+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sridharreddy1

Jul 13, 2019
[Hi friends thanks a lot for all your help
This forum was great support
Finally i could chase my dream and landed in Toronto

It was smooth but lengthy ride overall
i had Indigo flight from Hyd to Mum on 5th, they were not allowing 7kg cabin bag, i had single 23kg for each 4 of us, paid advance for extra 12kg, after struggle they allowed 7kg cabin bags, and checked them in also

Had stayed at Mum airport for night, to catch next day Mum to London at 2pm, stayed at arrival section, departure does not open before 4-6 hours of departure time

At Departure , (3 hours before) filled declaration form for Covid, had temperature check, got boarding passes , checked in 4 23 KG bags for 4 passengers, and they checked in till toronto. My next flight was from Air Canada

Note: in case you have 2nd check in bag, better to pay in advance 100 -129 CAD, else Air India will charge at counter 240 USD plus tax

Waited at london 15-16 hours to catch toronto flight, again had temperature check, no transit visa Hassel at london

Both flights gave prepacked foods, was sufficient

At Toronto airport , filled declaration form, gave complete quarantine plan details till they satisfied, had immigration , they asked for fund details, and finally said golden words that congratulations you are now PR of Canada
Had custom check done, they stamped list of carried goods, and finally we were out, and finished our 60 hours journey
Hello,

Many congratulations on reaching the Canadian safely. I am sure the 60 hours journey was very difficult.

I am travelling to Toronto on the 21st of June using the Air India evacuation flights. What is the process now for getting the SIN after landing in Canada?
I have a potential job offer right now and the employer wants to know when I might be able to join the company.

Reactions: PM21

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
[Hi friends thanks a lot for all your help
This forum was great support
Finally i could chase my dream and landed in Toronto

It was smooth but lengthy ride overall
i had Indigo flight from Hyd to Mum on 5th, they were not allowing 7kg cabin bag, i had single 23kg for each 4 of us, paid advance for extra 12kg, after struggle they allowed 7kg cabin bags, and checked them in also

Had stayed at Mum airport for night, to catch next day Mum to London at 2pm, stayed at arrival section, departure does not open before 4-6 hours of departure time

At Departure , (3 hours before) filled declaration form for Covid, had temperature check, got boarding passes , checked in 4 23 KG bags for 4 passengers, and they checked in till toronto. My next flight was from Air Canada

Note: in case you have 2nd check in bag, better to pay in advance 100 -129 CAD, else Air India will charge at counter 240 USD plus tax

Waited at london 15-16 hours to catch toronto flight, again had temperature check, no transit visa Hassel at london

Both flights gave prepacked foods, was sufficient

At Toronto airport , filled declaration form, gave complete quarantine plan details till they satisfied, had immigration , they asked for fund details, and finally said golden words that congratulations you are now PR of Canada
Had custom check done, they stamped list of carried goods, and finally we were out, and finished our 60 hours journey

How is this possible, I thought you can't leave India if it is not one of those VBM flights. What fund details did they ask at Toronto? Is it how much cash are you carrying or how much cash do you have in your bank?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Airbnb with private room and private bathroom is sufficient to satisfy them for quarantine? The host also lives in the house but I will not be sharing any facilities with him.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Airbnb with private room and private bathroom is sufficient to satisfy them for quarantine? The host also lives in the house but I will not be sharing any facilities with him.
You need three things room, bathroom and food. Officer might ask how you gonna live for 14 days. Private room - good, Private Bathroom - good and what about food? How you gonna arrange food? Online or self cooking (no shared kitchen)? Make sure to have these answers ready for Immigration officer. All they want to know that for 14 days you should not come in contact with anyone. Not sure how officer might react if shared kitchen is involved in your Airbnb if it is there.

Last edited:

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,
I am not willing to travel due to corona risk. We are a family with three kids. My copr expires on sept 5.
Is there any one here with similar situation? What can we do ? I raised a web form in march end and ircc replied we are exempted and can travel.

Please advise.
Thanks

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
You need three things room, bathroom and food. Officer might ask how you gonna live for 14 days. Private room - good, Private Bathroom - good and what about food? How you gonna arrange food? Online or self cooking (no shared kitchen)? Make sure to have these answers ready for Immigration officer. All they want to know that for 14 days you should not come in contact of anyone. Not sure how officer might react if shared kitchen is involved in your Airbnb if it is there.
The house does have a shared kitchen which I don't intend to use. But I guess it can potentially be a problem from the officers point of view

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,
Want to share my experience of landing in Canada. We drove from US (New York) to Peace Bridge. The experience was very smooth.

Initial entry officer checked for visa ,quarantine address and asked us to park for secondary investigation. The building was completely empty. Just couple of officers . We were asked to present our passports and COPRs. The officer took some time for verification.

He/She then called us to sign two copies for the COPR. He/She retained one, and gave us one copy. He/She also mentioned we can use the COPR to cross land borders between US and Canada (not applicable for air). We then went to another officer who took our GTF lists. We were very thorough with the details, so he/she just stamped both copies and handed us over the forms.

All in all did not take more than half an hour and was very smooth. So, if you are planning to drive from US it is OK. Make sure you have your documentation in row and GTFs listed out properly with photos of jewellery.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
Want to share my experience of landing in Canada. We drove from US (New York) to Peace Bridge. The experience was very smooth.

Initial entry officer checked for visa ,quarantine address and asked us to park for secondary investigation. The building was completely empty. Just couple of officers . We were asked to present our passports and COPRs. The officer took some time for verification.

He/She then called us to sign two copies for the COPR. He/She retained one, and gave us one copy. He/She also mentioned we can use the COPR to cross land borders between US and Canada (not applicable for air). We then went to another officer who took our GTF lists. We were very thorough with the details, so he/she just stamped both copies and handed us over the forms.

All in all did not take more than half an hour and was very smooth. So, if you are planning to drive from US it is OK. Make sure you have your documentation in row and GTFs listed out properly with photos of jewellery.
Hi.., congrats on landing... Do we need any certificate from jewellery shop validating it’s estimate? Or just the value we write based on the rate will do?

Reactions: ruka and schandrika

RitzzG

Jun 24, 2019
Hopefully permanent :). My husband is still NY. I have given few interviews, so hoping to get something in next few months. But we plan to move completely by 2021 Jan
Thanks for sharing your experience!

1. Do you know if soft landing from US is advisable/allowed at this time?
2. Do we have to let immigration officer know in case we plan to return to our country?

I know you have landed permanently but in case you know answers to there questions.

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey everyone!

I had posted my experience in a few groups around but totally forgot to mention it here. A place that helped me out big time. I appreciate everyones input for the past year with all queries. I hope and pray we all cope with these troubling times and reach Canada real soon. I officially landed on the 1st of June. Currently halfway done with quarantine!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*long post alert*

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I’m grateful for all the support I’ve received from people on all social media platforms which had made this a very familiar process even before I boarded the aircraft.

On June 1st 2020 I took EK241 from DXB-YYZ.
I figured that it wouldn’t be a full flight and social distancing will be in place so I chose seat 42A online far away from people.

Flight departure was at 0905 AM. They had asked me to be there at least 4 hours before the flight. Now I was in a dilemma as Dubai had movement restrictions and I didn’t want to be flashed by the radar. So I ended up leaving my house after 6AM. I reached the airport at 615 AM (luckily I live in Mirdif).

Walked in to the terminal... there was thermal screening and then I was given the travel hygiene kit and a ‘coronavirus form’ which was a Canadian document.

Right before the check-in there was a document control check point. The gentlemen asked details on my PR status etc. told him I had a COPR. I noticed a lot of people sitting down... apparently I found out that was for re-verification for some work permits etc. I went straight through. Got checked in. And headed into the concourse.

Flight was great, unfortunately they had blocked the back part of the aircraft for the return flight. So I ended up not sitting in a seat I had chosen online; in fact I was so excited I didn’t even notice the seat they assigned me till I got to the gate.

Flight was smooth.

After disembarking the aircraft and walking towards to immigration ... officers were providing a more official coronavirus quarantine form. (I figured I’d do one from scratch). Moving on... it felt like the whole aircraft had COPRs. Initial immigration officer asked a few questions on what I was bringing and told me to go to another counter. There was such a long line that the immigration officers actually had to call in back up. Eventually the whole process didn’t take too long. The officer who dealt with my paperwork wasn’t very enthusiastic. Just literally asked for my address and that’s it. If you have any goods to follow... Make sure you mention it at customs upon exiting.

Now I’m here. In quarantine and hence such a long post. might even end up making a YouTube video with all the time I have now.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! It’s great to be here. stay safe.

Hammad

RitzzG

Jun 24, 2019
For those of us who reside in the US and planned to do soft landing, US entry ban on h1/l1/j1 holders likely to come down soon
Soft landing isn't allowed, you still have to sit out 14 days in quarantine. After that, they can't restrict your travel
Thanks for your response!

Yes, I meant return after 14 day quarantine. But as I see in your post that entry for H1B holders is banned in US which makes it impossible to retrun to US from Canada. Is this ban applicable regardless of mode of travel - air or by road?