Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I'm in Bowmanville, Ontario. My
Not sure what your question is. Where are you located?
I am in Bowmanville, Ontario. My question is if it is possible to travel by air to US and return to Toronto to process my PR. Because of covid and everything.

sudhach91

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hyderabad , India
What is everyone's general opinion about VO-Ottawa ?
I had raised RTT 1 on 23 September- Got generic mail
I had raised RTT 2 on 15 October - No reply yet.
There was a lot of movement by VO- New Delhi, but Ottawa seems to be silent.

I had submitted all the required information based on 4pointer emails. But i don't have anything yet.

Do we have many people who got AL's from VO- Ottawa ?
Not yet...even i have raised multiple RTT webforms.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

I had submitted all the required information based on 4pointer emails. But i don't have anything yet.

But I think after sending 4 pt mails Delhi has slowed down...they are not giving al so fast after rec replies to 4 pt mails.Very few have got al in this forum...though many had recd the mail.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
But I think after sending 4 pt mails Delhi has slowed down...they are not giving al so fast after rec replies to 4 pt mails.Very few have got al in this forum...though many had recd the mail.
Do you think they are scrutinizing responses to the 4PT email and then granting AL ? I mean prioritizing responses based on non-discretionary reasons.

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017

Nothing yet initially atleast I was getting generic emails. Now they have stopped responding altogether. They are working but at snails pace.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Flight landed in Terminal-3, no temperature checks at both US and Canada. They asked questions for quarantine at multiple places, but no proof needed, just have a sign a self-declaration with address details.
If staying at a shared apartment, other persons will also need to quarantine, so not sure about officer's reaction to that.
Hi, I am travelling to Vancouver on Oct 30. I am planning to book a place through Airbnb for my quarantine. Apart from confirmed proof for place of stay what else I need to carry. Shall I make a self declared quarantine plan for producing upon request?.

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Please help!
After I received my COPR in December 2019 my consultant handed over me the password of gckey login. Due to coronavirus i wasn't able to travel. I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling, meanwhile I also changed the email address on GCKEY account to my personal one.
When I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling I got an email from them on my personal account assuring me that my visa won't be cancelled.
Now after raising 3 ready to travel webforms and getting generic reply of all 3 of them on my personal email ID, I raised a 4th ready to travel webform and by chance indicated IRCC thar please contact me on this this email id don't contact me on my consultant's id.
Today I got a reply for my 4th ready to travel webform that the id I'm providing is not registered with my account.
Now I'm afraid that they had provided the extension letter or anything to my consultant's id.
Is this possible folks?
Isn't there any intimation or any letter on GCkey account about extension?

Reactions: kpatel1988

Anshul_Sharma

Oct 18, 2020
Hi, I am travelling to Vancouver on Oct 30. I am planning to book a place through Airbnb for my quarantine. Apart from confirmed proof for place of stay what else I need to carry. Shall I make a self declared quarantine plan for producing upon request?.
Yes you should carry a detailed quarantine plan. Based on what I have read in this group you may or may not be asked for it. But you should carry it.
I have a question for you. Can you tell us the timelines of the following
1. When did u receive the 4 pointer mail?
2. When did you reply to the same?
3. When did u receive the AL?
4. Did the document status in you GIC account update with new COPR expiry date?

will really appreciate your reply.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
I'm exactly in the same situation. Authorization letter issued by Ottawa on October 1, 2020.From my GCKey account previously issued CoPR/PRV numbers got removed. Status changed from Approved to Submitted. in AL, new CoPR/PRV document numbers and extended validity dates are mentioned. No reply to my webforms or email from IRCC. Since Oct 1, 2020 I'm waiting. AL is valid till Dec 2, 2020 and I wish to travel within next 2 weeks. I'm worried that airlines won't allow boarding since my extension dates and new document numbers are not yet updated (electronically) in IRCC system
Hi,
Please could u let us know whether your case is FSW outland, family reunification, job offer in Canada. My VO is also Ottawa and I have raised multiple web forms but no movement at all

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Please help!
After I received my COPR in December 2019 my consultant handed over me the password of gckey login. Due to coronavirus i wasn't able to travel. I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling, meanwhile I also changed the email address on GCKEY account to my personal one.
When I informed IRCC that I won't be travelling I got an email from them on my personal account assuring me that my visa won't be cancelled.
Now after raising 3 ready to travel webforms and getting generic reply of all 3 of them on my personal email ID, I raised a 4th ready to travel webform and by chance indicated IRCC thar please contact me on this this email id don't contact me on my consultant's id.
Today I got a reply for my 4th ready to travel webform that the id I'm providing is not registered with my account.
Now I'm afraid that they had provided the extension letter or anything to my consultant's id.
Is this possible folks?
Isn't there any intimation or any letter on GCkey account about extension?
Yes, it is highly possible.

Would suggest connecting with your consultant and pressing him/her for carefully looking through their emails, letters etc.

Secondly, you mentioned you have corrected the email and contact details on GC key account. Hope that includes getting into the specific application and changing it there just to make sure. Would suggest calling IRCC contact centre and checking it with the agent on phone.

With the increased delays overall, lack of any visible prioritisation logic or any announced amendments on processing of expired CoPRs - I wont be surprised if somewhere something has been missed.

Best wishes!

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
AL question: the government site says:
Immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents do not require any written authorization from IRCC.
Does it mean that if I, as an inland principal applicant, received a CoPR that says "congratulations you are a PR now.." - my dependent wife, who is outside Canada does not need an Authorization Letter in order to board and travel?