+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If they're saying implementation of the exemptions will take a few days, it means it will be active in a few days not in the middle of April.

Otherwise they would have just announced that it would be applicable in April originally as well.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Raise webform mentioning that you are not able to travel as planned due to restrictions. They need to know if they want to cancel the CoPR or extend it. Extension can only be done if you inform them. If you have not informed them do it now.
I had raised a web form on 17th.Though no reply, yet I raised another today.How to be sure they have got it?

Reactions: Adam261

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I had raised a web form on 17th.Though no reply, yet I raised another today.How to be sure they have got it?
Maybe reply is just around the corner. You can always mention date of your previous webform while raising a new one. But it is always good to raise only one and wait for its response. They might be running with half of their staff and IRCC call centre is closed till 2nd April when i checked last time.

Sometimes they don't reply but they are aware of it. I have an experience when they asked me to submit a document in 7 days but I needed an extension of 30 days for it. I provided a valid reason and they listened but they did not respond that they listened. It's like they care about you but don't wanna show.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
If they're saying implementation of the exemptions will take a few days, it means it will be active in a few days not in the middle of April.

Otherwise they would have just announced that it would be applicable in April originally as well.
Few days sounds better than few weeks. Few days is somewhere between 10th April to 15th April. Let's wait for announcement.

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I scanned through around 20 pages but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Did anyone get a response for their WebForms for COPr cases where the COPR is expiring and the people can't travel because of 'you know what'. Are they giving extensions?? Hope we don't have to start the process afresh, would be very very difficult.

If so, is there a possibility to pin that message to the first page of this thread? would help others (ADMINs can help here)

Reactions: Adam261

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I scanned through around 20 pages but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Did anyone get a response for their WebForms for COPr cases where the COPR is expiring and the people can't travel because of 'you know what'. Are they giving extensions?? Hope we don't have to start the process afresh, would be very very difficult.

If so, is there a possibility to pin that message to the first page of this thread? would help others (ADMINs can help here)
They haven't started giving extensions yet because of 'you know what' situation. They have mentioned the process to initiate it but CoPR extension process is not started yet. They are currently waiting for 'you know what' situation to calm down and things go back to normal as they were before.

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
They haven't started giving extensions yet because of 'you know what' situation. They have mentioned the process to initiate it but CoPR extension process is not started yet. They are currently waiting for 'you know what' situation to calm down and things go back to normal as they were before.
Thanks why'You know what'

CanImmigrant_sa

Sep 13, 2018
London, United Kingdom
One of my friends submitted web-form and also sent an e-mail to the immigration team of the Visa office (London in his case). He received a reply today and following is the extract from the email.

'Please be advised that you will not be penalized if you are unable to travel within the validity of your documents. Your application has been updated with notification of your current inability to travel.'

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
One of my friends submitted web-form and also sent an e-mail to the immigration team of the Visa office (London in his case). He received a reply today and following is the extract from the email.

'Please be advised that you will not be penalized if you are unable to travel within the validity of your documents. Your application has been updated with notification of your current inability to travel.'
Is he is residing in the UK as well ?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
for me I got a generic response for my webform with a link to the IRCC website.
I hope i could i receive a positive reply like that.
probably i should raise a new one.

My COPR expiry 1st April

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP

Hope NDVO replies like that too

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Hello ,
I’m inland PNP (closed work permit ) I received COPR last week but because border closed and all inland interview canceled my COPR not signed yet .
now I have question what will happen if my employer Temporary lay off me due to coronavirus? If I lay-off from my work which because of that I received COPR what will happen in interview if officer ask my current job and I lost my job ? Dose it gonna effect my PR ? thanks .