+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Received this email today. Can we just do our medicals without direct instructions from my Visa office? I received an email from my visa office the other day saying that they are assessing all applications and they could not give me a timeframe.

Is this considered as remedical request?

Please help.
thanks

From:"IN-RROC / CORR-RI (IRCC)" <IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.
Yes you can. Just take the printout of this email. However, while doing medicals for PR application I was not asked for any letter/instructions from IRCC by the hospital staff.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I was told last time that my file is in Sydney vo.ns.Today the agent told it might be in ndvo as last activity was seen in new delhi in January.It was when copr was issued.I told him that I was told that its in sydney...he said primary office was sydney then it was moved to Ndvo so it should be there only.
Those ppl who have vo in ottawa how do you come to know that ur vo is ottawa?In my copr its written ottawa.But my profile doesn't show that name Its sooo confusing.
@legalfalcon any idea abt this system?Thanks.I am worried as since march they havent given any update.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Received this email today. Can we just do our medicals without direct instructions from my Visa office? I received an email from my visa office the other day saying that they are assessing all applications and they could not give me a timeframe.

Is this considered as remedical request?

Please help.
thanks

From:"IN-RROC / CORR-RI (IRCC)" <IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.
Hey did it mention your uci, name or application number?

My representative might receive this email, just want to know if he'll know who this message is for as he may mistake this email for another client...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I was told last time that my file is in Sydney vo.ns.Today the agent told it might be in ndvo as last activity was seen in new delhi in January.It was when copr was issued.I told him that I was told that its in sydney...he said primary office was sydney then it was moved to Ndvo so it should be there only.
Those ppl who have vo in ottawa how do you come to know that ur vo is ottawa?In my copr its written ottawa.But my profile doesn't show that name Its sooo confusing.
@legalfalcon any idea abt this system?Thanks.I am worried as since march they havent given any update.
See your GCMS notes for the primary and secondary office.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE: VO NDVO: MASS REMEDICALS REQUEST

Hi Everyone,

April and May COPR expired holders (more than 20 confirmed applicants) have received remedical requests just now.

Please check your inbox and see if you have also received it. Good luck everyone!

VO: NDVO
Hi
Did all of these people get the 4 pointer emails, or were there any who didn't, and get requested for remedical?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020

My representative might receive this email, just want to know if he'll know who this message is for as he may mistake this email for another client...
Yeah it includes the name of the dependents and their uci#

Reactions: letsflynow

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Yes you can. Just take the printout of this email. However, while doing medicals for PR application I was not asked for any letter/instructions from IRCC by the hospital staff.
One more thing @whyCorona, i am not a recepient of these emails, am i also required to redo medicals? Each of my dependents received a separate LETTER and none for me. Is that mean i dont need a medical? I am currently in canada

Last edited:

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Just now received re-med request in my EE profile.
Received 3 separate IMM1017E letter, one each for me and my family. Have 90 days time period to do the medical from the day the letter is received.
My application status has changed to 'Your Action is required'.
All COPR details are not present and the application is in progress.

Reactions: smithplato

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Just now received re-med request in my EE profile.
Received 3 separate IMM1017E letter, one each for me and my family. Have 90 days time period to do the medical from the day the letter is received.
My application status has changed to 'Your Action is required'.
All COPR details are not present and the application is in progress.
Did they state in your letter that you only have 90 days to complete this?

abhis86

Jul 26, 2020
Guys need a little guidance, I am in Canada as PR waiting for my wife's copr renewal. She is in USA. Can she come to Canada with expired COPR? Or she has to wait for extension? Thanks in advance.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020

It shows like this

Date: 2020-11-05

UC/IUC: 1234567890

Passport # / No de passeport: 1234567890
Application number / No de demande: 123456789

Juan dela cruz,

Reactions: letsflynow

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
hi today i received this email from irrc

this is medical request letter ?
plz help me

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I don't have gcms notes.I Never asked for.In my ppr at bottom ottawa is written.
Copr issued at delhi.
NDVO is your primary and CPC_Ottawa is secondary.

If you have received a COPR, then VO is irrelevant.

Not sure how that matters to you now?

Reactions: smithplato