+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Emails are sent using scheduled delivery or in batches for tech reasons so would not base the time with where the enployees is located. Assume the enployee is likely in Canads or at least not in India because very few staff are in India
Yes even I think they are sent by canada ircc

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hey Guys,

My wife just received this email from IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca for document request. She is in India right now. COPR before 18th March. And I have a few questions hoping someone could answer.
1-Has anyone else out there from India received this sort of email? Also is this email from New Delhi or Canada? I can't really tell.
2-For proof of plan in canada- I can provide my canadian address but I don't have a lease agreement, so Should I just give them my home address?
3-Proof of Funds- Does she need to provide this? as I am the sponsor and I will be taking care of everything once she gets here.

I really appreciate all the help, thank you!

Thank you for contacting IRCC regarding your expired/expiring Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and/or Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) and those of your accompanying dependent family members.

We are responding to your Webform request where you self-identified as being a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess and respond to your request, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.
Did you receive any reply after you submitted the required information and documents? My husband too received this email , Ndvo , and it’s been 2 weeks no response yet

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
Hi, Did you contact them via webform or they just sent you the email?

My VO is also Sydney, Australia. I contacted them late yesterday evening informing them that I wouldn't be able to travel before my COPR expired and they responded this morning.

Covid19 has ruined plans. I had one year COPR validity
I did raised couple of webforms and sent direct email to Sydney immigrations but I have only receive generic response to those email. This email came out of blue. I am not planning to go this year. May be by next year March. I am planning to respond them within 10 days informing about my inability. Just wondering what would happen after that? Will it be more difficult? I just don't want to loose the PR.

Let me know if you have any clarity about this? Thanks mate

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I did raised couple of webforms and sent direct email to Sydney immigrations but I have only receive generic response to those email. This email came out of blue. I am not planning to go this year. May be by next year March. I am planning to respond them within 10 days informing about my inability. Just wondering what would happen after that? Will it be more difficult? I just don't want to loose the PR.

Let me know if you have any clarity about this? Thanks mate
NZ borders are shut so there is no way you can leave the country. I know there is a plan for a trans-Tasman bubble between New Zealand and Australia but I believe it is only(I could be wrong) for New Zealand citizens. Even if it were open to all and you were to fly to Australia, you wouldn't be able to fly to Canada from Australia because the borders are closed.

I honestly don't think you'd lose your PR because there is no way for you to travel. Plus I believe IRCC are privy to countries with very restrictive border rules due to Covid-19.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountessO

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Di
Hey Guys,

My wife just received this email from IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca for document request. She is in India right now. COPR before 18th March. And I have a few questions hoping someone could answer.
1-Has anyone else out there from India received this sort of email? Also is this email from New Delhi or Canada? I can't really tell.
2-For proof of plan in canada- I can provide my canadian address but I don't have a lease agreement, so Should I just give them my home address?
3-Proof of Funds- Does she need to provide this? as I am the sponsor and I will be taking care of everything once she gets here.

I really appreciate all the help, thank you!

Thank you for contacting IRCC regarding your expired/expiring Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and/or Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) and those of your accompanying dependent family members.

We are responding to your Webform request where you self-identified as being a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess and respond to your request, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.
Did your wife raise the web form of ready to travel? If yes, after how many days did she received this mail?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Did you receive any reply after you submitted the required information and documents? My husband too received this email , Ndvo , and it’s been 2 weeks no response yet
You mean even 15 days after the reply of 4 pointer mail you ppl have not got any reply?Have you booked the tickets?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hey! Any movement on your recent webform? I have even received the generic reply that they usually send out
No even I have not got the generic response to web form.I called ircc yesterday and asked abt the address confusion This agent told that they know that canada address belongs to consultant...
They them selves are not in sync...
She told me to wait patiently...no action has been taken on my web form.

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
No even I have not got the generic response to web form.I called ircc yesterday and asked abt the address confusion This agent told that they know that canada address belongs to consultant...
They them selves are not in sync...
She told me to wait patiently...no action has been taken on my web form.
Alright good to know! Thanks yo

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, my Copr expired in July, now me and family got covid positive havent recovered completely
Now my question is how long I can wait for sending webform for extension. Also ircc sends 4 pointer email regarding if I am able to travel in 60 days. Now if I say no will my pr gets rejected?

Can plz reply

Madhan96291

Jan 19, 2018
Hi, my Copr expired in July, now me and family got covid positive havent recovered completely
Now my question is how long I can wait for sending webform for extension. Also ircc sends 4 pointer email regarding if I am able to travel in 60 days. Now if I say no will my pr gets rejected?

Can plz reply
It wont be rejected for sure. It would only be put on hold until you say ready to travel. They will assess the admissibility once again and request for PCC and Medicals again.