+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

beetle19

Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have h1b till 2022 but visa is not stamped.
Copr is expiring in august. Last year when i travelled i entered using AVR and new i 94 was issued with expiring date in 2022.
My question is if i go to Canada for 14 days then would i be able to enter US using AVR.

Please do let me know.

thank you

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Any COPR holder able to travel by Lufthansa repatriation flight?
No. only Canadian Citizen can travel . one of my friend PR holder had Luftansa ticket they also not allowed to travel in repatriation flight. finaly she went by Vande Bharat last week.

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
I'm planning to move to Canada in 3 weeks from U.S. This would be my first time with the COPR, so I'm assuming I can take my car via Detroit-Widsor bridge?
  • For the car, do I need to carry anything else apart from car title, and declaration of car in GTA form?
  • Just want to make sure that it's allowed to drive in Canada with a car with U.S registration and title?
  • And is this a temporary allowance and would I have to change my car registration to Canada after moving?

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
My COPR is set to expire in early August so it won't be possible for me to travel so soon even if the VAC opens next month. Besides, they are taking a long time to process SIN in Canada. Can't really get a job or anything without it,
Oh, I see. I guess extensions are the only way out for the time being. Yeah, really, nothing can be done without SIN, so better to wait.

Good luck!

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Oh, I see. I guess extensions are the only way out for the time being. Yeah, really, nothing can be done without SIN, so better to wait.

Good luck!
Who said you can't get a job without sin number , please do some research before posting !!

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Who said you can't get a job without sin number , please do some research before posting !!
Thank you for pointing this out here for my benefit and for others. My bad, should have done my research! This is why, I joined the forum, to learn and avoid making mistakes in real life.

Thanks again and good luck!

Reactions: Abdulgafar and BS85

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all, I have a relative staying in Canada who mentioned that if I am coming just for the purpose of activating PR and not leaving the airport, I do not need to quarantine. Would anyone on this forum concur with this viewpoint

Secondly, the quarantine order mandating all international travelers entering Canada was extended till Jun 30th. What is the situation likely to be in July? Any views?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Guys-were the original travel restrictions for approved permanent after march 18th applicable till June 30th or there is no end date?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi all, I have a relative staying in Canada who mentioned that if I am coming just for the purpose of activating PR and not leaving the airport, I do not need to quarantine. Would anyone on this forum concur with this viewpoint

Secondly, the quarantine order mandating all international travelers entering Canada was extended till Jun 30th. What is the situation likely to be in July? Any views?
No if you are travelling to Canada to activate PR you will have to undergo 14 days quarantine. Otherwise your travel will fall under non-essential travel.

Quarantine order will stay beyond June 30th. It won't be lifted anytime soon.

swathsu

Jan 2, 2018
Hi, after landing and before getting SIN, I.e. during SIN processing time, can we work for a non-Canadian employer? Do we need SIN or some work authorization at all to work for non-Canadian employer while in Canada for less than 183 days? Thank you