+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
They will delay the exemption date. It might be 15th April so somewhere close to that. This news does not say anything about international travel. They might impose some strict restrictions inside Canada. Let's wait and watch.
You are so sure about it being 15th April :D.... You have been consistent with your prediction since the start.
I hope the exemptions are in place sooner rather than later. But hoping for the best.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
My initial plan before Corona madness was to travel on 21st March to Calgary on a one-way ticket and start my life there. All bridges burned.
But with the way situation has unfolded, a soft landing is very much a possibility for me now. Just to validate my CoPR and return and wait for situation to get better.
On top of the health risks, moving right now would mean, immediate start of expenses but without the chances of getting a new job anytime soon. Not to mention the difficulty of going about doing normal things like opening a bank account, getting a sim card etc.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You are so sure about it being 15th April :D.... You have been consistent with your prediction since the start.
I hope the exemptions are in place sooner rather than later. But hoping for the best.
Wonder where the April 15th date came from maybe from that idiot president south of the border who keeps telling everyone mid April will all be over even though the experts say no Mr President it will not be at all.

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
One of my friends submitted web-form and also sent an e-mail to the immigration team of the Visa office (London in his case). He received a reply today and following is the extract from the email.

'Please be advised that you will not be penalized if you are unable to travel within the validity of your documents. Your application has been updated with notification of your current inability to travel.'
Please what's the email address for the London office?

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
When did u go.we have been calling but no response
I went on 18th.Actually I couldn't meet the main authorities.But the person at front office helped me out by providing this info.That time their phone was not working.On 20th I tried to call.An operator told me that for now I just need to mail or raise webform and wait as thousands of mails are coming and very less staff.Today I called but Office closed.I think it will open after 21 days .

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I got a call from Canadian High Commission today. They said that they don't know the exact course of action. But taking Canadian and Indian travel restrictions in account we should not worry too much and wait...they will get back as and when things get clearer

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I got a call from Canadian High Commission today. They said that they don't know the exact course of action. But taking Canadian and Indian travel restrictions in account we should not worry too much and wait...they will get back as and when things get clearer
That is India right ?

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
What number call came from? I missed 2 calls today. Maybe that called me too.