+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi , yes , I sent all the document as an attachment. Yes, there was two option given to me.
1. if need to travel within 30 days then book a confirmed ticket. I may be allowed to travel with ETA instead of visa counterfoil on passport
2. Wait for VAC to open, IRCC will send PPR request when VAC near me are operational.

I choose the second one and don't know when IRCC will send me PPR request.
Thanks for your reply.

Is there any negative impact if we choose second option and if I wait to let the VAC office opened in lets say couple of months then again we have to go through some paper work OR straight send passport for visa stamping, please don't mind if you can share exact sentence / line in their email you received.

How approximately big / no of papers were to scan for attachments.

Please reply.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Please help!
After I received my COPR in December 2019 my consultant handed over me the password of gckey login. Due to coronavirus i wasn't able to travel. I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling, meanwhile I also changed the email address on GCKEY account to my personal one.
When I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling I got an email from them on my personal account assuring me that my visa won't be cancelled.
Now after raising 3 ready to travel webforms and getting generic reply of all 3 of them on my personal email ID, I raised a 4th ready to travel webform and by chance indicated IRCC thar please contact me on this this email id don't contact me on my consultant's id.
Today I got a reply for my 4th ready to travel webform that the id I'm providing is not registered with my account.
Now I'm afraid that they had provided the extension letter or anything to my consultant's id.
Is this possible folks?
Isn't there any intimation or any letter on GCkey account about extension?
Call ircc from time to time and ask for update..or you can contact your previous consultant to forward to you any emails from ircc

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
No update on my EE profile, still shows approved, and COPR expired. I guess I'm the unluckiest in the group, no movement whatsoever, have been sending ready to travel webforms since May. The way IRCC is working I have remembered the hindi saying ''aage daudd peeche cchaudd'. English translation 'First In Last Out'
Same here. No update

rt0308

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Yes, that i also have noticed. however what if your COPR is expired now and what should be next step. After Raising the WebForms no reply or let me ask you what should be procedure to get the Authorization Letter.
Hi,

I am also waiting for the 4 pointer email, but to initiate the process you need to raise webform, which is available on ircc site you must be aware of it I guess... Try to raise your best possible webform with all the documents and 14 days quarantine plan... With the assurance that you are immigrating permanently... Best of luck..

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Mass ghost updates were reported yesterday evening between 9 to 11 PM IST. ALs were reported afterwards (IST time). This means, these changes were not triggered by NDVO, this has been performed by visa offices in Canada.

Also, Sydney and Ottawa VO have issued bulk PPRs too yesterday. It was a good day overall.
Any news from Vancouver office that you may have heard off?

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Thanks. I logged in after reading the comments but did not see anything. Did you get any new update from IRCC?

No Updates yet, but they have extended the scheduled maintenance for their GC website. Speculating bulk uploads:confused:, Fingers crossed!

Attn Expired CoPR holders: Has anybody received AL's or Passport request via email yesterday or today?

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Until yesterday, On the GC Key, Next to Final Decision - It said "Your Application was reviewed on Feb 19 and a final decision has been made. Check your messages below"

Today after the scheduled maintenance, it says Final Decision - "March 15, your application was approved. Check your messages below for details".

@13nitinsharma do you think this is a sign of movement for AL's or PPR or are they are just pushing system updates?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hey
Please may you let me know what other airline options do we have ? Air India seemed to be like the only ones allowing us to board. Most other airlines only allow PR’s and citizens
No idea bro.. my plan is to let covid pass and then fly.. so haven't looked into my options

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
No Updates yet, but they have extended the scheduled maintenance for their GC website. Speculating bulk uploads:confused:, Fingers crossed!

Attn Expired CoPR holders: Has anybody received AL's or Passport request via email yesterday or today?
I hope this is true. I am tried of this waiting game.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Until yesterday, On the GC Key, Next to Final Decision - It said "Your Application was reviewed on Feb 19 and a final decision has been made. Check your messages below"

Today after the scheduled maintenance, it says Final Decision - "March 15, your application was approved. Check your messages below for details".

@13nitinsharma do you think this is a sign of movement for AL's or PPR or are they are just pushing system updates?
Same for me. It says a decision has been made, but below that it keeps changing the latest update. Afternoon it was biotmetrics, an hour later medical completed and now says background check completed. One part of me is worried, the next update will be "thank you, better luck next time."