+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

iron9er

Jan 5, 2019
Hey there, quick question. I just got the so called 'golden email' on April 2. So, I have to send in copies of passports, and photographs dated within 6 months to IRCC. The issue is with photographs - we are currently locked down with no businesses (photography studios) open. So I emailed to ask for an extension to the 30 day time limit they gave me. Anything else I can do? Suggestions? Thank you!

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
Hi! How do u plan to travel!!There are no direct flights to Toronto after 14.one polish air is showing.. that's it..and 2 flights of 45 hours beach
Book the flight, in case, ban extends or something, atleast you have a proof that you tried your best to reach there.

Reactions: whyCorona

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey there, quick question. I just got the so called 'golden email' on April 2. So, I have to send in copies of passports, and photographs dated within 6 months to IRCC. The issue is with photographs - we are currently locked down with no businesses (photography studios) open. So I emailed to ask for an extension to the 30 day time limit they gave me. Anything else I can do? Suggestions? Thank you!
hahahahhaha. We are having other bigger issues here.

You got 6 months to submit your passport and photographs rather than usual 30 days. Why you asked for 30 days extension or did i miss something in your comment? Hmmm:oops:

Reactions: Dia89

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am from India with no dependents for Express Entry and have my COPR expiring on 28th April 2020. I contacted IRCC last week for an extension as my country is in lock down and there are hardly any flights to Canada (only Air India is flying with very long layovers) but received a generic response that basically asked me to sit tight as the final decision regarding allowability of COPR holders to enter Canada was still not made. So, I wanted to have advice on the following:
1. Has anyone received the extension in COPR as it is virtually impossible to fly to Canada now? I already have two cancelled tickets and don't think its wise to book tickets now as we do not the future of lock down whether it will be extended.
2. Should I request for the extension again citing the lockdown and undue risk of infection in flying now as the reasons because as it is I will be under quarantine for 2 weeks so why not delay the arrival and go when situation improves?

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Hey,

My CoPR expires on 27th April 2020 and in a similar situation as your are in. I raised a couple of webforms but received generic response both the time. I wrote a mail to NDVO, the first time I got a response and stated specifically as below.
"If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted."

I wrote a second mail and got the below response.
"Good day,
Thank you for your e-mail. As already stated below, if your COPR counterfoil expires prior to being able to travel, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after commercial flights become available. Please do not send repeat requests as we are operating with limited staff.
For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you canno find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page."

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Sharing my experience here just in case it helps someone.
I managed to complete my landing at Toronto today. Although CoPRs are exempt from travel restrictions, while checking in at the counter, the agent had to call the ETA Helpdesk to check if I could board the plane! They’re checking all visas on case by case basis and after they arrive at the conclusion that it’s essential only then will they issue your boarding pass. 2 people had to return since they’re travel was deemed as non essential by the ETA agent (not sure about the exact details of these passengers though).
There were hardly 10 to 12 people on board and hence could maintain the distance between passengers. Finished my immigration and customs in less than 10 minutes. The officer did ask me how was I going to quarantine myself and if I understand that I cannot step out for any reason and as to how was I going to manage with the essentials. The 14 day isolation is mandatory! No soft landing allowed.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi @MelCan2020, congratulations on your landing. Be careful and stay safe out there. I have few questions and was hoping you might have answers.
1. How's your living situation? I guess you opted for Airbnb. Did you find the listings are scarce these days or enough options are available allowing self isolation?
2. Was there additional medical check up at the airport? Any kind of scrutiny?
3. How's the transport situation from airport to the living arrangements?

iron9er

Jan 5, 2019
hahahahhaha. We are having other bigger issues here.

You got 6 months to submit your passport and photographs rather than usual 30 days. Why you asked for 30 days extension or did i miss something in your comment? Hmmm:oops:
Thanks! No, 30 days is when their letter says they want your info by or you should raise a webform, which I did. I didn't realize this was extended to 6 months, couldn't find that info anywhere.

I understand there are bigger issues for those of you currently traveling. Good luck to everyone and safe travels. Hopefully, this all gets sorted quickly.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks! No, 30 days is when their letter says they want your info by or you should raise a webform, which I did. I didn't realize this was extended to 6 months, couldn't find that info anywhere.

I understand there are bigger issues for those of you currently traveling. Good luck to everyone and safe travels. Hopefully, this all gets sorted quickly.
Photos should be dated within the past 6 months. There is no 6 month extension. You only have 30 days.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon! I read ur posts in May AOR grp.So what's your status now.Have you reached Canada?Could u explain this line
""and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV.""
I have filled 2 web forms before my visa expiry date.But got only generic response for the later one . Previous one I did not get any response only.So will they have put the note in our files that I am unable to travel before my visa expired?I mean its their job to put the note now ,right?I have done my part?What if they notice or check the webform after my visa has already expired? I hope they will check the date of submission of webform.
Thanks in anticipation.

This means that of your do not land until the date your COPR and PRV expires, on the date of expiry, your application will be brought forward, as in then the application will be re-opened and reviewed again.

If you have sent a webform, then wait. Currently IRCC offices are working with limited capabilities.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
This means that of your do not land until the date your COPR and PRV expires, on the date of expiry, your application will be brought forward, as in then the application will be re-opened and reviewed again.

If you have sent a webform, then wait. Currently IRCC offices are working with limited capabilities.
Thanks for explanation. We wish this review would not be as long as the original one when we had to wait for 7 to 8 months.As others say it would be max medical or pcc update.And it has happened in 2- 3 cases.
Hoping for the best:)

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
So the flights to Frankfurt are also cancelled
Did you check after 30th April? Are you booking for first time since you get your CoPR?
No no ofcourse not.i had tickets of air Canada 04 April which was cancelled due to lockdown. Further, air Canada has given voucher refund.plus civil aviation ministry is saying that flights will e allowed case to case basis

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Photos should be dated within the past 6 months. There is no 6 month extension. You only have 30 days.
On what basis you are saying 30 days?

Below is the content from Canadian High Commission in India fb post: @iron9er

Applications for temporary or permanent residence in process
As announced, there are travel restrictions in place. However, no application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam, when travel reopens.
Examples of the next steps include
· submitting a passport after receiving a passport request letter
· submitting supporting documents, such as a police certificate
· completing an immigration medical examination
· completing biometrics enrollment at the Visa Application Centre
IMPORTANT: If you have received a letter from our office requesting additional documents, please note that we are currently not accepting these documents due to VAC closures.
Biometric instruction letters (BIL) issued anytime on or after March 17th 2020 will still stipulate a 30-day period to comply; however, applicants will have 90 days to provide biometrics. You will not need a new BIL.
As this extension will be granted automatically, please do not contact the visa office to request an extension. Due to the large volume of inquiries, we are replying to urgent cases only. We will not send you an updated request letter.

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Hey,

My CoPR expires on 27th April 2020 and in a similar situation as your are in. I raised a couple of webforms but received generic response both the time. I wrote a mail to NDVO, the first time I got a response and stated specifically as below.
"If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted."

I wrote a second mail and got the below response.
"Good day,
Thank you for your e-mail. As already stated below, if your COPR counterfoil expires prior to being able to travel, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after commercial flights become available. Please do not send repeat requests as we are operating with limited staff.
For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you canno find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page."
Thanks for sharing.....second reply from New Delhi office is more comforting....I am in the same boat as you are

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz