+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Hello,
I am looking for some insights/recommendation on what would be the best way forward for someone with the following specifics :

COPR expiry : 4th June, 2020
Country of residence : USA
Webform submitted : May 15 (Requested extension, and expressed unwillingness to travel before expiry date, given the covid-19 related circumstances in new jersey)
Generic response received : May 19 (The usual - "Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic...")

Options that I am evaluating
Option 1
: Take a flight to Toronto on 3rd June. Return back after 14 day mandatory isolation ( Unless it is possible to return back from the airport after soft landing ?)
Option 2 : Not to travel before COPR expires. Evaluate covid related situation in mid-June/July, and submit webform expressing readiness to travel and requesting for extension/next steps.

Currently leaning towards option 2.
Would be great if anyone has experience/insight and can guide.

Thank you!
The other thing to keep in mind is that Trump may suspend entry of H1B holders in US (seems like you would be on one in US?)

So it might be safe to wait and see what comes out from Trump admin

Reactions: sushrut01

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
I think we should wait for vfs to open and international flights to be operational.Without which they can not proceed.Others may suggest.
Applicants related to New Delhi Visa Office with expired CoPR, when should we raise the web form to inform them being able to travel?
I am from India. I had raised the web-form to processing centre in Canada (and not to New Delhi Visa Office) stating I am ready to travel. Got following reply
"We verified the information you provided regarding your landing in Canada and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

So my understanding is New Delhi visa office will contact us themselves once VFS opens and commercial flights start so as to issue new COPR and visa stamp. Same New Delhi Visa office had communicated on their FB page long back. Link below
https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/important-information-regarding-covid-19/3087838001268813/
So we should wait for VFS to open and announcement of international flights.

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hello
With GCMS note whether we can able to find out the COPR expiry date.
My application online status is a decision made and still Not received PPR request. I had ordered GCMS note but not sure how I can able to find the COPR expiry date?

The COPR is printed after we send a passport to IRCC or it will be ready even before the PPR request.

Thanks

Reactions: Bs65

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I am from India. I had raised the web-form to processing centre in Canada (and not to New Delhi Visa Office) stating I am ready to travel. Got following reply
"We verified the information you provided regarding your landing in Canada and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

So my understanding is New Delhi visa office will contact us themselves once VFS opens and commercial flights start so as to issue new COPR and visa stamp. Same New Delhi Visa office had communicated on their FB page long back. Link below
https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/important-information-regarding-covid-19/3087838001268813/
So we should for VFS to open and announcement of international flights.
Based on what did u raise webform ready to travel ??

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Based on what did u raise webform ready to travel ??
I didn't mention anything specific. I simply stated I am "I am ready to travel. But my COPR has expired. So please share next steps."
Based on their reply, It seems both Canada and New Delhi Visa offices are very well aware of current situation.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I didn't mention anything specific. I simply stated I am "I am ready to travel. But my COPR has expired. So please share next steps."
Based on their reply, It seems both Canada and New Delhi Visa offices are very well aware of current situation.
Oh okay ... yeah of course

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Any idea on what's happening with COPR holders from other countries where maybe international travel has resumed, has anybody received COPR extensions? Or any other procedural direction?

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Hi friends
My CoPR is going to expire on July first week
I finally was able to book via AirIndia site for 6th June Mumbai to London (AI) to Toronto (AC) for 7th june, Price 1.17 lac INR+ 900 CAD
There is no transit visa needed for london or frankfort for CoPRs in this ticket scenario
Air India site was super slow, many times shown tickets unavailable, but keep on searching, we may be lucky.

For Frankfort CoPRs dont need transit visa for this ticket scenario, no 12 hours limit, confirmed with Frankfurt Border security
Thought to share you all... thanks

I am from Hyderabad, is there any one on same boat please? Kindly let me know as i still need to finalize my Hyderabad to Mumbai travel..

Reactions: dn3

joyjoyjoy

Aug 24, 2016
Hi
Are you a pnp.nomineee ?
I will be travelling to Saskachwen via Toronto ,I am unable to find information regarding self isolation city. Do I have to self isolate in Toronto or Saskachwen !
You will have need to have a 14-day quarantine plan for your final destination., i.e. whatever place in Sasketchwan you are travelling to. Once you arrive in Toronto, you will present your quarantine plan to the officers and then take your flight to final destination. Once you land there, take your bags, go straight to the quarantine location.

Thank you so.much for the reply ,it helps

6 month extension starting from when exactly? expiry of first COPR?

Coherent

May 28, 2020
Hello friends,

I want to finalize my travel plan. My visa expires on the 7th of July and our country (Ukraine) is planning open airports starting from the 15th of June.
I have only one reliable option for travel and this is with 2 stopovers (one in Frankfurt and one in Toronto). Initially, I planned to settle in Calgary and unfortunately there are no reliable flights with only one stopover in Europe.

I’ve got a few questions. Still, I don’t understand – should I spend 14 days of mandatory self-isolation in Toronto or I can go to Calgary and conveniently spend this isolation there? There is no information regarding this in the ircc letter.

If I would provide all details of my isolation (in Calgary) to an immigration officer in Toronto, would I be allowed to continue my trip to Calgary? I’m planning not to leave Toronto Pearson airport and so my trip would look like Kyiv->Frankfurt->Toronto->Calgary

I’m currently organizing my airbnb stay so this question is of vital importance. Thank you in advance!

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello friends,

I want to finalize my travel plan. My visa expires on the 7th of July and our country (Ukraine) is planning open airports starting from the 15th of June.
I have only one reliable option for travel and this is with 2 stopovers (one in Frankfurt and one in Toronto). Initially, I planned to settle in Calgary and unfortunately there are no reliable flights with only one stopover in Europe.

I’ve got a few questions. Still, I don’t understand – should I spend 14 days of mandatory self-isolation in Toronto or I can go to Calgary and conveniently spend this isolation there? There is no information regarding this in the ircc letter.

If I would provide all details of my isolation (in Calgary) to an immigration officer in Toronto, would I be allowed to continue my trip to Calgary? I’m planning not to leave Toronto Pearson airport and so my trip would look like Kyiv->Frankfurt->Toronto->Calgary

I’m currently organizing my airbnb stay so this question is of vital importance. Thank you in advance!
Hello,

Yes, you are allowed to board the connecting flight from Toronto to Calgary, if you don't have any symptoms of COVD-19, and spend your 14 days of self-isolation in Calgary.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html?topic=tilelink#domestic

Reactions: Coherent

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? You think they are well aware of the global pandemic and the cross border travel halt? Interesting they keep up with this type of info.