+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi,

I have received the following mail:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

Is this remedical request?
VO-NDVO
Yes, get your medical done and submit IME results by raising the webform.

Reactions: tusa47

Lee1987

Jul 26, 2018
Received re-medical request!

COPR expired: May
VO : NDVO

Is there any predictable time line for this? I mean if I get the re-medical test done in a day or two, how soon should I expect the new COPR get issued?

Reactions: crackMBA

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
You need to upload the information sheet copy (the way you submitted during your PR application submission). This time, do it by raising a webform.

Health reports are sent by medical centre directly to CIC, and the special unit of CIC pass your medicals.
Thanks!My file in Sydney vo which seems to be under lockdown ...lol..no update heard:(

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Received re-medical request!

COPR expired: May
VO : NDVO

Is there any predictable time line for this? I mean if I get the re-medical test done in a day or two, how soon should I expect the new COPR get issued?
Could you please paste the email wordings you received for re-medical? People usually get the CoPR details updated in 4 to 10 days in their CIC account after remeds.

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Yes, get your medical done and submit IME results by raising the webform.
Hi everyone. I also got the same mail half an hour ago. Got little worried after reading it as I thought my request got rejected but thankfully after going through the forum I understood it's s remed request.
VO - NDVO
Copr expiry - May
Four pointer mail - 2nd Oct.

Had just one question like last time the results were directly sent to IRCC and as the mail says we need to upload IME results what does that mean?

Reactions: crackMBA

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Can someone share what number and platform I can use to call (free) IRCC from India? I have google hangouts downloaded, has anyone tried that?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone. I also got the same mail half an hour ago. Got little worried after reading it as I thought my request got rejected but thankfully after going through the forum I understood it's s remed request.
VO - NDVO
Copr expiry - May

Had just one question like last time the results were directly sent to IRCC and as the mail says we need to upload IME results what does that mean?
Use webform to upload the Medical Information sheet which you will get from hospital once you complete the medicals.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Based on their email to that person yes. I am not sure if this applies to everyone..its still case to case basis or it depends on the officer.

" once their new medical results are confirmed to be passed, we will be able ti finalize their applications and request for their passport for issuance of updated visa and copr documents."---ircc
Thanks

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
VO - NDVO
Copr expiry - May

You are on the right path.

Reactions: Aatika_m

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
I just received an email stating my medicals have expired and its not possible to extend the validity of my COPR. So please help me understand..

1) is this email proof enough to book an appointment for re-meds
2) I have to submit the record receipt via a webform and my results will be directly sent to them by my testing centre

Thank you

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Received this email today. Can we just do our medicals without direct instructions from my Visa office? I received an email from my visa office the other day saying that they are assessing all applications and they could not give me a timeframe.

Is this considered as remedical request?

Please help.
thanks

From:"IN-RROC / CORR-RI (IRCC)" <IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.