+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Any examples of ghost updates in the past that we've seen?
Yes Ghost updates usually come after background verification when PPR email is about to come. I got same ghost update where it mentioned Application/profile updated (without an actual update in the CIC account) a week before of getting the PPR email.

In our case (expired CoPRs) it could be some backend file update or tagging or considerations for AL. Who knows!

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Yes Ghost updates usually come after background verification when PPR email is about to come. I got same ghost update where it mentioned Application/profile updated (without an actual update in the CIC account) a week before of getting the PPR email.

In our case (expired CoPRs) it could be some backend file update or tagging or considerations for AL. Who knows!
REALLY hope so buddy, we're due for some good news for a LLLOONNNNGG time now

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Immediate family members of PR are exempted from travel restrictions. The rule of on or before 18th March 2020 does not apply to them, therefore, they dont need any written authorization to travel while boarding the flights. Yes, they can travel if their CoPRs/PRVs are not expired yet. Just double confirm to be sure about it.
but my quote is from a current web site where there are no "on or before Mar 18". I'm in possession of COPR after Mar 18 and I'm trying to verify whether this applies to my spouse as (1) this statement has no date of validity (2) I have a CoPR that says I'm a PR (3) the family reunification emphasis is also stated on the same page

kiraucassis

Apr 12, 2019
Hey guys. My family and I got our COPRs and I came in one day before the lockdown. My husband and daughter could not come and then their coprs expired. It's been 7 months that I. haven't seen them. I am losing hope and my daughter is really missing me. She's only 5.
We've tried everything. Webforms, writing to Justin Trudeau, going via high officials. Nothing has worked so far.
I am distraught. It seems like they don't give a damn. :(
Someone please give me some hope. I am falling into depression. No 4 pointer mail for me either.
Don't know what to do now.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Hi,

I am a bit bit confused. Do we get an email when there is an ghost update or its just an update in the GC account?

Thanks

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hey guys. My family and I got our COPRs and I came in one day before the lockdown. My husband and daughter could not come and then their coprs expired. It's been 7 months that I. haven't seen them. I am losing hope and my daughter is really missing me. She's only 5.
We've tried everything. Webforms, writing to Justin Trudeau, going via high officials. Nothing has worked so far.
I am distraught. It seems like they don't give a damn. :(
Someone please give me some hope. I am falling into depression. No 4 pointer mail for me either.
Don't know what to do now.
Oh...its so tough for you as a mother ans for the lil baby as a daughter to live far for such long period.Unfortunately they are not even opening the web forms it seems to see the gravity of any case.Its all luck.Hopefully they get it soon.Try calling ircc to find out and request them to mark ur file urgent.Be strong.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi,

I am a bit bit confused. Do we get an email when there is an ghost update or its just an update in the GC account?

Thanks
You'll not be notified, that's why it's called ghost update.
You happen to login then only for once you are able to see it. If you miss that day and login another day, it's gone.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi, actually I have already completed my soft landing in Feb 2020. Now I am returning to Canada as a settler and traveling with a PRTD.
Hi, how you got your passport stamped? VACs are closed in India since March. I had also applied for PRTD via email and got approved but my passport stamp is still pending as VAC were closed. Please share some information about how you managed. thanks

graja23ca

Jan 22, 2019
Hi,
Please could u let us know whether your case is FSW outland, family reunification, job offer in Canada. My VO is also Ottawa and I have raised multiple web forms but no movement at all
Yes. My case was Ottawa. No family renuion, no job offer, non essential job. Only compelling reason I had was my expiring visas in UAE & I have resigned from job already. I kept sending multiple webforms & emails with detailed settlement plan over and above the information IRCC is asking for.. after many months of anxiousness, I got AL