+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
I am totally stuck now. My CoPR expires on 31st March and Delhi Govt. just announced that all flights till 31st March are suspended. Even if IRCC implements travel exemptions before 31st March there is no way I can travel.

Only an extension to CoPR can save me now.
Also , Delhi government has not included travel to airport as an essential item in the order . The order bans incoming flights only. The flights can fly from Delhi to other locations.The order reads
«
All domestic/ international flights arriving to Delhi shall be suspended «

Reactions: ryeCatcher

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
The waiver applies to returning Canadians and not to new PR.https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2020/3/18/1_4858781.html

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Also , Delhi government has not included travel to airport as an essential item in the order . The order bans incoming flights only. The flights can fly from Delhi to other locations.The order reads
«
I read the that. Same flight comes back too. So if they can't come back they wont fly from here.
I had a BA flight on 24th which is cancelled due to Flight arrivals at Delhi Airport. Same will happen to flights till 31st.

Reactions: smithplato

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Canada received over 500,000 EI applications this week
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said half a million Canadians, or about 2.5 per cent of the labor force, have applied for jobless claims this week, smashing previous records and suggesting the nation is already in a deep recession.

Its already happening...

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Canada received over 500,000 EI applications this week
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said half a million Canadians, or about 2.5 per cent of the labor force, have applied for jobless claims this week, smashing previous records and suggesting the nation is already in a deep recession.

Its already happening...
Please keep this thread to CoPR and COVID19. There will be impact on world's economies it's not just Canada. It's called Collateral Damage.

Last edited:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
They answered me after 7 days. Did you raise the form by chosing your VO? I accidently raised a form without chosing VO, so I recieved an answer from Warsaw, whereas my VO is in Moscow, so I raised another form specifically for my VO in Moscow and got no response yet (28 days to wait).
I raised 2 webforms.First for inside canada on 14th.But in that I did not uploaded any tickets and just asked for extension due to threat of corona and possibility if flight cancellation.Then on 15th I booked direct flight to Toronto but on 16th travel ban was imposed.So I raised another web form on 17th for delhi office as my office is that only,stating that I had booked changed 3 flights to make sure that I reach on time but due to travel ban on copr I am not able to travel now.I uploaded my flight tickets too in that.
Now I got automated reply of 14th webform that my req have been forwarded to concerned office,but not for 17th web form.I am really worried.Shall I raise another web form.I am worried they shud not reject my request due to 14th one.
Someone Please guide
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I raised 2 webforms.First for inside canada on 14th.But in that I did not uploaded any tickets and just asked for extension due to threat of corona and possibility if flight cancellation.Then on 15th I booked direct flight to Toronto but on 16th travel ban was imposed.So I raised another web form on 17th for delhi office as my office is that only,stating that I had booked changed 3 flights to make sure that I reach on time but due to travel ban on copr I am not able to travel now.I uploaded my flight tickets too in that.
Now I got automated reply of 14th webform that my req have been forwarded to concerned office,but not for 17th web form.I am really worried.Shall I raise another web form.I am worried they shud not reject my request due to 14th one.
Someone Please guide
Thanks
No, don't send another one. IRCC states not to send Webforms for the same reason. They are receiving hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Webforms right now, so just have some patience.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes , please the IRCC are usually very specific - THEY DID NOT CONFIRM THAT COPR WILL BE EXTENDED, they stated that it will be brought to review.

that is extremely risky if you dont want to loose your hard earned COPR , there is a possibility that extension could be refused depending on your case.

I dont want to loose my COPR , in the same time I dont want to be stranded somewhere or move to Canada during a quarantine.
they gave a clear guidance to everything except the COPR , it very distressing and difficult for me.
worst situation of my life.

N.B. I did and got a generic reply
You're worrying for nothing, IRCC will not penalize you for an occurrence which is out of your control.

They have already specified the basis by which the review will be conducted: validity of security and criminality checks and your medical.

Worse case scenario, you may need to get another PCC and medical done, but after you'll get re-issued your COPR. They have not mentioned eligibility at all, because you have already passed that in order to obtain your COPR. They are not reassessing that.

Don't panic.

They will not penalize people who cannot travel due to a lockdown.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
If you read my comment carefully, that is exactly what I have said. When SWB was asking people to raise webforms and write to IRCC on twitter, I disagreed. We shouldn't be teaching them their job. They have the best advisors. We have been asking for exemption on travel restrictions since several days, now that we finally have a Ray of hope, several people are now asking for extensions instead.

End of the day, whatever works for you, do that. But don't ruin chances for others by collectively misrepresenting us on twitter and other social media channels.

Personally, the relaxation of travel restrictions for COPR is excellent news.
No one is misrepresenting "us" or anyone. They are voicing their "own" concerns. Don't understand the need to be passive aggressive about this? Those who want to travel can do so at their own risk. There may be others who, understandably, do not want to at this point in time. They have every right to inform IRCC about their decisions or concerns. The immigration authorities are not a bunch of fools to make decisions solely based on webforms and twitter responses. Your assumption of misrepresentation is baseless.

Reactions: DixvilleNotch

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I am totally stuck now. My CoPR expires on 31st March and Delhi Govt. just announced that all flights till 31st March are suspended. Even if IRCC implements travel exemptions before 31st March there is no way I can travel.

Only an extension to CoPR can save me now.
I am in the same boat.25th march copr expiry.India locked .Its something beyond our control.We have right to get extension.On what grounds will they reject.Its test of their humanitarian approach now .They cant play with so mang lives our bags were packed.This corona took away all happiness.

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
You're worrying for nothing, IRCC will not penalize you for an occurrence which is out of your control.

They have already specified the basis by which the review will be conducted: validity of security and criminality checks and your medical.

Worse case scenario, you may need to get another PCC and medical done, but after you'll get re-issued your COPR. They have not mentioned eligibility at all, because you have already passed that in order to obtain your COPR. They are not reassessing that.

Don't panic.

They will not penalize people who cannot travel due to a lockdown.
your point very valid. however , cannot travel is very subjective.

MOST COUNTRIES including India , have limitations only on receiving flights , not on boarding flights to outside the country.
some people landed in the lest few days using COPRs despite the ban.

straight technically speaking most of us can land !!!!.

but if you looked at it in terms of : housing , jobs , quarantine , shut down in Canada and the ability to return back home in the near future , it will be a very difficult situation to land at that time. the big question : this will be considered and extensions issued ???
or only people from countries that literally shut down the airport , like Kuwait ,Peru , etc ???

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
«
No.I called mumbai airport.All in bound and outbound flights are suspended.