+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
I don’t know if anyone has realised and I surely wouldn’t want to induce any panic, but they removed previous instructions about extending IME’s i.e. identified applicants with an M1 or M3 decisions will be proactively reassessed for an additional 6 months.
Yeah,they did update it and looks like we will have to get medicals again if they are expired.
That doesn't make our situation any better.

Reactions: M160RA

ShagunW

May 15, 2020
I don’t know if anyone has realised and I surely wouldn’t want to induce any panic, but they removed previous instructions about extending IME’s i.e. identified applicants with an M1 or M3 decisions will be proactively reassessed for an additional 6 months.
Yes they have removed that section :(

Reactions: M160RA

Sukre

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, congratulations on landing. Could you tell me how did you travel from the airport to your apartment? Were you allowed to take uber/cab or you had to get a personal car? I am planning to land in Toronto next week and its going to be my first landing so just want to be prepared.

Thanks.
Uber is available

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
That's not a good idea.It will delay landing further.What are they upto!!
Just a clarification.. medicals are valid upto a year right ? So I have taken my medical in June 2019 and my COPR expires June 2020... so incase I don’t do a landing and COPR expires ... then should I do a medical test again ?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Just an update,
Landed yesterday from US (JFK to YYZ).

Boarding - it was smooth, airlines agent did not even checked my PRTD or COPR, just checked my ID page of paper and issues boarding passes.

@ Toronto - landing was smooth. I was the only one in immigration office. Immigration competed in 10 minutes. Customs took time (around 25 mins) to process goods to follow list due to some system issue.
Service Canada is closed, so no SIN at airport or outside.
Rented a car, went straight to hotel with a stop for online grocery pickup at Walmart.
Congrats on the landing... :) So do u have to apply for SIN through online ? Can u brief on the process pls like the docs needed to be submitted online and the address proof part of it ? And also is it necessary to take pics of jewels that we might have in goods accompanying and goods to follow list ? We have a handwritten list for now ... is jewel pics needed for wedding ring and stuff? Thanks for your reply and hope you have a safe stay :)

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Just a clarification.. medicals are valid upto a year right ? So I have taken my medical in June 2019 and my COPR expires June 2020... so incase I don’t do a landing and COPR expires ... then should I do a medical test again ?
That’s something we don’t know yet we have to wait for ircc

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Thank u for the reply
Np one person from Hong Kong ircc got 6 month extension for medical so he didn’t have to do it but most people say we might have to do so it depends my husbands copr got expired on May 12 :(

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Could you please tell the procedure to book special flights.
Thanks
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy.

Reactions: MiteshDodia

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I was also trying to book yesterday as my COPR is going to expire on 20th of May however the all tickets sold out quickly :(
Hey this is for you. You still have hope.
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy. Do let me know if you need any help or clarifications or I can try to introduce you to people who travelled this way.

Reactions: Neelp

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hey this is for you. You still have hope.
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy. Do let me know if you need any help or clarifications or I can try to introduce you to people who travelled this way.
Sir please help me connect to those people who have booked this connection. It’s urgent as I’m planning to book for tomorrow but I’m not certain if Air India allow us to board flight till London inspite of the fact that I have Tourist Visa of UK also. COPR expiring on 18th.