowing how much time the travel approval would take - it is a big risk staying without a job and income in Dubai. Maybe proof of an international/canada bank account?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
They had asked in 4 pointer email readiness to travel in 60 days and it’s been more than 2 months and no response my husbands already extended medicals will re expire in January and I have a hunch these people are waiting to send remeds what a shame that they are not clearing the backlog.. I don’t understand what they are doing with all our applications as they don’t have to review anything for gods sake we are all in the category of approved coprs and they just need to update the dates of counterfoils on their computers. What is their logic of working with 10 percent of employees and no timelines for processing coprs only god knows but they truly made family reunification a joke
It is truly a joke and they say they want 1.2 million immigrants in 3 years. More than ever they have asked. I do not understand the point of this statement if you are not clearing backlogs? what is the point of issuing new ITAs? All rubbish

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi All,
Thank you all for your assistance. This forum is amazing by helping each other. I am sharing my landing experience here.

My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020
Letter of Authorization: October 28, 2020
Travel date: November 6, 2020
Landing in Canada: November 7, 2020

I had booked the air ticket from Bengaluru to Toronto via Air India. So, the flight was from Bengaluru to Delhi to Toronto. The flight was almost on schedule, and Air India offered a mask, sanitizer, and a face shield at the Bengaluru airport. They said that we could wear our mask, however, face shield was mandatory. They had advised wearing the mask and face shield throughout the journey, even though nobody were strict about that. Travel was hectic from Delhi to Toronto as it was for 15 hours and had to wear the mask and face shield.

Coming to the documents, I had taken two sets of print out/photocopy of all my documents. At the Air India counter, they took one copy of my air ticket, photocopy my CoPR, email authorization letter. They said that the immigration will be done in Bengaluru and asked me to go at the immigration desk. I handed over the passport to the immigration officer, and the officer asked for the PR card. I said that I am travelling for the first time and handed over the email AL to the officer. He went to talk to his senior officer and came back after 3 or 4 minutes and completed the formalities. When I asked if he checked with the IRCC, he said he just checked with his senior officials (Not sure if they verified with IRCC).

I Landed in Toronto at around 7:30 AM EST. We were given custom form and another form to fill the details related to our quarantine plan. The quarantine plan form was specifically related to the quarantine details (like our name, address where we are undergoing isolation, etc). We were routed to the first immigration desk, where the lady asked me about my quarantine plan. She just asked where I would be leaving and confirmed if it is at the same address mentioned in the quarantine plan form. Then I was routed to the document verification desk. Before going to the document verification desk, we were asked to drop the quarantine plan form and asked us to go to the document verification desk. Only 3 officers were verifying the documents and the queue was very long. As far as I know, they were checking in detail. I noticed that for few people they were checking with some senior officials and they were taking a lot of time to scrutinise all the documents.

When my turn came, the officer checked my CoPR form and asked if I had a pen and asked me to sign the CoPR with the date and mentioning few details (No to any criminal history and No to any other dependents). He was typing and checking for a few minutes and asked me where I want to receive my PR card. I told him the address where I wanted it. He also asked me to contact service Canada for my SIN as they were closed at the Airport due to the Covid. It was smooth at the immigration, and they were helpful.

All in all, it was a smooth immigration process without any hassle. I would wish and pray everyone who is waiting will get their AL asap.

Good luck :)
Congratulations!!
Just 1 question, what was the validity of your AL?

Reactions: iamr12

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
If a new PPR is issued, are people still be exempt from travel restriction as their original PPR was issued before 18th March? How does one prove this at departure airport? Heard some cases couple of months back that their new COPR has a remark that original application date is before 18th march and hence exempt from travel restrictions. If no such note is present what needs to be done?

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Canadian Govt/IRCC are running an Official scam here , asking people to continue submitting new PR application and at the same time not giving any visas to expired COPR, demanding re meds and what not !!

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Guess the border agents don't know or not bothered about some of these rules. Some people have tried their luck and they landed successfully without being asked about March 18 approval. It's a risk worth taking considering the way they treating expired COPR.
Where can this information be verified? I have verified with Turkish airline and they said it's not possible.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
So we checked the cic account with lots of hope that might be after a day of under maintenance we might see a magic but nothing it only showed medicals updated and then final decision as same... so these people are just sick ... anyways today I don’t expect anything coming in today as it’s remembrance holiday in Canada ... so they might be taking rest after so much of work ... I think it’s better to not to think and wait and just move on with usual life until they wake up and send something ...

Reactions: FrancineB

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
So we checked the cic account with lots of hope that might be after a day of under maintenance we might see a magic but nothing it only showed medicals updated and then final decision as same... so these people are just sick ... anyways today I don’t expect anything coming in today as it’s remembrance holiday in Canada ... so they might be taking rest after so much of work ... I think it’s better to not to think and wait and just move on with usual life until they wake up and send something ...
Raise the bar for expectations to 2021.

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
after receiving notification letter any one received form medical forms, with out medical forms they are not giving a appointments
Same here. Even I called the same clinic from where I got my medical done last time and they said I should wait for the IME form to come. What do you suggest we should be doing ?