+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Please help!
After I received my COPR in December 2019 my consultant handed over me the password of gckey login. Due to coronavirus i wasn't able to travel. I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling, meanwhile I also changed the email address on GCKEY account to my personal one.
When I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling I got an email from them on my personal account assuring me that my visa won't be cancelled.
Now after raising 3 ready to travel webforms and getting generic reply of all 3 of them on my personal email ID, I raised a 4th ready to travel webform and by chance indicated IRCC thar please contact me on this this email id don't contact me on my consultant's id.
Today I got a reply for my 4th ready to travel webform that the id I'm providing is not registered with my account.
Now I'm afraid that they had provided the extension letter or anything to my consultant's id.
Is this possible folks?
Isn't there any intimation or any letter on GCkey account about extension?
Hi,
I'm in the same boat as you. Where did you change your email? In the account profile.

If you're in UAE, do you mind if I call you as I have done the same and worries on the same thing as my agent has been laid off after the COVID situation and the new one assigned to me is very unresponsive.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
AL question: the government site says:
Immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents do not require any written authorization from IRCC.
Does it mean that if I, as an inland principal applicant, received a CoPR that says "congratulations you are a PR now.." - my dependent wife, who is outside Canada does not need an Authorization Letter in order to board and travel?
Immediate family members of PR are exempted from travel restrictions. The rule of on or before 18th March 2020 does not apply to them, therefore, they dont need any written authorization to travel while boarding the flights. Yes, they can travel if their CoPRs/PRVs are not expired yet. Just double confirm to be sure about it.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

Can anybody reading this right now please check and confirm whether the GC key login is down? Been trying for the last 2 hours and couldn't get logged in.

Sorry . This extension drama has really made me paranoid, losing my mental peace

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Yes, it is highly possible.

Would suggest connecting with your consultant and pressing him/her for carefully looking through their emails, letters etc.

Secondly, you mentioned you have corrected the email and contact details on GC key account. Hope that includes getting into the specific application and changing it there just to make sure. Would suggest calling IRCC contact centre and checking it with the agent on phone.

With the increased delays overall, lack of any visible prioritisation logic or any announced amendments on processing of expired CoPRs - I wont be surprised if somewhere something has been missed.

Best wishes!
Yes I got into my account and changed it there. Even now my GCkey account shows the changed ID. The consultant is quite rude now and doesn't response to any of my query as he has already given me my id password. I have emailed IRCC for the change of ID.

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Hi,
I'm in the same boat as you. Where did you change your email? In the account profile.

If you're in UAE, do you mind if I call you as I have done the same and worries on the same thing as my agent has been laid off after the COVID situation and the new one assigned to me is very unresponsive.
Yes i changed my id in the account profile. Received generic replies as well on my personal id.
Did you receive any replies on your perosnal id?
No bro I'm in Pakistan not in UAE.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes I got into my account and changed it there. Even now my GCkey account shows the changed ID. The consultant is quite rude now and doesn't response to any of my query as he has already given me my id password. I have emailed IRCC for the change of ID.
You need to raise webform to change your contact information. Your consultant is probably looking for some service fees :)

Reactions: hinavin

megh2122

Nov 29, 2018
Not able to login......any guesses for what the ghost update might be??

Just posting this update from Canadian High Commission

#CanadainIndia is now sending courier instructions to clients who previously received a passport request letter. If you receive this letter via email, follow the instructions to submit the letter with your valid passport.
Do not submit your passport without this letter. If you submit your passport without a genuine courier instruction letter, which has a unique client code, your passport will not be processed and will be returned to you at your own expense.
VACs remained closed for the health and safety of clients and staff. This two-way courier service is the first step towards resuming some VAC services in India. More details to come as we monitor the situation.

Canadian Immigration and Citizenship

Reactions: kaadman

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Yes i changed my id in the account profile. Received generic replies as well on my personal id.
Did you receive any replies on your perosnal id?
No bro I'm in Pakistan not in UAE.
Yes, same changed in the account profile. Although, no reply in the personal ID where i changed it to. Another stress :)

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
There is a specific option in webform for updating the contact information "Change of Contact Information". use the same to update your details.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Everyone,

Please try login to your account, people are receiving bulk ghost updates. Server is slow, so you may not be able to login easily. Keep Checking!
Same here.. my application status shows as Application/Profile Updated, but can't go beyond that. Getting that bad gateway page and then have to start over trying to login. Has anyone managed to login yet?