+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
My husband and my COPR expired on 26th April 2020, now we are stuck in India. We have submitted multiple web forms but we get the same automated response. Did anyone at all hear back from IRCC or anywhere else how can we get the extension and when can we get it?
Can you share what exactly was this automated response and also what exactly was your query to begin with? I'm reading posts from some people where they say that either them or mostly somebody they know have received an assurance stating that they need not worry due to inability to travel right now. I'm myself facing the same situation where my passport is still at VAC which is shut so I can't travel anyway even if I can manage to get hold of an Air India flight (which itself seems like a draw of luck). I think I'll raise a web form but I just want to learn from other's experience so far as I'm sure a lot of people like yourself may have already contacted IRCC.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks for replying.
Right so in a nutshell you are saying that COPR extension does not call for re verification even if the circumstances (as mentioned in my previous post) change? Is there any source please where the usual COPR extension process is so explained so I can go through it because I couldn't find any.

I'm assuming what you are saying is on the basis of some information directly received form IRCC as a result of an inquiry? Or is it a logical assumption?
Age and IELTS score points are calculated based on the day you recieved invitation, they are freezed as of that day. I gained a year and my IELTS validity had expired before the decision on my apllication was done but still my points remained as per date of invitation (Not even aplication submission)

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for replying.
Right so in a nutshell you are saying that COPR extension does not call for re verification even if the circumstances (as mentioned in my previous post) change? Is there any source please where the usual COPR extension process is so explained so I can go through it because I couldn't find any.

I'm assuming what you are saying is on the basis of some information directly received form IRCC as a result of an inquiry? Or is it a logical assumption?
This link has been shared million times here :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
*Thought ti share with you all
[Hi friends thanks a lot for all your help
This forum was great support
Finally i could chase my dream and landed in Toronto

It was smooth but lengthy ride overall
i had Indigo flight from Hyd to Mum on 5th, they were not allowing 7kg cabin bag, i had single 23kg for each 4 of us, paid advance for extra 12kg, after struggle they allowed 7kg cabin bags, and checked them in also

Had stayed at Mum airport for night, to catch next day Mum to London at 2pm, stayed at arrival section, departure does not open before 4-6 hours of departure time

At Departure , (3 hours before) filled declaration form for Covid, had temperature check, got boarding passes , checked in 4 23 KG bags for 4 passengers, and they checked in till toronto. My next flight was from Air Canada

Note: in case you have 2nd check in bag, better to pay in advance 100 -129 CAD, else Air India will charge at counter 240 USD plus tax

Waited at london 15-16 hours to catch toronto flight, again had temperature check, no transit visa Hassel at london

Both flights gave prepacked foods, was sufficient

At Toronto airport , filled declaration form, gave complete quarantine plan details till they satisfied, had immigration , they asked for fund details, and finally said golden words that congratulations you are now PR of Canada
Had custom check done, they stamped list of carried goods, and finally we were out, and finished our 60 hours journey

swack60

May 20, 2019
This phrase is from the letter from the office to my mate:

But there is no any official information on their WEB-site ....
"If your application has been approved, you are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV), and you cannot travel to Canada within the validity period of your documentation, please note that the expiry date will be extended by 90 days."

Pardon me if it seems a dumb question; but does it mean- one can travel to Canada with expired CoPR and PRV if they got these on and before Mar 18th within this additional 90 days?

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
"If your application has been approved, you are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV), and you cannot travel to Canada within the validity period of your documentation, please note that the expiry date will be extended by 90 days."

Pardon me if it seems a dumb question; but does it mean- one can travel to Canada with expired CoPR and PRV if they got these on and before Mar 18th within this additional 90 days?
Travelling with expired CoPR is prohibited. This exemption is made to lessen the impacts of travel restrictions which came into effect on 18th March 2020 on valid CoPR holders.

Reactions: swack60

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Travelling with expired CoPR is prohibited. This exemption is made to lessen the impacts of travel restrictions which came into effect on 18th March 2020 on valid CoPR holders.
Has anyone been able to get their expired copr extended? Please let us know.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
New Zealand is virus-free and has lifted all Covid-19 restrictions. However, the borders will remain closed for foreign travellers.

There is still hope for rest of the world!!! :)

Reactions: CountessO

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Has anyone been able to get their expired copr extended? Please let us know.
Nope. It's too early to get extension as VFS and embassies are not fully operational yet. Wait till international flight getting resumed and Canada's travel ban getting uplifted. Just to let you know even if we get extension now we will not come under the exemption criteria as new CoPR will be issued after the date of 18th March 2020.

Reactions: neeti2090

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi ...
This is regarding goods to follow list..
1) I have mentioned the value of the jewellery that we will be bringing in the Goods accompanying list and the goods to follow list (both Handwritten and also printed form) .. do I need to do anything other than that? Like any certificate from any jewel shop with estimated value ? I also have pics of the jewels as well.