+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hey,

My CoPR expires on 27th April 2020 and in a similar situation as your are in. I raised a couple of webforms but received generic response both the time. I wrote a mail to NDVO, the first time I got a response and stated specifically as below.
"If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted."

I wrote a second mail and got the below response.
"Good day,
Thank you for your e-mail. As already stated below, if your COPR counterfoil expires prior to being able to travel, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after commercial flights become available. Please do not send repeat requests as we are operating with limited staff.
For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you canno find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page."
Now this line is important that once commercial flights become available.So that means they will start contacting us when lock down in India is completely lifted and flights start operating.
Makes sense as if they start giving extensions from now and again there is inability to travel for long then these fresh copr wud again be useless.

SGU

Apr 5, 2020
I requested to extend my COPR but the request was declined today
Hi Bhavin how did you file an extension? Can you please share the process you followed online? We have submitted IRCC web forms on 18th March asking for an extension but no response yet.

SGU

Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for sharing.....second reply from New Delhi office is more comforting....I am in the same boat as you are
Hi could you please share the email ID you wrote to? Our COPR expires on 18th April 2020, we have submitted IRCC webforms but not got any response yet.

Reactions: Faizmirza15

SGU

Apr 5, 2020
Hey,

My CoPR expires on 27th April 2020 and in a similar situation as your are in. I raised a couple of webforms but received generic response both the time. I wrote a mail to NDVO, the first time I got a response and stated specifically as below.
"If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted."

I wrote a second mail and got the below response.
"Good day,
Thank you for your e-mail. As already stated below, if your COPR counterfoil expires prior to being able to travel, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after commercial flights become available. Please do not send repeat requests as we are operating with limited staff.
For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you canno find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page."
Hi could you please share the email IDs you wrote to? Our COPR expires on 18th April 2020, we have submitted web forms but not got any response.

SGU

Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am from India with no dependents for Express Entry and have my COPR expiring on 28th April 2020. I contacted IRCC last week for an extension as my country is in lock down and there are hardly any flights to Canada (only Air India is flying with very long layovers) but received a generic response that basically asked me to sit tight as the final decision regarding allowability of COPR holders to enter Canada was still not made. So, I wanted to have advice on the following:
1. Has anyone received the extension in COPR as it is virtually impossible to fly to Canada now? I already have two cancelled tickets and don't think its wise to book tickets now as we do not the future of lock down whether it will be extended.
2. Should I request for the extension again citing the lockdown and undue risk of infection in flying now as the reasons because as it is I will be under quarantine for 2 weeks so why not delay the arrival and go when situation improves?

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Hi could you share how you contacted IRCC - what are the online steps you followed or was it an email? We submitted IRCC web forms but did not receive any response yet, our COPR expires on 18th April 2020.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for explanation. We wish this review would not be as long as the original one when we had to wait for 7 to 8 months.As others say it would be max medical or pcc update.And it has happened in 2- 3 cases.
Hoping for the best:)
There is no further review. Only the final review, which is of the meds, which too in most cases will be extended, and getting new documents is all that it will take.

As regards PCC, they have to be valid on the date the application was filed.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no further review. Only the final review, which is of the meds, which too in most cases will be extended, and getting new documents is all that it will take.

So if processing takes longer than the validity of the PCC, they’ll not request for a new one?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So if processing takes longer than the validity of the PCC, they’ll not request for a new one?
The PCC has no expiry date. Also, the PCCs are used to determine criminal admissibility. There rules for the PCC are

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
First of there is no such thing as extension of COPR and PRV. If you cannot travel before the expiry date of COPR and PRV, your application will be re-oped and a review will take place and new documents will be issued.

The only thing that IRCC will check is that meds are current, extend them or ask for re-med as required.

If you have changed your country of residence or there has been a material change in your circumstances, you may be asked for additional docs.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
They will definitely ask for a new pcc. Think about it. What if someone commits a crime between now and when they start opening the borders? How will cic know about it without some kind of criminality or BG check.

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Hi could you share how you contacted IRCC - what are the online steps you followed or was it an email? We submitted IRCC web forms but did not receive any response yet, our COPR expires on 18th April 2020.
Hi,

I sent a mail to delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca. I believe only NDVO is currently operating, with limited capacity, in India.

I wrote the below in the mail.

Dear Immigration Officer,
Thank you for your email response.
I have looked into the IRCC Facebook page and portal, however, did not get a clear solution for my situation. My CoPR expires on April 27th 2020 and there are no clear indication of lifting international travel ban across countries. With increasing number of cases world-wide, we are scared to travel and get exposed to the risk of contracting COVID-19.
I am afraid that my husband and i will not be able to travel to Canada till global pandemic situation is stabilized - am unsure if things will fall in place before expiry of our CoPR on April 27th 2020.
We request you to kindly provide us with an extension of our CoPR.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi,

I sent a mail to delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca. I believe only NDVO is currently operating, with limited capacity, in India.

I have looked into the IRCC Facebook page and portal, however, did not get a clear solution for my situation. My CoPR expires on April 27th 2020 and there are no clear indication of lifting international travel ban across countries. With increasing number of cases world-wide, we are scared to travel and get exposed to the risk of contracting COVID-19.
I am afraid that my husband and i will not be able to travel to Canada till global pandemic situation is stabilized - am unsure if things will fall in place before expiry of our CoPR on April 27th 2020.
Have you gotten a reply yet? When did you send this? How long ago?

Also, any reason why you directly emailed the visa office instead of using the webform?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

Great and Don't worry.
Do inform here in this thread if they have re opened your application as it will be helpful for others to know. Re opening meaning they have put your application in review for extension. Once you are clear that it's safe to travel then again raise a webform to indicate IRCC that you are able to travel. After this they will start the processing of your extension.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi! How do u plan to travel!!There are no direct flights to Toronto after 14.one polish air is showing.. that's it..and 2 flights of 45 hours beach
Where you want to take your flight from?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Thanks a lot.Its a big relief to know.

Last edited: