+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
Hi aadhi, congratulations on getting an ETA and successfully landing. This is very encouraging news!

Wanted to know if the 'date issued' on the ETA was the same date that you got the ETA. If there was a difference, how much was it?

Thanks a ton!

Cheers,
Pavie
Yes, it was the same day and it was valid 60 days from the date issued.

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
You mentioned that you decided to send your documents proactively... Were you talking about your tickets and accommodation booking?
You mean you booked them even before u got eta.l?Thankfully you got it in right time.
In your first three web forms u did not attach any documents still you got the pointer mail? Sorry for so many questions.But we are too anxious.
Yea that was a risk I took by booking a confirmed air ticket and accommodation. I didn't attach any docs in the ready-to-travel webforms.

Reactions: Tango1988

sm89

Sep 5, 2020
Only land borders are closed. You can fly anytime. Flights were never stopped.
Land borders are not closed if you want to permanently settle there. This is exempt from travel restrictions, in fact people are sharing their experiences of soft landing as well - they are able to drive to the border get PR initiated and return to US immediately.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
I am in the same boat. Sponsorship applicant. Visa expired on June 15. Received email requesting for info like if we are ready to travel last
week. Replied them by Monday! Let's see what happens next. Please keep us posted if you get an extension and I ll do the same too
Hi @Madhan96291 and @Amit k .
I'm in the same boat as you two. Got an email requesting for additional info and documents last week and we've responded yesterday. I had a couple questions ;
1. What did you send as a document to demonstrate "Plan for quarantine and medical"? I wrote a word file explaining we'll buy all necessities in advance to be ready for the quarantine period.
2. Did you buy medical insurance to send along with other documents to IRCC? I did not.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hi Aadhi! Great to know your story. Congratulations. I would really appreciate if you could help with couple questions I had;
1. What did you send as a document to demonstrate "Plan for quarantine and medical"? I wrote a word file explaining we'll buy all necessities in advance to be ready for the quarantine period.
2. Did you buy medical insurance to send along with other documents to IRCC? I did not.

EugeneHD

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I raised a ready to travel web form at the end of July. At the beginning of September I received a letter asking for my passport and expired COPR to be resent to the VO for new visa and COPR. Received the new COPR and visa today. However today I also received an email asking for:
  • 1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

• 2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

• 3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

• 4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

• Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:
  • · Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;
  • o address where you will stay,
  • o lease agreement,
  • o home ownership document,
  • o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and
  • o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

• · Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;
  • o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and
  • o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.
Very strange, I don’t know what to make of this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I see that the things are moving (NDVO started issiung ETAs) and I hope all of us will make it to Canada soon.
Is there anyone who landed recently with a new visa using regular flights? Did you have any issues while boarding because your new visa is after the 18th of March?
My COPR situation in case someone finds it useful:
1. COPR expired on the 21st of April
2. Raised Ready to travel in June. New Medical Exam was requested.
3. I passed the exam on the 19th of August and started waiting for PPR - no luck during 3 weeks.
4. After 3 weeks and me constantly writing to my VO (Warsaw) they sent PPR asking to send passport dirrectly to Warsaw (VFS are still closed).
5. I recieved my new visa and COPR few days ago.

My concern is: while buying a ticket at a regular Airline office (Turkish Airlines) they doubted that I will be allowed to borad.
There is a Remark in the bottom of my new COPR saying that original visa was issued before 18th of March and I have a latter from my VO saying that I am excempt. However, I have read about a number of cases here when due to lack of Airport staff competence people were not allowed to board.
So, is there anyone here who landed recently using new visa and COPR and regular airline (not special flights)?

EugeneHD

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I see that the things are moving (NDVO started issiung ETAs) and I hope all of us will make it to Canada soon.
Is there anyone who landed recently with a new visa using regular flights? Did you have any issues while boarding because your new visa is after the 18th of March?
My COPR situation in case someone finds it useful:
1. COPR expired on the 21st of April
2. Raised Ready to travel in June. New Medical Exam was requested.
3. I passed the exam on the 19th of August and started waiting for PPR - no luck during 3 weeks.
4. After 3 weeks and me constantly writing to my VO (Warsaw) they sent PPR asking to send passport dirrectly to Warsaw (VFS are still closed).
5. I recieved my new visa and COPR few days ago.

My concern is: while buying a ticket at a regular Airline office (Turkish Airlines) they doubted that I will be allowed to borad.
There is a Remark in the bottom of my new COPR saying that original visa was issued before 18th of March and I have a latter from my VO saying that I am excempt. However, I have read about a number of cases here when due to lack of Airport staff competence people were not allowed to board.
So, is there anyone here who landed recently using new visa and COPR and regular airline (not special flights)?
Is the expired visa still in your passport?