+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

psmangat5

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Punjab
NOC Code......
I got the ETA exactly in 11 Days after I replied to that email. The airline never asked a question but the airport officials at the immigration did but that was all routine questions but one tip please be confident while answering anything they ask. Toronto airport was a breeze, just two questions on the address in which the card has to be delivered and proof of funds.
hii aadhi, how you brought proof of funds ? By Some Demand Draft ?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hello Everyone,

This post has been overdue for some time. So first of all apologies for the late post, it was a roller coaster ride for me the last few weeks. So like everyone else in this forum i wanted to move to Canada asap since I have been unemployed for the past 4 months. So I raised a webform in June when the VBM flights started, another one in July and another one in august, all of 'em got me a generic response. Towards the end of August, I decided to just send the documents proactively for settlement as per the program delivery instructions on the IRCC website. Coincidentally, the day i was about to send the confirm air ticket, Airbnb booking, and rest of the documents required, an email pops up in my inbox asking to submit these documents for the extension. I did it the very next day since the email mentioned it has to be completed in 10 days. My flight ticket was just 24 days away when i submitted these documents, I was counting each and every day since everything goes for a toss if they don’t respond with ETA on time. Fortunately, i get the ETA on the 10th Day, I was in disbelief for some time and i even thought it was fake for a min but I logged on the CIC account to cross verify, and there it was my new counterfoil number. Next task was to check with Lufthansa if they allow this letter to be used, and i had no answer from them so i went ahead and canceled the ticket to book the VBM flight and finally i landed in Toronto few days back and in self-quarantine for the next 14 days as I’m writing this post.
Congratulations on ur landing!When was ur copr expired?Could you pls tell us which docs did you provide before receiving their mail and after receiving?

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Any rough idea how long it takes for reply to come after " ready to travel" form has been sent? I recieved a mail saying your mail has been forwarded to concerned office 10 days back but nothing yet.

Any help appreciated :)
Thanks

Parvathyv

Jul 25, 2020
@aadhi90 may I request to you share bit more details on your extension
were you a single applicant
did you receive the extension within 90 days of sending the ready to travel webform
was you application status changed to in progress or was it showing completed status
were you required to do redo medical
when did your visa/Copr expire

i have placed my request since 16june and have been sending few webforms but no revert as yet

gayajust

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Sorry just to be clear, your file was finalized on March 12 but you didn’t receive your CoPR till July 2nd or did your CoPR expire on July 2nd?
If your CoPR has not yet expired and your file was finalized prior to March 18, you are exempt from travel restrictions and can make the move to Canada anytime before the expiry date of your CoPR.
In fact, all files completed on March 18 and earlier are exempt from travel restrictions, but those who could not travel prior to their CoPR expiry date have to now submit a Ready to Travel webform in order to receive an ETA before they can travel.
So just check the expiry date of your CoPR and that will determine if you can travel or have to now wait for an ETA .
Sorry for the delay,
My COPR expiry date is sep 21 and I have extended my COPR (new expiry date is2021 feb 28).IRCC local branch said me that I can travel to Canada because my files completed before March 18.
When I submitted a web form they replied me a generic E mail. There was no any information regarding the process.

Reactions: Dhiiaslama

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
all the webforms raised were just mentioning that I'm ready to travel and after the 4th time is when I got the email from them asking to reply to their email within 10 days of receipt. I traveled from Kochi>Del>Toronto. I didn't get a COVID test.
You mentioned that you decided to send your documents proactively... Were you talking about your tickets and accommodation booking?
You mean you booked them even before u got eta.l?Thankfully you got it in right time.
In your first three web forms u did not attach any documents still you got the pointer mail? Sorry for so many questions.But we are too anxious.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Well, I have spoken to NDVO office today. They have said to need not worry, they processing as fast as possible and they told me to send additional documents only when they request for it.
I believe there is no priority as such for someone who their docs ready or someone who doesnt, since they are giving 11 days to respond and send any documents if requested.Its only a waiting game. everyone will receive their extension.

Ukraine2020

Apr 1, 2020
Well, I have spoken to NDVO office today. They have said to need not worry, they processing as fast as possible and they told me to send additional documents only when they request for it.
I believe there is no priority as such for someone who their docs ready or someone who doesnt, since they are giving 11 days to respond and send any documents if requested.Its only a waiting game. everyone will receive their extension.
May God hear your words:D

Last edited:

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I got the passport request letter. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation.

1. Anyone else in this situation?
2. Any idea what will be the new expiry?
3. For people in US, would you risk traveling on H1B now with auto revalidation? I don't have a valid visa.
4. Do we need to travel with family or can they arrive later?
5. I can't go permanently, planning to just come back in couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hey Guys

Has anyone staying in the US has a COPR which has expired and you were not able to travel before the expiry? Any idea how long it is taking to get the extension? What I gather from reading the forum is that it depends on the VO office, my VO is Ottawwa but I have an Indian passport. I want to apply for extension as I should be good to travel in Dec - 2020. Can anyone guide me how long it is taking to get the extension (my CoPR was issued on July 5, 2020)?

Thanks
I got the passport request letter again. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation. My H1 expired, any thoughts on risking traveling with auto revalidation? What would the new expiry date be? Can i do a soft landing?

Reactions: Ecast

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
I got the passport request letter again. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation. My H1 expired, any thoughts on risking traveling with auto revalidation? What would the new expiry date be? Can i do a soft landing?
Congrats! I also live in the USA, COPR expired back in June. Not sure if I should try to submit a webform or not. Hoping I get a passport request soon without having to submit a form. Can you please keep us updated on how long your new extension is valid for? Thank you!