+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Taqi123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Talking of blue collar jobs trucking, delivery executive, store workers, farm workers, construction are in huge demand. Among white collar jobs healthcare professionals, researchers, IT are hunting for workers too.
I,m in category of store worker/ Auto parts/ Supply chain

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
As per my observation, July and August expired COPR holders have not received any re-medicals request so far. Re-medicals request has been triggered to the April/May cases.

IRCC (be it NDVO or Ottawa or any other VO), they're working as per batches. For example, people who received 4 pointers email on Sept 29 are getting processed first. Oct 2 batch has been started also, but will a slow pace.

July and August cases, most likely will receive ALs as their medicals remain valid after adding additional 6 months.
Thanks for responding and letting us know about your observation. I hope everyone gets AL pretty soon. ✌

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
As per my observation, July and August expired COPR holders have not received any re-medicals request so far. Re-medicals request has been triggered to the April/May cases.

IRCC (be it NDVO or Ottawa or any other VO), they're working as per batches. For example, people who received 4 pointers email on Sept 29 are getting processed first. Oct 2 batch has been started also, but will a slow pace.

July and August cases, most likely will receive ALs as their medicals remain valid after adding additional 6 months.
Do you see any trends in issuing the ALs? Like applicants travelling with families are given priority over individuals.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Do you see any trends in issuing the ALs? Like applicants travelling with families are given priority over individuals.
For ALs, there are no trends.

TODAY'S UPDATE: GHOST UPDATES

Applicants who received 4 pointers email on October 2 and September 29, have confirmed ghost updates today.

VOs: NDVO and Ottawa.

Reactions: PavD

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017

Well we received 4 pointer on 18 sep and replied on 19 sep but still not received any al ? Copr expired 5 July 2020

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
@13nitinsharma

What is the process in general? Does COPR get extended in the EE profile first and then the applicants receive the email with AL? How does one get notified of the COPR extension?

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
I am in the same situation. I got my PR card because I was able to travel before my copr expired. However, my wife could not because of pregnancy and covid. I have raised 2-3 web forms (the first one was raised in september). Still no response. Did you get yours
No response yet except the generic reply from IRCC. Looks like there is no movement at all for US applicants for now.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma

What is the process in general? Does COPR get extended in the EE profile first and then the applicants receive the email with AL? How does one get notified of the COPR extension?
Your Counterfoil details get updated first and then you receive an email as an Authorization Letter.

You need to check counterfoil details to check the extension date.

LetsReachCanada

Apr 4, 2019
JUST IN: RE-MEDICALS REQUESTS

Applicants have now reported re-medical requests from Ottawa. COPR Expiry - April, 2020.
Thanks for all the trends you're posting. How many applicants are we talking about here? Do you think they're currently working on April expired visas?
Also, my visa expired in the first week of May. VO Ottawa. Have you seen/heard of any cases like mine getting 4 pointer emails or their counterfoil extended, or AL directly?