+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi,

Could you please give more details on this?
Will Air India let us board from India if we don’t have a visa for UK and the destination is booked for another country (Canada) and airline (Air Canada)?

Also, Air Canada has only one flight for London-Toronto which leaves Heathrow at 12:05 pm (London time). The Air India flights to London land at 11 am (London time). Wouldn’t that mean it’s impossible to board those flights?
No I checked, DEL-LHR lands at 7PM and yes LHR-YYZ leaves at 12.05PM which again is almost 16-17 hours of layover. But again if they would have allowed me to board and I am in a situation where I have left my job here , left my rented house etc, and my COPR would be expiring soon, I would take it without thinking. But only after talking to someone who travelled and the airlines.

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi "D C Sharma", thanks for sharing the details, i wish to go with same route, if possible can you please share the contact details of those who went already same way. Thanks let me know if i should email or whatsapp you. Thanks
Hey really sorry, I just read your message. I will ping you. Check your inbox

Raj R

May 16, 2020
Hello everyone.. i am following this thread from quite a long time. It is very informative. Actually i was supposed to travel in march but got cancelled and now my copr is going expire on 6th june. Already left the job here and Not knowing what to do except raising a webform.This position is so confusing and stressful. I am based in hyderabad. Is there any one in this group from hyderabad

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Congrats on the landing... :) So do u have to apply for SIN through online ? Can u brief on the process pls like the docs needed to be submitted online and the address proof part of it ? And also is it necessary to take pics of jewels that we might have in goods accompanying and goods to follow list ? We have a handwritten list for now ... is jewel pics needed for wedding ring and stuff? Thanks for your reply and hope you have a safe stay :)
Here you go::
SIN: I have not applied yet as I do not have an address proof. I will be taking bank's on-call appointment on Monday to see if I can get my account opened and get an address proof without visiting branch as I'm in self-isolation.
Pics of jewels: yes, they are needed. In my case they did not see it. They just kept both the copies with them for goods to carry. They returned me only a stamped copy of goods to follow. It is better to have pics of each Jewel item including the ones you are wearing.

All the best..!!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No I checked, DEL-LHR lands at 7PM and yes LHR-YYZ leaves at 12.05PM which again is almost 16-17 hours of layover. But again if they would have allowed me to board and I am in a situation where I have left my job here , left my rented house etc, and my COPR would be expiring soon, I would take it without thinking. But only after talking to someone who travelled and the airlines.
Just to repeat that anyone contemplating this routing given the layover needs to watch the press for the imminent UK announcement for a mandatory 14 day quarantine for all international arrivals. What conditions will be announced nobody knows but suspect anyone who exits from airside may be subject to the rule else doesn’t seem much point once somebody is out of the airport building.

It may be that an up to 24 hr transit direct to and from a hotel may be an exception but even that places a lot of trust on the traveller being responsible. No details
published yet not even rules or implementation date but possibly begin June.

As for separate tickets and through checked bags, star alliance helps but people should of course still check direct with airline, forums and whatsapp messages sometimes are unique to the poster .

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Here you go::
SIN: I have not applied yet as I do not have an address proof. I will be taking bank's on-call appointment on Monday to see if I can get my account opened and get an address proof without visiting branch as I'm in self-isolation.
Pics of jewels: yes, they are needed. In my case they did not see it. They just kept both the copies with them for goods to carry. They returned me only a stamped copy of goods to follow. It is better to have pics of each Jewel item including the ones you are wearing.

All the best..!!
Thank u so much for your reply.... so can I give my friends address for SIN ? I am giving their address for PR card.. and have u moved permanently to Canada ? If that’s not the case which address proof will u get from the bank ?

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Just to repeat that anyone contemplating this routing given the layover needs to watch the press for the imminent UK announcement for a mandatory 14 day quarantine for all international arrivals. What conditions will be announced nobody knows but suspect anyone who exits from airside may be subject to the rule else doesn’t seem much point once somebody is out of the airport building.

It may be that an up to 24 hr transit direct to and from a hotel may be an exception but even that places a lot of trust on the traveller being responsible. No details

As for separate tickets and through checked bags, star alliance helps but people should of course still check direct with airline, forums and whatsapp messages sometimes are unique to the poster .
You don't need transit visa. You will have to remain airside.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

So one can't transit through heathrow anymore?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
To all those of you considering transiting thru LHR, please keep in mind, that if your trip is booked on two separate tickets, Air India's liability ends at LHR. You would then have to collect your baggage and check in again at departures. This would require a UK visa. Unless, if Air India guarantees you that your baggage can be checked thru all the way till YYZ, then it is a risk worth taking.
With the current uncertainty, there is also a chance of mandatory 14 days quarantine being applicable at LHR for all international arriving passengers. Although logic dictates that this should not affect passengers in transit, but you never know.

Reactions: aurelero

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Thank u so much for your reply.... so can I give my friends address for SIN ? I am giving their address for PR card.. and have u moved permanently to Canada ? If that’s not the case which address proof will u get from the bank ?
I think for SIN, you will first need address proof, like a bank statement of you apply online. If you have any address proof, you can upload that, so friend's address should work.
I will be back to States after quarantine, but I have my brother living here, so used his address for PR card.