+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

My husband and I flew to Toronto yesterday to get our COPR stamped. Sharing my experience so that everyone who plans to do the same can get some clarity.
The process was fairly simple. We flew through American Airlines and the lady at the Chicago airport did ask us a bunch of questions as to why we were traveling now. So make sure you carry the printouts from the IRCC page where they encourage you to travel if you can and if your COPR was issued before March 18.
Good news is that American Airlines is enforcing social distancing pretty well so it was a small aircraft with handful of passengers who were all seated quite apart. After we landed in Toronto we had to fill a mandatory form stating that we didn't have any COVID symptoms, our quarantine address and other essential details. There is one more officer who looks at your passport and forms before you finally meet the immigration agent who will deal with your stamping.
Ours asked us fairly routine questions. Though we had printed a copy of our proof of funds, pages from IRCC, our AIRBNB booking, and a receipt from Walmart showing we had scheduled a grocery pick-up, she didn't ask for any of those. She did ask how we plan to go about life after the quarantine ends, if we were carrying cash and if we intended to stay in Toronto or move to another province.
You will also need to have the address ready where your PR card will be mailed.
Following this, we met the officers who dealt with our lists of goods to follow. And that's it.
We took a cab to our Bnb from the airport and picked up the groceries on the way.
The officers are generally polite and accommodating so just have your papers right and you should be fine.
Good luck.

did ur copr was expaired and renewed??
or its the original copr,???

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I don't get it, what is the "unfortunately" for? You tell them you are ready to travel and they extend your visa based on you wanting to travel then you are saying you can't travel?
he cant travel to canada now becouse he is not excempted from travel

the excemption for visa issued before 18 march

Reactions: hinavin

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Friends,

My copr expired June 4th. I sent a request before it expired. Ircc replied not to worry and let them know when ready to travel. Now online I see my status changed from approved to pending which I thing is good. I am planning to go in August. Should I start the process now so that I get it in time for august. Also I see lot of questions regarding extension but no real experience from people who got extension. It will be great to share links of people’s experience.
you are from which country? which is your Visa Processing Office?

Moizh

May 3, 2019
I don't get it, what is the "unfortunately" for? You tell them you are ready to travel and they extend your visa based on you wanting to travel then you are saying you can't travel?
They didn’t extend my visa, and as far as I know they didn’t extend any visa yet. “Unfortunately” is because am ready and willing to travel now, but I can’t with expired or even renewed COPR

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Question regarding quarantine:
So my friend in Calgary has arranged a basement for me in his friend's house. I am supposed to pay him cash when I arrive. I have full address details. Is this sufficient as a quarantine plan or does there need to be some kind of evidence?

How do people provide evidence when they quarantine in a relatives house? They cannot provide any lease or payment transfer as proof.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Question regarding quarantine:
So my friend in Calgary has arranged a basement for me in his friend's house. I am supposed to pay him cash when I arrive. I have full address details. Is this sufficient as a quarantine plan or does there need to be some kind of evidence?

How do people provide evidence when they quarantine in a relatives house? They cannot provide any lease or payment transfer as proof.
Clear plan, address and details of how we manage day to day chores, grocery etc should suffice! Don't think an evidence such as a rent proof or hotel receipt is absolutely required. But as an example if they want to verify they could call your friend/relative and the story should match. My personal opinion.

Reactions: Captain789

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Clear plan, address and details of how we manage day to day chores, grocery etc should suffice! Don't think an evidence such as a rent proof or hotel receipt is absolutely required. But as an example if they want to verify they could call your friend/relative and the story should match. My personal opinion.
That makes sense. Thank you

Reactions: hinavin
Jun 4, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently based out of USA. My COPR is getting expired on July 2. Is it okay if I do soft-landing and come back after 3 days? Has any of the folks currently living in the US done this before ?

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
My COPR expires on mid July and I received my PPR on mid-March. However date on CoPR issue is mid-May. I am super conflicted, if anyone can help can I make soft landing now, considering 3/18 as a date.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently based out of USA. My COPR is getting expired on July 2. Is it okay if I do soft-landing and come back after 3 days? Has any of the folks currently living in the US done this before ?
No, coming back in 3 days is not okay. One person in this thread from USA has done it after serving 14 days of mandatory quarantine.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

Ontarioking

Jul 2, 2019
Hi All,

I am currently living in USA with my COPR issued before March 18th. I along with my family are planning to fly to Detroit, take a rental car from Detroit Airport and drive to Windsor ,ON for my PR landing. We will be in quarantine in Windsor ,ON for 14 days .

Has anyone gone through a similar plan?
Will I be able to return the rental car after I reach Windsor or will that possible only at the end of my quarantine?
Does anyone see any other issues with this plan? Please advise.

orco13

Aug 7, 2019
San Francisco
NOC Code......
No, coming back in 3 days is not okay. One person in this thread from USA has done it after serving 14 days of mandatory quarantine.
Could someone please share a link to this person's experience of doing soft landing, self-quarantine and coming back (if such a post exists on the forum). My Co-PR expires August 28th. It was approved on May 7th. We are planning on doing soft landing before the CoPR expires.

Jun 4, 2020
Thanks for responding. I would really appreciate if someone shares the link to the person's post of experience of 14 days mandatory quarantine as I can then drop a personal message to him/her for further questions. I tried to search for it but was not successful in finding the post.