+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Your employer would have to give you a letter if he or she is letting you go. That's the legal thing to do-thats what you would take if that happens. It wouldn't be your fault and these are extenuating circumstances

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Maybe reply is just around the corner. You can always mention date of your previous webform while raising a new one. But it is always good to raise only one and wait for its response. They might be running with half of their staff and IRCC call centre is closed till 2nd April when i checked last time.

Sometimes they don't reply but they are aware of it. I have an experience when they asked me to submit a document in 7 days but I needed an extension of 30 days for it. I provided a valid reason and they listened but they did not respond that they listened. It's like they care about you but don't wanna show.
True.May be they don't want to be stuck in some complicated situation and they do not have authority to ans our questions.As all calls are recorded.For emails atleast we get automated response but for webform it only shows successfully submitted.
I think they will start working on these applications after 15th April.Yeah it is gud to raise one webform but that uncertainity kills whether it has reached them or not.Secondly as in my case situation changed twice So need to tell them updated reason for not being able to come Like Initially it was canada ban.Afterwords India ban.So its imp to tell them in written though whole world knows it.

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
I landed yesterday in Toronto. I didn't see anyone using Kiosk. There was literally no queue and enough CBSA staff so nobody had to wait more than 5 minutes. I completed all of my fist landing procedures (COPR) in 25 minutes including customs declaration.
That's great. Happy for you!
Was there any Covid-19 specific process? Did they ask you to furnish proof of your 14-day isolation?

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
what is ''some foreign nationals''?

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I landed yesterday in Toronto. I didn't see anyone using Kiosk. There was literally no queue and enough CBSA staff so nobody had to wait more than 5 minutes. I completed all of my fist landing procedures (COPR) in 25 minutes including customs declaration.
did you travel to Canada from US?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
By the way... Essential services will stay working and international flights (whatever is still operational) will still be flying out from 29th 30th march unless they extend the 22nd-28th march ban on international flights
Now flights not operational till 14th April.21 days complete lock down.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Come shake hands we think likewise. Oh wait! Social distancing. No hand shaky waky!
We should not rush....we need atleast 2 months to get rid of Covid .If again from april we start commuting all lock downs will go in vain .Wuhan took 3 months to eradicate it completely.Anyways if we are getting extension we should let things settle in Canada too.Conditions are really bad there.U are from which country?Is it not locked?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
They haven't started giving extensions yet because of 'you know what' situation. They have mentioned the process to initiate it but CoPR extension process is not started yet. They are currently waiting for 'you know what' situation to calm down and things go back to normal as they were before.
See I called high commision delhi.Infact zi personally visited there.I was told by both ppl that I need to wait for any result.It will take time.High commission officer told that staff is not coming.So it would take time.I think they will start working after 15th April.

Reactions: smithplato

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I trust you are now in 14 day self isolation, if not why not ?

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
See I called high commision delhi.Infact zi personally visited there.I was told by both ppl that I need to wait for any result.It will take time.High commission officer told that staff is not coming.So it would take time.I think they will start working after 15th April.
When did u go.we have been calling but no response

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
One of my friends submitted web-form and also sent an e-mail to the immigration team of the Visa office (London in his case). He received a reply today and following is the extract from the email.

'Please be advised that you will not be penalized if you are unable to travel within the validity of your documents. Your application has been updated with notification of your current inability to travel.'
Hello , sorry to send again

but if you could give me some more details about this case , are they are issuing extensions for most people , or you must have a very exceptional reason.

if possible

thank you