+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hope_92

Mar 17, 2020
Hey this is for you. You still have hope.
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy. Do let me know if you need any help or clarifications or I can try to introduce you to people who travelled this way.
Please give me contact number of these people..i need guidelines on how to book airbnb for quarantine ?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You are right.But I would take the risk of travelling provided by 25th Sept I get my new copr and flights start operating obviously.I am praying day and night for that.I just hope that worse doesn't happen.If I do not land that would mean admitting my son in Indian engineering college and paying its one year fee.As I can not make him sit at home waiting for extension again.Plus I might have to give fee for univ of Canada where he has already got offer letter.lots of financial strain .
I hope you have mentioned all this in your webform. They might give some priority to your application who knows. I know how it feels. It's hard to make decisions when there is lot of uncertainty involved.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Me and my Wife landed in Ottawa yesterday.
Our COPR was to expire on May 21st.
Departed from Paris CDG.
POE: Montreal

The air Canada flight from Paris to Montreal was 80% empty. From Montreal to Ottawa we were the only passengers. Temperature check before boarding for both. To be honest it might be the best time to travel while preserving social distancing.
The immigration officer did not ask for POF.
We did not get the chance to be assigned a SIN, no surprise there.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hey this is for you. You still have hope.
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy. Do let me know if you need any help or clarifications or I can try to introduce you to people who travelled this way.
Suggest people actually contact the airlines directly given not 100 percent sure you could check a bag all way through on 2 independent tickets. A single ticket maybe India to Canada with a transit in UK. Not so sure India/UK and then separate ticket UK/Canada. Maybe given Air India / Air Canada code share but does not sound a normal process given at the India checkin they would need to check someone in for both flights.

Hearing about somebody doing it can of course be different to reality, so check with the airline

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I hope you have mentioned all this in your webform. They might give some priority to your application who knows. I know how it feels. It's hard to make decisions when there is lot of uncertainty involved.
No I have not mentioned all this .As there was word limit.I.am thinking of mailing Delhi immigration once lock down gets over.Thanks .

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Most universities are doing online classes even for new international students. Aren't they?
Yes they are
but for that they must have student permit.We would not apply for that.As we were going to land in March and he would have become domestic student.But things got messed up.

Aksbox

May 16, 2020
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy.
Hi,

Could you please give more details on this?
Will Air India let us board from India if we don’t have a visa for UK and the destination is booked for another country (Canada) and airline (Air Canada)?

Also, Air Canada has only one flight for London-Toronto which leaves Heathrow at 12:05 pm (London time). The Air India flights to London land at 11 am (London time). Wouldn’t that mean it’s impossible to board those flights?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Suggest people actually contact the airlines directly given not 100 percent sure you could check a bag all way through on 2 independent tickets. A single ticket maybe India to Canada with a transit in UK. Not so sure India/UK and then separate ticket UK/Canada. Maybe given Air India / Air Canada code share but does not sound a normal process given at the India checkin they would need to check someone in for both flights.

Hearing about somebody doing it can of course be different to reality, so check with the airline
Also need to make sure if you require a transit VISA for UK if you need to checkin the luggage again at UK airport for UK to Canada flight.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

Will Air India let us board from India if we don’t have a visa for UK and the destination is booked for another country (Canada) and airline (Air Canada)?

Also, Air Canada has only one flight for London-Toronto which leaves Heathrow at 12:05 pm (London time). The Air India flights to London land at 11 am (London time). Wouldn’t that mean it’s impossible to board those flights?
Before any of these question.. check if you require UK transit VISA since there are two separate flight tickets involved here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Most universities are doing online classes even for new international students. Aren't they?
That is true and my University is ready to offer On-line even for new International Student. However, they will also charge me International student tuition fee which is 3 times higher than that for a Domestic student.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

Even in normal circumstances and fact that Air India / Air Canada use T2 at LHR a one hour connection would be tight and not recommended. Also unlike in normal times where you can expect in/out delays LHR is only operating it seems 40/50 flights outbound a day, although not easy to see a true number so planes will likely all leave on time. Of course with COVID terminals will be deserted so no issue fighting way through lots of passengers or long security queues

Note today 5/16 the flight shows as 1305 so can only assume a schedule change is pending plus looks like the AC one is only flight currently LHR to Toronto, BA have no scheduled flights currently to Toronto other than the odd repat flight possibly at least until July.

The real issue is having 2 separate tickets both from a luggage and transit view point given at least with a single ticket the airline has responsibility to final destination. Air Indias responsibility will end at LHR whether you make the connection or not if anyone has separate tickets.

As said check with the airline maybe they have special processes given travel restrictions.

Note Uk is threatening 14 day mandatory isolation for all arriving passengers maybe from begin June which may even apply to anyone who leaves airside as opposed to transiting airside so people should watch for further details on that.

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Yes I also had all these things in mind and I agree to all the points being said. So the people who have traveled, I have their contact as well. So it goes like this: one can purchase 2 tickets separately, on reaching the airport you tell the Air India staff that you have an onward journey as well and they will give you boarding passes for both the tickets as its Air India and Air Canada, they have a tie up under Star Alliance, so UK transit visa isn't a problem, if you have less than 24hrs of layover. And they will tag your luggage directly to YYZ, the person who went he also shared the picture of the tag dated 11th May. On a normal day even I won't take the risk, but if I had like 1 week or so left before COPR expiry, I would talk to the person who travelled and talk to the airlines ofcourse, maybe go to the airport and talk to them directly, and get the ticket from there. And obviously I wouldn't say take my word for it, but 1 should try to get the answers from the right people. I just messaged here so that if someone is stuck and really need to leave for some urgent reason, they can take advantage of this information and can actually try to dig a bit more and then take a decision for themselves.

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Just for your reference, this is the experience shared by that person on our whatsapp group. Though this person had a 24hour layover which I feel is A LOTTTT:

"
Guys I have arrived at Toronto, Canada.Thank you so much for all the efforts put by all the people to help me to reach my destination finally.
I took BOM-LHR & LHR-YYZ.
FIRST BOM-LHR
1)I came from Gujarat so took online pass from Gujarat digital website of intrastate exemption curfew pass,if was issued in half n hour for me.
2)I took private car to reach airport, I just left at 11:30 from my house and reach the Mumbai Airport by 6:00 as there was no such traffic I encountered that day.
3)There were two other flights same Dah for KLM for their country's repatriation flights,so they started taking us around 12:30 p.m. inside,there was no such thing,only two forms were given with detail of our passport,current house address of India,and etc.and at gate they check temperature and wrote on our one of form(Health form)
4)Thereafter went inside ;they gave us bag which had PPE shield,mask etc.
5)After there we went for baggage and check in,there I encountered a problem that as I was transiting through UK more than 24 hours,as my flight was for next day which was half an hour more than 24 hour,they argued really that UK only allows 24 hours,so guys better not take any connection from UK to Toronto which is more than 24 hours,but as we were other three and really convinced them that plz allow us to go,one of the authority help us but it was really hard to convince.
6)Once they got ready I did my luggage check-in directly for Toronto,and they gave tags directly for Toronto,but as stay was more than 24 hours we couldn't get boarding pass for LHR-YYZ,which we collected from LHR onwards.
7)On the LHR it is very simple and nice,it is everything good just security is strict to better keep liquids in one bag and none of item more than 100ml.
8)While on boarding plane from Canada they just check your temperature and allow u to board thereafter they let us board.
9)On entering Canada they ask us to fill regular custom declaration form,and health card.and good to go to collect your baggage..and just they ask your quarantine at security border check."

Hope_92

Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

Hi, Air India Flight will reach london at 7 p.m(london time) as it starts at 2 p.m from India and it is 9 hour 30 mins flight hence you have to book flight for next day from london(12:05 pm) to toronto.