+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Yes, I was planning to open up a new bank account in my name using my brother's address. As d.c.sharma mentioned above, I will try using my brother's bank statement as address proof to try to get the SIN.
Thank you for the reply.. let’s know how SIN process turns out to be once u have applied.

danissimon

May 9, 2020
Hi Guys,

I getting a bit paranoid now. My COPR ends on 25th June. I just wanted to know how to know the validity of the medical exam? I stay in the UK and had done my medical in September 2018. Application was submitted in December 2018, and got my PR approved in October 2019. I really hadn't thought about this till now. But after seeing the different posts related to medicals. I just want to know if there's anything I have to do. Any pointers would help. TIA!

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

I getting a bit paranoid now. My COPR ends on 25th June. I just wanted to know how to know the validity of the medical exam? I stay in the UK and had done my medical in September 2018. Application was submitted in December 2018, and got my PR approved in October 2019. I really hadn't thought about this till now. But after seeing the different posts related to medicals. I just want to know if there's anything I have to do. Any pointers would help. TIA!
it is written in your copr, take a look.

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, I was planning to open up a new bank account in my name using my brother's address. As d.c.sharma mentioned above, I will try using my brother's bank statement as address proof to try to get the SIN.
Do you know if there is any deadline for applying for the SIN? My plan is to land and only apply for the PR card, and leave SIN and other application (health care for example) till next time, maybe next year. Is it going to be a problem in any way?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Do you know if there is any deadline for applying for the SIN? My plan is to land and only apply for the PR card, and leave SIN and other application (health care for example) till next time, maybe next year. Is it going to be a problem in any way?
No problem at all. You can apply for SIN, OHIP and bank account at later point of time.

Reactions: aurelero

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hey, you can apply SIN online, it's a fairly simple process, won't take you more than 15-20mins. So for PR also you must be giving an address, you can give the same for SIN. Just a suggestion.

shriram0205

May 16, 2019
Hi. Anyone here whose application status changed back to in progress after copr expiry. I haven’t landed yet due to COVID-19. Is this a sign that my application has been reopened for either re medicals or the officer is looking into it as I raised a webform due to my inability to travel? Any thoughts is highly appreciated. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. Anyone here whose application status changed back to in progress after copr expiry. I haven’t landed yet due to COVID-19. Is this a sign that my application has been reopened for either re medicals or the officer is looking into it as I raised a webform due to my inability to travel? Any thoughts is highly appreciated. Thank you
When did your COPR expire?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
I am in CANADA and still unable to validate my CoPR due to the current situation. But my wife and son is traveling into Canada on June 2, 2020. Our CoPR & Immigrant Visa expires on July 2, 2020. I hope and pray that, that wouldn't be an issue for the immigration to validate their CoPR prior to mine as their Principal sponsor. I would greatly appreciate if someone could convey to me any brighter idea if that step we're going to do acceptable.
We are in the same scenario. That was my dilema before so i did raise a webform, immig said principal applicant should be landed first before the depedents or the same time with the principal. Now our copr and visa has expired awaiting for extension. Call or raise a webform if they can validate yours thru phone interview, but recently some received an email stating that their copr has been validated

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
I received this response from the IRCC today. A bit different from the other ones I saw here.

Good day Jefferson,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have forwarded the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the extension request.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Manila, Philippines, you may also contact them too in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome of a request.
  • You will find the complete list of visa offices on ourwebsite.

Once you have selected the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different contact options.

Moreover, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To obtain the latest information on the situation, we invite you to consult the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services page.

We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Hi! My VAC is Manila too..pls let me know if you heard anything from them..thank you

Reactions: jefferson12

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hello,
The experience I’m sharing today may be helpful for someone and this happens because of Mr. D C Sharma an active member of this blog.

I booked Del London Air India 17th May (Right now I’m in the waiting area of Airport)
London Toronto Air Canada 18th May after layover of 17 hours
COPR valid till 18th May

Air India staff is very supportive and they have tagged my luggage till Toronto.
One just need to fill two forms at the airport. One is in duplicate and one is simple declaration. Just need to fill passenger and flight details.
Verbal information acquired about address in Canada for quarantine purpose.
Have downloaded ArriveCAN app for intimating my arrival in Canada.

Will intimate further....

Thanks

Aksbox

May 16, 2020
Hello,
The experience I’m sharing today may be helpful for someone and this happens because of Mr. D C Sharma an active member of this blog.

I booked Del London Air India 17th May (Right now I’m in the waiting area of Airport)
London Toronto Air Canada 18th May after layover of 17 hours
COPR valid till 18th May

Air India staff is very supportive and they have tagged my luggage till Toronto.
One just need to fill two forms at the airport. One is in duplicate and one is simple declaration. Just need to fill passenger and flight details.
Verbal information acquired about address in Canada for quarantine purpose.
Have downloaded ArriveCAN app for intimating my arrival in Canada.

Will intimate further....

Thanks
If the layover is 25 hours (if I take the Mumbai-London flight) will it be difficult to convince them? I read on this thread that other people have gone from Mumbai.

The connecting flight for London-Toronto has a single bag allowance. Did you get to check in 1 bag or 2 bags from Delhi?