+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Nothing is clear in this regard as of now.They are changing their policies every now and then.
True I agree with you as they have clearly specified in their email "We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office". I think we shouldn't speculate things. They will surely try to reduce the efforts needed to extend the COPRs.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
True I agree with you as they have clearly specified in their email "We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office". I think we shouldn't speculate things. They will surely try to reduce the efforts needed to extend the COPRs.
The responsible office for India has instructed that they will email us once commercial flights resume. The email could request us to send Passport for re stamping or give us some instructions. It all depends upon officer for re IME. As per process current IME will be reassessed if possible. New CoPRs should have at least 6 months validity lets say from September. If something worst happen with virus like Wave 2 in Oct then we don't want to stuck in same condition of inability to travel with our newly extended CoPRs. It's good to prepare for worst and plan accordingly. We will travel to Canada for sure but the dates for that are not decided yet.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
O
The responsible office for India has instructed that they will email us once commercial flights resume. The email could request us to send Passport for re stamping or give us some instructions. It all depends upon officer for re IME. As per process current IME will be reassessed if possible. New CoPRs should have at least 6 months validity lets say from September. If something worst happen with virus like Wave 2 in Oct then we don't want to stuck in same condition of inability to travel with our newly extended CoPRs. It's good to prepare for worst and plan accordingly. We will travel to Canada for sure but the dates for that are not decided yet.
I agree we should not stress so much and speculate things lets be positive and motivate each other

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Sir please help me connect to those people who have booked this connection. It’s urgent as I’m planning to book for tomorrow but I’m not certain if Air India allow us to board flight till London inspite of the fact that I have Tourist Visa of UK also. COPR expiring on 18th.

Sir please help me connect to those people who have booked this connection. It’s urgent as I’m planning to book for tomorrow but I’m not certain if Air India allow us to board flight till London inspite of the fact that I have Tourist Visa of UK also. COPR expiring on 18th.
I have pinged you my number. Please check your inbox

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Till date I don't understand the concept if medical validity.My medical date was 25th March 2019.So did it expire on 25 march 2020??Validity is for one year right.So most of us whose medicals have expired that means their validity is over??Normally copr and medical expiry is same.So why is ircc telling that it should have 6 months validity I mean if someones medical is valid for 6 months that means copr is also active then why is the need of extension.Those who want extension are over 1 year from medical date.Like in Rajiv's case his medical was going to expire in may but still they gave him extension without remedical request.May be becoz there were still 2 months left for his medicals to expire.I don't think we will require remedical if we travel before sept.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Right now the only big question is when is Delhi high commission opening.Please anyone ,if any sources available try to find out.They might open the lockdown partially from 18th.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Till date I don't understand the concept if medical validity.My medical date was 25th March 2019.So did it expire on 25 march 2020??Validity is for one year right.So most of us whose medicals have expired that means their validity is over??Normally copr and medical expiry is same.So why is ircc telling that it should have 6 months validity I mean if someones medical is valid for 6 months that means copr is also active then why is the need of extension.Those who want extension are over 1 year from medical date.Like in Rajiv's case his medical was going to expire in may but still they gave him extension without remedical request.May be becoz there were still 2 months left for his medicals to expire.I don't think we will require remedical if we travel before sept.
Rajiv's application is reopened after a review by officer I guess. Our applications are not reopened yet but we all have received emails from IRCC. Assuming that you will get auto extension for your IME then if you add 6 months from your current CoPR expiry date then your new CoPR date would be 25th September. If you think you can travel prior to it then its all good. All I am saying we should be prepared for worst case scenarios. India has not seen the peak of this virus yet. Any new spike might delay the plans but surely things will improve gradually and its always a less risk in getting a new CoPR with one year validity that I believe will only happen with new IME.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Hey this is for you. You still have hope.
If you really wish to go, I have heard that you can book India to London on Air India website and London to Canada on Air Canada website separately. At the airport in India, just show them both the tickets they will tag your luggage till Canada. I have seen atleast 3-4 people doing that and Air India is allowing the boarding. Just make sure that you have a layover of less than 24hrs at the London Heathrow which is in accordance to UK's transit policy. Do let me know if you need any help or clarifications or I can try to introduce you to people who travelled this way.
Hi "D C Sharma", thanks for sharing the details, i wish to go with same route, if possible can you please share the contact details of those who went already same way. Thanks let me know if i should email or whatsapp you. Thanks

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Rajiv's application is reopened after a review by officer I guess. Our applications are not reopened yet but we all have received emails from IRCC. Assuming that you will get auto extension for your IME then if you add 6 months from your current CoPR expiry date then your new CoPR date would be 25th September. If you think you can travel prior to it then its all good. All I am saying we should be prepared for worst case scenarios. India has not seen the peak of this virus yet. Any new spike might delay the plans but surely things will improve gradually and its always a less risk in getting a new CoPR with one year validity that I believe will only happen with new IME.
You are right.But I would take the risk of travelling provided by 25th Sept I get my new copr and flights start operating obviously.I am praying day and night for that.I just hope that worse doesn't happen.If I do not land that would mean admitting my son in Indian engineering college and paying its one year fee.As I can not make him sit at home waiting for extension again.Plus I might have to give fee for univ of Canada where he has already got offer letter.lots of financial strain .

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yes might possible his file was reviewed After him I guess no Indian's file has been reopened till date . Actually after lock down .

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
You are right.But I would take the risk of travelling provided by 25th Sept I get my new copr and flights start operating obviously.I am praying day and night for that.I just hope that worse doesn't happen.If I do not land that would mean admitting my son in Indian engineering college and paying its one year fee.As I can not make him sit at home waiting for extension again.Plus I might have to give fee for univ of Canada where he has already got offer letter.lots of financial strain .
Could you check you PM box please. I wrote you.

Hope_92

Mar 17, 2020
Hi "D C Sharma", thanks for sharing the details, i wish to go with same route, if possible can you please share the contact details of those who went already same way. Thanks let me know if i should email or whatsapp you. Thanks
Hey i am also looking forward to book this flight..please guide me how will i quarantine myself for 14 days?..can we book airbnb?..please reply at the earliest.

Reactions: d.c.sharma

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Most universities are doing online classes even for new international students. Aren't they?