+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Why? Nothing has changed: if you can't travel - inform them and your COPR will be reissued later; if you can - just travel. And I am sure that nothing will change in the nearest future, becuase even if Canada lifts its travel ban for COPR holder, that doesn't mean that COPR holders can travel since they can have other travel restrictions.
To some extent you are right. But the issue right now is Canadian Govt. itself is not allowing COPR holders to travel which is an entirely different scenario.

COPR holders who wanted to travel within the expiration date now cannot travel because of this decision.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
To some extent you are right. But the issue right now is Canadian Govt. itself is not allowing COPR holders to travel which is an entirely different scenario.

COPR holders who wanted to travel within the expiration date now cannot travel because of this decision.
Actually, that rule (with COPR extensions) had been implented several days before Canada closed its borders. Back then some people already had travel restrictions in their home countries. When Canada finally open borders for COPR holders, these restrictions will still be taken into account. Therefore, the rule with COPR extensions will apparently remain in force as it was before and as it is now.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I called Canadian border to ask about entering Canada from US with COPR. Agent said that it is possible but person must have some kind of proof that he is coming to get settled in Canada, e.g. luggage.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
We tried to fly. Haven't succeed. They stoped us. Nobody allowed till they have embassy permission. Our air company representatives contacted other agency than IRCC and said that ircc have no jurisdiction to cover such things. It's under government control now.So guys good luck to everyone. The world is closed till May. We'll try next time. Everything will be fine

Reactions: Adam261

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
We tried to fly. Haven't succeed. They stoped us. Nobody allowed till they have embassy permission. Our air company representatives contacted other agency than IRCC and said that ircc have no jurisdiction to cover such things. It's under government control now.So guys good luck to everyone. The world is closed till May. We'll try next time. Everything will be fine
Can you please let us know from where did you try to travel to Canada?

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
I called Canadian border to ask about entering Canada from US with COPR. Agent said that it is possible but person must have some kind of proof that he is coming to get settled in Canada, e.g. luggage.
So, I guess essential travel currently only applies to land crossing and not air travel from the US?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Let the government do their thing. When they said don't rush to airport then it means DON'T RUSH. I know we all have something at stake but be smart it is all happening for better things. Finding a loophole at this moment will be a lot bigger risk that someone might pay by loosing their CoPR. All efforts for nothing.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
How someone can settle in Canada with a luggage?? I think you need to rent a truck and put your bedding, sofas, TV, bicycle, treadmill and all household stuff so that you can convince them that you are settling in Canada. lol

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Thé issue is the airline. For instance Icelandair won't let me board with my copr. They are stuck on the previous update for the time being.

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
probably it is ok to travel with COPR from US, but it is not completely clear.
This page opens all the news upto date but i cant find an update for copr on this. Would u try sharing the link again pls n Thankyou