+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Mar 17, 2020
Has anyone been able to get their expired copr extended? Please let us know.
Nope. It's too early to get extension as VFS and embassies are not fully operational yet. Wait till international flight getting resumed and Canada's travel ban getting uplifted. Just to let you know even if we get extension now we will not come under the exemption criteria as new CoPR will be issued after the date of 18th March 2020.

Reactions: neeti2090

SaraRahul

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi ...
This is regarding goods to follow list..
1) I have mentioned the value of the jewellery that we will be bringing in the Goods accompanying list and the goods to follow list (both Handwritten and also printed form) .. do I need to do anything other than that? Like any certificate from any jewel shop with estimated value ? I also have pics of the jewels as well.

sridharreddy1

Jul 13, 2019
[Hi friends thanks a lot for all your help
This forum was great support
Finally i could chase my dream and landed in Toronto

It was smooth but lengthy ride overall
i had Indigo flight from Hyd to Mum on 5th, they were not allowing 7kg cabin bag, i had single 23kg for each 4 of us, paid advance for extra 12kg, after struggle they allowed 7kg cabin bags, and checked them in also

Had stayed at Mum airport for night, to catch next day Mum to London at 2pm, stayed at arrival section, departure does not open before 4-6 hours of departure time

At Departure , (3 hours before) filled declaration form for Covid, had temperature check, got boarding passes , checked in 4 23 KG bags for 4 passengers, and they checked in till toronto. My next flight was from Air Canada

Note: in case you have 2nd check in bag, better to pay in advance 100 -129 CAD, else Air India will charge at counter 240 USD plus tax

Waited at london 15-16 hours to catch toronto flight, again had temperature check, no transit visa Hassel at london

Both flights gave prepacked foods, was sufficient

At Toronto airport , filled declaration form, gave complete quarantine plan details till they satisfied, had immigration , they asked for fund details, and finally said golden words that congratulations you are now PR of Canada
Had custom check done, they stamped list of carried goods, and finally we were out, and finished our 60 hours journey
Hello,

Many congratulations on reaching the Canadian safely. I am sure the 60 hours journey was very difficult.

I am travelling to Toronto on the 21st of June using the Air India evacuation flights. What is the process now for getting the SIN after landing in Canada?
I have a potential job offer right now and the employer wants to know when I might be able to join the company.

Reactions: PM21

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
[Hi friends thanks a lot for all your help
This forum was great support
Finally i could chase my dream and landed in Toronto

It was smooth but lengthy ride overall
i had Indigo flight from Hyd to Mum on 5th, they were not allowing 7kg cabin bag, i had single 23kg for each 4 of us, paid advance for extra 12kg, after struggle they allowed 7kg cabin bags, and checked them in also

Had stayed at Mum airport for night, to catch next day Mum to London at 2pm, stayed at arrival section, departure does not open before 4-6 hours of departure time

At Departure , (3 hours before) filled declaration form for Covid, had temperature check, got boarding passes , checked in 4 23 KG bags for 4 passengers, and they checked in till toronto. My next flight was from Air Canada

Note: in case you have 2nd check in bag, better to pay in advance 100 -129 CAD, else Air India will charge at counter 240 USD plus tax

Waited at london 15-16 hours to catch toronto flight, again had temperature check, no transit visa Hassel at london

Both flights gave prepacked foods, was sufficient

At Toronto airport , filled declaration form, gave complete quarantine plan details till they satisfied, had immigration , they asked for fund details, and finally said golden words that congratulations you are now PR of Canada
Had custom check done, they stamped list of carried goods, and finally we were out, and finished our 60 hours journey

How is this possible, I thought you can't leave India if it is not one of those VBM flights. What fund details did they ask at Toronto? Is it how much cash are you carrying or how much cash do you have in your bank?

saad_im

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Dubai
Airbnb with private room and private bathroom is sufficient to satisfy them for quarantine? The host also lives in the house but I will not be sharing any facilities with him.

whyCorona

Mar 17, 2020
Airbnb with private room and private bathroom is sufficient to satisfy them for quarantine? The host also lives in the house but I will not be sharing any facilities with him.
You need three things room, bathroom and food. Officer might ask how you gonna live for 14 days. Private room - good, Private Bathroom - good and what about food? How you gonna arrange food? Online or self cooking (no shared kitchen)? Make sure to have these answers ready for Immigration officer. All they want to know that for 14 days you should not come in contact with anyone. Not sure how officer might react if shared kitchen is involved in your Airbnb if it is there.

Last edited:

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,
I am not willing to travel due to corona risk. We are a family with three kids. My copr expires on sept 5.
Is there any one here with similar situation? What can we do ? I raised a web form in march end and ircc replied we are exempted and can travel.

Please advise.
Thanks

saad_im

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Dubai
You need three things room, bathroom and food. Officer might ask how you gonna live for 14 days. Private room - good, Private Bathroom - good and what about food? How you gonna arrange food? Online or self cooking (no shared kitchen)? Make sure to have these answers ready for Immigration officer. All they want to know that for 14 days you should not come in contact of anyone. Not sure how officer might react if shared kitchen is involved in your Airbnb if it is there.
The house does have a shared kitchen which I don't intend to use. But I guess it can potentially be a problem from the officers point of view

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,
Want to share my experience of landing in Canada. We drove from US (New York) to Peace Bridge. The experience was very smooth.

Initial entry officer checked for visa ,quarantine address and asked us to park for secondary investigation. The building was completely empty. Just couple of officers . We were asked to present our passports and COPRs. The officer took some time for verification.

He/She then called us to sign two copies for the COPR. He/She retained one, and gave us one copy. He/She also mentioned we can use the COPR to cross land borders between US and Canada (not applicable for air). We then went to another officer who took our GTF lists. We were very thorough with the details, so he/she just stamped both copies and handed us over the forms.

All in all did not take more than half an hour and was very smooth. So, if you are planning to drive from US it is OK. Make sure you have your documentation in row and GTFs listed out properly with photos of jewellery.

SaraRahul

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
Want to share my experience of landing in Canada. We drove from US (New York) to Peace Bridge. The experience was very smooth.

Initial entry officer checked for visa ,quarantine address and asked us to park for secondary investigation. The building was completely empty. Just couple of officers . We were asked to present our passports and COPRs. The officer took some time for verification.

He/She then called us to sign two copies for the COPR. He/She retained one, and gave us one copy. He/She also mentioned we can use the COPR to cross land borders between US and Canada (not applicable for air). We then went to another officer who took our GTF lists. We were very thorough with the details, so he/she just stamped both copies and handed us over the forms.

All in all did not take more than half an hour and was very smooth. So, if you are planning to drive from US it is OK. Make sure you have your documentation in row and GTFs listed out properly with photos of jewellery.
Hi.., congrats on landing... Do we need any certificate from jewellery shop validating it’s estimate? Or just the value we write based on the rate will do?

Reactions: ruka and schandrika

RitzzG

Jun 24, 2019
Hopefully permanent :). My husband is still NY. I have given few interviews, so hoping to get something in next few months. But we plan to move completely by 2021 Jan
Thanks for sharing your experience!

1. Do you know if soft landing from US is advisable/allowed at this time?
2. Do we have to let immigration officer know in case we plan to return to our country?

I know you have landed permanently but in case you know answers to there questions.