+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Mass ghost updates were reported yesterday evening between 9 to 11 PM IST. ALs were reported afterwards (IST time). This means, these changes were not triggered by NDVO, this has been performed by visa offices in Canada.

Also, Sydney and Ottawa VO have issued bulk PPRs too yesterday. It was a good day overall.
This is so encouraging.. Hope we all get some good news soon.. Any idea what the duration was on the ALs issued?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
even though my case have been handled by Vancouver office all the time, I got a phone landing interview from London, Ontario.
EE profile is still "in process", no changes since I submitted my PR in 2019...
Thanks. Till May it was with Vancouver office, I do not know about the current situation.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
My latest update is changed to "You have passed the medical exam". Previously it was something like "Final decision has been made. Check your message below"

Application is not reopened tho it is still in Approved state. Final decision is still approved. Only thing that is changed is Latest update.

I have a feeling (sixth sense) that for expired CoPRs and respondent of 4 pointer emails, IRCC is going through some checklist such as medical and criminality prior issuing the eTA.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: kaadman

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
My latest update is changed to "You have passed the medical exam". Previously it was something like "Final decision has been made. Check your message below"

I have a feeling (sixth sense) that for expired CoPRs and respondent of 4 pointer emails, IRCC is going through some checklist such as medical and criminality prior issuing the eTA.

Same here, it has now changed from Final Decision - "March 15, your application was approved. Check your messages below for details". a couple of hours ago to Final Decision - "You have passed the medical exam on (date of medicals last year)

Expired CoPR
- No Job Offer - proactively submitted all the documents to IRCC with a quarantine plan last month without receiving the 4 Pointer email.

I think finally we are going to see some action :p

Last edited:

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Anyone here who got and responded to the 4 pointer email and didn’t get a ghost update yesterday nor sees any updates in ‘final decision’ in their profile ?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Anyone here who got and responded to the 4 pointer email and didn’t get a ghost update yesterday nor sees any updates in ‘final decision’ in their profile ?
When did you responded? Did you receive any acknowledgement email (DoNotReply one) after replying to 4PE?

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hi guys
did any one receive AL as a response to 4 pt email from NDVO? We replied on 19 sep still no response. Copr received 14 March, expired on 5 July. Received 4pt email on 18 sep

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
When did you responded? Did you receive any acknowledgement email (DoNotReply one) after replying to 4PE?
Yeah I did receive the donotreply ack email. Replied on 7th oct.

I’ve never sent a ready to travel webform though, I’m wondering(clearly overthinking lol) if that had something to do with them ‘missing’ my profile and me not getting the update

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Yeah I did receive the donotreply ack email. Replied on 7th oct.

I’ve never sent a ready to travel webform though, I’m wondering(clearly overthinking lol) if that had something to do with them ‘missing’ my profile and me not getting the update
I am assuming they sent 4 pointer emails to only those who didn't raise a webform? @13nitinsharma @Canaspirant xyz thoughts?

Let's wait till EOD. Please update if you see changes on your GC account.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
AL UPDATE: JUST NOW!

One applicant just received the AL in her email inbox, please see her timeline below (copied & pasted):

Hello guys.
Finally received AL in email.
COPR expiry: 23rd May
Essential NOC (Medical Laboratory Technician)
VO: Ottawa
Family of 4
Raised nearly 10 Ready to travel webforms
AL validity: 19th December 2020
No Remed asked
Got 3 pointer in July
Medicals extended till April 2021
Got GU last night
GC account updated with new COPRs details today morning!

Hang in there guys, AL is around the corner!! Thank you so much guys for your support.
Feel free to ask questions!
Good luck to you all! God bless

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019

Application is not reopened tho it is still in Approved state. Final decision is still approved. Only thing that is changed is Latest update.

Thats the same for me as well. My latest update shows 'you have passed the medical exam' though the date is the same as it was before. I also feel that the review of eligibility date has changed to reflect the same date as the approval date now. I could have sworn that it was earlier a different date but I never took a screenshot. Everything else looks the same I guess.

Reactions: whyCorona

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
AL UPDATE: JUST NOW!

One applicant just received the AL in her email inbox, please see her timeline below (copied & pasted):

Hello guys.
Finally received AL in email.
COPR expiry: 23rd May
Essential NOC (Medical Laboratory Technician)
VO: Ottawa
Family of 4
Raised nearly 10 Ready to travel webforms
AL validity: 19th December 2020
No Remed asked
Got 3 pointer in July
Medicals extended till April 2021
Got GU last night
GC account updated with new COPRs details today morning!

Hang in there guys, AL is around the corner!! Thank you so much guys for your support.
Feel free to ask questions!
Good luck to you all! God bless
after how many days u got AL email??