+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am still worried after my previous experience and have emailed to IRCC regarding this issue. As they say once bitten twice shy. Will update you further.
This is not the time to shy. Your status is updated on CIC account so now you are same as the ones who got entry in Air India flight when you were denied to board. IMO you should be fine to travel now. Keep us updated anyways.

Reactions: crackMBA

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi, how you got your passport stamped? VACs are closed in India since March. I had also applied for PRTD via email and got approved but my passport stamp is still pending as VAC were closed. Please share some information about how you managed. thanks
Hi did you sent all the documents by attachments. I heard after approval you need to travel in 30 days. Is it true.

Also want to know if you have option to wait to open VAC offices to stamp your passport.

Please share.
thanks

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I am still worried after my previous experience and have emailed to IRCC regarding this issue. As they say once bitten twice shy. Will update you further.
We understand your concern. But, as you have new COPR details updated in your EE account (which was not the case earlier), you will be allowed to travel this time. To double sure this time, it's good that you are doing your due diligence and checking with CIC already.

Good luck and I don't see any issues this time. You'll be absolutely fine :)

Reactions: Godisguru

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi Guys
My COPR was issued before 18th march 2020 and expired on mid of September 2020 and I could not travel due to lockdown, covid etc..

I had raised one webform to inform them before expiry of COPR that due to this situation I will not be traveling and got the Generic reply from them as IRCC was asking this in that situation.

But I noticed if I checked my Client Application Status (CAS) and in the bottom it is saying COMPLETE AND APPLICANT ARRIVED IN CANADA (below screen)

COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)
Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence

You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

Can someone guide why it is updated like this in CAS while I did not travel yet.
Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Fasiuddin

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Checked with Air Canada yesterday morning, they told me not to book tickets if I was denied boarding by Air India, some approving authority is same. Meanwhile, my application status has changed to approved today early morning and new COPR details are mentioned. Can I book tickets now again?
First make sure you get your full refund from Air India.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I received a GU as well yesterday, I am in Paris Visa Office, in whatsapp group I am in, at least 4 of us received GU but to be honest I don't think that Paris VO can be that effective in one day, I hope I am wrong but to me it's more a glitch in the system

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi did you sent all the documents by attachments. I heard after approval you need to travel in 30 days. Is it true.

Also want to know if you have option to wait to open VAC offices to stamp your passport.

Please share.
thanks
Hi , yes , I sent all the document as an attachment. Yes, there was two option given to me.
1. if need to travel within 30 days then book a confirmed ticket. I may be allowed to travel with ETA instead of visa counterfoil on passport
2. Wait for VAC to open, IRCC will send PPR request when VAC near me are operational.

I choose the second one and don't know when IRCC will send me PPR request.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
UPDATE:

So many people received ghost update yesterday and also received COPR details updated in their EE account. A few of them have received ALs too. So, it was not a 'technical glitch' for sure.

It was a mass update so we may expect something big soon. Be positive guys!
Being Positive and Proactive are the two things we have been since this melodrama of IRCC started to unfold post expiration of our documents. We still continue to be! Hope to see and hear good news soon!

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Immediate family members of PR are exempted from travel restrictions. The rule of on or before 18th March 2020 does not apply to them, therefore, they dont need any written authorization to travel while boarding the flights. Yes, they can travel if their CoPRs/PRVs are not expired yet. Just double confirm to be sure about it.
my COPR is approved after 18th March and COPR will expire next week.. I m sure they haven't made any provision about these sort of applications.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I received a GU as well yesterday, I am in Paris Visa Office, in whatsapp group I am in, at least 4 of us received GU but to be honest I don't think that Paris VO can be that effective in one day, I hope I am wrong but to me it's more a glitch in the system
You never know , This might be your lucky week . GU is definite sign that someone actually looked into your file. Hang in there , you'd be celebrating soon.

Reactions: Casatoor

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello,

I have been out of touch with this forum for a while. I see comments from people regarding 4 pointer email from IRCC. Can someone please tell since when did people start receiving these emails? My COPR got expired in April (issued before march 18) after which I have filled multiple webforms stating my intention to travel however I haven't received any response yet. I am currently in India.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me.
what do we need to do get the Authorization Letter. It seems to me people are sharing their experience but how to initiate the process after your COPR get expired

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
You never know , This might be your lucky week . GU is definite sign that someone actually looked into your file. Hang in there , you'd be celebrating soon.
Thank you for the positive vibes, you know how it is, sometimes you have the biggest confidence in the world that you will get the PPR and one hour later you want to cry and mourn about your situation :D

Maybe somehow I just want to lower my expectations to don't be disappointed one more time

Reactions: Hemilshah80

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Thank you for the positive vibes, you know how it is, sometimes you have the biggest confidence in the world that you will get the PPR and one hour later you want to cry and mourn about your situation :D

Maybe somehow I just want to lower my expectations to don't be disappointed one more time
:)I totally get that. All of us have been oscillating between highs and lows. But trust me, We are just at the brim of making it. all the best.

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi guys,

This might help few, just now I saw this

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family membersponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time).
Yes, that i also have noticed. however what if your COPR is expired now and what should be next step. After Raising the WebForms no reply or let me ask you what should be procedure to get the Authorization Letter.