NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hello everyone
Has anyone received an automatic PR visa extension due to coronavirus?
My acquaintance wrote to the Paris office a couple of weeks ago and he had a response that visas can be extended for 90 days automatically.
They might mean that his re-opened file will be brought forward for review within 90 days? We haven't heard of anybody who would receive a reply from IRCC stating that visa will be extended automatically. (only landing by telephone and automatically for in-land applicants)

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hello everyone
Has anyone received an automatic PR visa extension due to coronavirus?
My acquaintance wrote to the Paris office a couple of weeks ago and he had a response that visas can be extended for 90 days automatically.
Is it possible for your acquaintance to share the content of the letter he received (hiding personal details, of course)?

DrBlues

Jun 5, 2020
They might mean that his re-opened file will be brought forward for review within 90 days? We haven't heard of anybody who would receive a reply from IRCC stating that visa will be extended automatically. (only landing by telephone and automatically for in-land applicants)
This phrase is from the letter from the office to my mate:

If your application has been approved, you are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV), and you cannot travel to Canada within the validity period of your documentation, please note that the expiry date will be extended by 90 days.
But there is no any official information on their WEB-site ....

Reactions: CountessO and PavD

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
This phrase is from the letter from the office to my mate:

But there is no any official information on their WEB-site ....
Thank you for sharing this. Oh, that is something completely new for me. Indeed, there is no such information on their site. What is his immigration class (CEC, Sponsorship or regular FSW)? Do you know when he received this letter? I am just wandering, if this is something new the IRCC offices are trying to implement.

DrBlues

Jun 5, 2020
Thank you for sharing this. Oh, that is something completely new for me. Indeed, there is no such information on their site. What is his immigration class (CEC, Sponsorship or regular FSW)? Do you know when he received this letter? I am just wandering, if this is something new the IRCC offices are trying to implement.
1. Provincial nominee program (FSW as far as I understand).
2. He told me about this letter last week.

Reactions: PavD

DrBlues

Jun 5, 2020
Many are waiting for a solution to the issue of visa extensions. CIC understands this ... I think that a universal solution for everyone should be worked out

Silverskull

Jun 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here received their CoPR after March-18th on Express Entry (non-Canada Experience/non-Provincial Nominee). If yes, please reply. If anyone has any info on whether IRCC is currently giving out CoPRs for Express Entry applicants, please share.

Thanks!!

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
All those speaking of an automatic extension of xx days on expiry of COPR due to inability to travel because of covid pandemic, what is your opinion on the following:
  1. Change in age over time and its effect on score
  2. Expiry of supporting documents like IELTS score and police certificate (especially getting police certificates from other countries they have been to)
I would like to believe that there will be an automatic extension but given lack of any official statement in support of that I'm not very optimistic of such a scenario. As for me, I'm stuck with my passport still at VAC office which is shut for an indefinite period so I can't travel even if there is a way as I'm not in possession of my passport. My COPR expires in August from what I see online in my account. No clue how to go about it.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
All those speaking of an automatic extension of xx days on expiry of COPR due to inability to travel because of covid pandemic, what is your opinion on the following:
  1. Change in age over time and its effect on score
  2. Expiry of supporting documents like IELTS score and police certificate (especially getting police certificates from other countries they have been to)
I would like to believe that there will be an automatic extension but given lack of any official statement in support of that I'm not very optimistic of such a scenario. As for me, I'm stuck with my passport still at VAC office which is shut for an indefinite period so I can't travel even if there is a way as I'm not in possession of my passport. My COPR expires in August from what I see online in my account. No clue how to go about it.
It's an extension of CoPR and not the re verification of whole application again for eligibility. You might need to do the medicals again or maybe PCC of your home country and it all depends upon IRCC if they ask for them.

Reactions: Dia89

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
It's an extension of CoPR and not the re verification of whole application again for eligibility. You might need to do the medicals again or maybe PCC of your home country and it all depends upon IRCC if they ask for them.
Thanks for replying.
Right so in a nutshell you are saying that COPR extension does not call for re verification even if the circumstances (as mentioned in my previous post) change? Is there any source please where the usual COPR extension process is so explained so I can go through it because I couldn't find any.

I'm assuming what you are saying is on the basis of some information directly received form IRCC as a result of an inquiry? Or is it a logical assumption?