+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello guys

COPR expired in April , now I am sending my first RTT webform ,I know it sounds late , but now I am only ready to travel.

Question
it might be a naive one , pardon me

when raising the ready to travel webform , which cateogry we choose at the beginning ( Type of application/enquiry (required) ??
is it ETA or Permanent residency.

Please advice , thank you

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
Hello guys

COPR expired in April , now I am sending my first RTT webform ,I know it sounds late , but now I am only ready to travel.

Question
it might be a naive one , pardon me

when raising the ready to travel webform , which cateogry we choose at the beginning ( Type of application/enquiry (required) ??
is it ETA or Permanent residency.

Please advice , thank you

Permanent resident online

Reactions: Adam261

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hello!

I am a Pakistani national and SINP outland applicant. I have received my passprts back with visa stamped (visa issue date is October 2020) and CoPR. My CoPR is expiring in March 2021. It appears I am not exempt from entry restrictions. I need your advice on the current situation. What options I have or what actions can I take considering I would like to travel in end of January 2021.

Thanks in advance for sharing your valuable suggestions.

Best regards
You cannot travel to Canada until travel restrictions are lifted for approved applications post 18th March, 2019. Just hope and wait that the travel restrictions are eased by January so you can travel. Good luck.

Reactions: Dell2018

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Also from other group..PA in Canada and already landed, dependents outside canada..

Manila vo requested for remedicals for dependents since the PA has already landed and the application is now closed, they will be assigned a new application number, and will be ask to send passport once they pass medicals..
Hi,
Thanks for this information. I think I have the same situation. I am an inland PA and my spouse is a overseas dependent.
I got my PR approved in January with expiration date as June 7. I did my landing in Canada as I was already there and my Spouse got the COPR on my signed COPR.
She was supposed fly in May but could not because of the travel ban.

So after this long post, my question is.
Is she going to get the call for re-medicals and a new application no will be provided?

sricanada2231

Oct 15, 2020
Need opinion on my situation....
When I called IRCC on Monday, they told my application got approved but it didn't updated yet in my login.
I am on a work permit and as my project is getting over, I am going back to India on Nov 14th.
Should I call IRCC to update my address to Indian address to receive the COPR or some one here can courier those COPR's to India and can I travel with those documents to Canada later?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I received notification letter from IRCC demanding new medicals in order to extend the validity of CoPR and PR visa. Did anyone else receive it?
CoPR Expired: May 15
Visa Office: New Delhi

Last edited:

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi,
Thanks for this information. I think I have the same situation. I am an inland PA and my spouse is a overseas dependent.
I got my PR approved in January with expiration date as June 7. I did my landing in Canada as I was already there and my Spouse got the COPR on my signed COPR.
She was supposed fly in May but could not because of the travel ban.

So after this long post, my question is.
Is she going to get the call for re-medicals and a new application no will be provided?
Based on their email to that person yes. I am not sure if this applies to everyone..its still case to case basis or it depends on the officer.

" once their new medical results are confirmed to be passed, we will be able ti finalize their applications and request for their passport for issuance of updated visa and copr documents."---ircc

Reactions: crackMBA

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
IMPORTANT UPDATE: VO NDVO: MASS REMEDICALS REQUEST

Hi Everyone,

April and May COPR expired holders (more than 20 confirmed applicants) have received remedical requests just now.

Please check your inbox and see if you have also received it. Good luck everyone!

VO: NDVO

Last edited:

VPar

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,

I have received the following mail:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

Is this remedical request?
VO-NDVO