+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I got a call from Canadian High Commission today. They said that they don't know the exact course of action. But taking Canadian and Indian travel restrictions in account we should not worry too much and wait...they will get back as and when things get clearer
Do they really make a call themselves Wow.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I know we are facing great challenges right now. My husband and I quit our jobs, sold our stuff, rented an apartment in Kelowna (BC)...we were supposed to travel to Canada next Tuesday, March 31...however, even if the exemptions announced on March 20 take place before our visa expires - which will be on April 20 - I don't think it's the best time to move. I asked the Consulate if in this case, they will postpone the visa, but they have no answer...I am worried about how long it would take to them to give me the visa extension. For those who think that they would start again the process from the beginning, don't worry. I am copying here another reply of a webform that I sent on March 16, before the announcements of March 20:

"Unfortunately, you will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. The announcement of March 16, 2020 means only citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be able to enter Canada. As you have not yet landed and completed your PR process, you are not yet considered to be a permanent resident of Canada.

Given the extraordinary circumstances, we will be extending the validity of COPRs as needed, once the current situation has been resolved and we are back to standard operating procedures. Please be advised that you may need to re do your medical exams, but that this decision has not yet been made, and we will inform you of next steps once we are able to do so."
U sent webform to.which office?I think they have not been given clear instructions abt extension.No one is able to tell I think instead if replying individually to thousands they will announce some thing in common.

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Thanks for the wishes guys, appreciate it.

It's a nasal swab that goes deep into your nose. I was tested at home.
How are you now? Did your test results come in?

Last edited:

Nishant_1010

Mar 17, 2020
With the current lockdown in India. Has anyone received any response from IRCC with regards to extension of COPR? My COPR expires on 15th April and we are under complete lockdown till 15th. Which means i will surely not travel. Anyone else in the same bucket as me? Please let us know in case of updates