+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consolidated Questions POST ITA under FSW(Express Entry)

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
As there are too many strings and topics, I have tried to consolidate all Qs in one, where people and even I have confusion so that it can be answered and can be of great help for others too..This is for FSW only and for people who have got ITA through express entry.

Q-1 Do we need to scan all pages of passport for PA as well for spouse and kid?

Q-2 Do the POF should be in name of PA only or PA+Spouse(Joint)? Do POF in name of spouse only will work?

Q-3 What can be considered as POF out of the following?
PPF Statement
EPF Statement
Open Ended Mutual Fund Statements
6 mths Bank statement with FD`s and Balance confirmation
Shares, Bonds, Debentures Portfolio,
Property Papers

Q-4 What do we need to upload for education out of the three?
1)ECA
2)ECA and Degree
3)ECA, Degree and Marksheet(Transcripts –Copy of Marksheet are separately issued)

Q-5 A section in the ITA form asks you to fill all information about your family(PA as well as spouse and kid)..In which you have to mention family that are not part of the application? Does it mean we have to enter details of parents and siblings who have nothing to do with our application but are our family members? Is my interpretation right? This Qs is individually asked for PA, spouse and kid.

Q-6 A section in the ITA is also for all trips- all types? Does it include a 1 day trip also to a different country for a vacation as the passport will have stampings?

Q-7 The order of Education and Employment filled at the time of Express Entry changed automatically in the ITA form? Can the same be edited as it allows to do so that it can be put in the right order? The same Qs is because as it is a sensitive information pertaining to points?

Q-8Do all the scan copies of originals need to black/white or coloured and do they require attestation also?

Q-9 Can the POF entered at the time of Express Entry be lowered? What is limit as per the number of family member accompanying with PA? I have filled the highest amount of around 32000 CAD with PA+2..now I am thinking of reducing it to around 16000CAD as the minimum for 3 people is around 15000 CAD?

Q-10 What can be put in employment details for uploading if the all the jobs are of same NOC?
a) Reference letter with position, tenure, hrs and job role
b) Option a) + Appointment Letter+ Relieving Leter
c) Option b) + Salary Slips+ Promotion Letter

If there will be some more Qs I will try to consolidate and put it for every one benefit?
I would humbly request the champions to answer……….

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashuani said:
As there are too many strings and topics, I have tried to consolidate all Qs in one, where people and even I have confusion so that it can be answered and can be of great help for others too..This is for FSW only and for people who have got ITA through express entry.

Q-1 Do we need to scan all pages of passport for PA as well for spouse and kid?

Bio data pages for PA, spouse and accompanying dependent children.

Q-2 Do the POF should be in name of PA only or PA+Spouse(Joint)? Do POF in name of spouse only will work?

Only in the name of spouse won't work. Others will.

Q-3 What can be considered as POF out of the following?
PPF Statement
EPF Statement
Open Ended Mutual Fund Statements
6 mths Bank statement with FD`s and Balance confirmation
Shares, Bonds, Debentures Portfolio,
Property Papers

Q-4 What do we need to upload for education out of the three?
1)ECA
2)ECA and Degree
3)ECA, Degree and Marksheet(Transcripts –Copy of Marksheet are separately issued)

Q-5 A section in the ITA form asks you to fill all information about your family(PA as well as spouse and kid)..In which you have to mention family that are not part of the application? Does it mean we have to enter details of parents and siblings who have nothing to do with our application but are our family members? Is my interpretation right? This Qs is individually asked for PA, spouse and kid.

Yes. Applies to PA and spouse. In the case of kids, might apply if their natural parents aren't already part of this application.

Q-6 A section in the ITA is also for all trips- all types? Does it include a 1 day trip also to a different country for a vacation as the passport will have stampings?

Unlikely to require that level of detail. Include as much as possible though.

Q-7 The order of Education and Employment filled at the time of Express Entry changed automatically in the ITA form? Can the same be edited as it allows to do so that it can be put in the right order? The same Qs is because as it is a sensitive information pertaining to points?

Chronology isn't all important though it does look more aesthetic and helps identify gaps.

Q-8Do all the scan copies of originals need to black/white or coloured and do they require attestation also?

Scan should be legible - color/BW doesn't matter. No attestation required for routine documents, only attest those documents that you submit as supporting evidence which aren't directly asked for in the checklist.

Q-9 Can the POF entered at the time of Express Entry be lowered? What is limit as per the number of family member accompanying with PA? I have filled the highest amount of around 32000 CAD with PA+2..now I am thinking of reducing it to around 16000CAD as the minimum for 3 people is around 15000 CAD?

You can reduce it as long as it is above the minimum required.

Q-10 What can be put in employment details for uploading if the all the jobs are of same NOC?
a) Reference letter with position, tenure, hrs and job role
b) Option a) + Appointment Letter+ Relieving Leter
c) Option b) + Salary Slips+ Promotion Letter

Include salary details, date of the letter, supervisor's (or HR) name, title & contact details and their signature.

If there will be some more Qs I will try to consolidate and put it for every one benefit?
I would humbly request the champions to answer..........

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I worked with a company from july 2009 to july 2012 after which i went for MBA, now that company moved under a new brand name and old employees are gone.

However i have the ability to get the reference letter from one of my reporting manager on old letterhead. He can mention most of the things but the old website URL is gone and the contact details like landline and everything don't work anymore. I am claiming points for this though.

But the phone number of the old firm is non-existing now and my reporting manager can not give out his contact details as he is not authorized for some reason on this purpose.

I am however getting a detailed letter of experience as per needs with roles and everything, it will have my current reporting manager, name, contact, website URL, email and everything as needed.

Will these work ?

Just like i did in FWSP 2014, i sent a covering letter explaining why i am unable to get it and did a self attestation of this statement. Can i do the same ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:
Hi Asivad,

I worked with a company from july 2009 to july 2012 after which i went for MBA, now that company moved under a new brand name and old employees are gone.

However i have the ability to get the reference letter from one of my reporting manager on old letterhead. He can mention most of the things but the old website URL is gone and the contact details like landline and everything don't work anymore. I am claiming points for this though.

But the phone number of the old firm is non-existing now and my reporting manager can not give out his contact details as he is not authorized for some reason on this purpose.

I am however getting a detailed letter of experience as per needs with roles and everything, it will have my current reporting manager, name, contact, website URL, email and everything as needed.

Will these work ?

Just like i did in FWSP 2014, i sent a covering letter explaining why i am unable to get it and did a self attestation of this statement. Can i do the same ?
Should be fine. You have done the best you could under the circumstances. Make sure the LOE is nicely drafted and very polite in requesting the officer to consider your case favorably and on its merits.

All the best!

zarkol

Jul 19, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Apologies for reaching out directly, but I have a particular question:

I've been working in Canada for more than a year at a single company. However, after receiving my ITA (FSW) on June 12th, I have obtained a new job offer. My last day at the old company was Friday, July 17th, and I start with the new job on Monday, July 20th. My ITA is based on my (Canadian and foreign) work experience, age, IELTS results, and Canadian master’s degree. For the new job I have a job offer signed by the employer (without the full details on the position though - just the name, and the department).

Can I send my PR application with this clarification in the cover letter (along with the job offer), or do you think it would be rejected? My main idea is to show that I have continuously been able to support myself throughout my living in Canada.

Thank you very much.

smm123

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

I have a question about my point for work experience.

My English is CLC9+ for all skills but my foreign work experience is only 2 years and 10 months, not enough 3 years yet. Does any one have any idea why CIC gave me 50 points, which corresponds to 3-year experience? I had 25 points when I started my application in June and it just increased to 50 points recently. I got the ITA but not sure if I should decline the invitation?

Thanks

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Quick question. Where can I find the documents needed to send after getting ITA? Do I have to file the form first to see the checklist?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zarkol said:
Hi Asivad,

Apologies for reaching out directly, but I have a particular question:

I've been working in Canada for more than a year at a single company. However, after receiving my ITA (FSW) on June 12th, I have obtained a new job offer. My last day at the old company was Friday, July 17th, and I start with the new job on Monday, July 20th. My ITA is based on my (Canadian and foreign) work experience, age, IELTS results, and Canadian master's degree. For the new job I have a job offer signed by the employer (without the full details on the position though - just the name, and the department).

Can I send my PR application with this clarification in the cover letter (along with the job offer), or do you think it would be rejected? My main idea is to show that I have continuously been able to support myself throughout my living in Canada.

Thank you very much.
Your PR application has nothing to do with you present or future job plans. This job makes no difference to your application and it need not be disclosed to CIC at all. The only possible implication is a change in address if you move somewhere. Inform CIC about that, they don't care about the job change.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smm123 said:
Hi,

I have a question about my point for work experience.

My English is CLC9+ for all skills but my foreign work experience is only 2 years and 10 months, not enough 3 years yet. Does any one have any idea why CIC gave me 50 points, which corresponds to 3-year experience? I had 25 points when I started my application in June and it just increased to 50 points recently. I got the ITA but not sure if I should decline the invitation?

Thanks
The system gave you additional points because it counts month to month. You should decline this ITA and wait for an ITA after you finish 3 years of experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
Quick question. Where can I find the documents needed to send after getting ITA? Do I have to file the form first to see the checklist?
Yes. That is the next section.

smm123

Jul 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The system gave you additional points because it counts month to month. You should decline this ITA and wait for an ITA after you finish 3 years of experience.
Hi Asivad Anac,

I had 3 months internship working fulltime before I graduated from college. That is a paid job. Does it count as work experience?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smm123 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

I had 3 months internship working fulltime before I graduated from college. That is a paid job. Does it count as work experience?

Thanks
If it was in Canada, No. If it was outside Canada and this work experience was an integral part of your course curriculum, Not sure but probably Yes.

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thank you for all of your hard work! I have another quick question; when the form asks for all the trips that you did since the age of 18, do I include the trips to and from my country of residence and country that I have citizenship for? Or just anything outside those 2? I mean I have been to my home country multiple times from my country of residence so I am just trying to understand if I have to mention those as well. Thank you!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
Thank you for all of your hard work! I have another quick question; when the form asks for all the trips that you did since the age of 18, do I include the trips to and from my country of residence and country that I have citizenship for? Or just anything outside those 2? I mean I have been to my home country multiple times from my country of residence so I am just trying to understand if I have to mention those as well. Thank you!
I imagine those can be safely excluded or included for the sake of providing comprehensive information. Shouldn't be a deal breaker either way.

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
There are few Qs I which I having confusion and I need clarity and information

Q-1 If I fill the profile form(half already filled) post ITA, I presume I will get a personalized check list…Can I edit the profile after getting the personalized check list or will it get freezed?? If it allows to edit, will it give me another personalized checked list??

Q-2 I have a reference letter for 9 years from one company with same NOC but it does not specify any location..This 9 years stint is spilt in 2 cities(Lucknow(2) & Noida(7)). While entering the work history I have shown this in 1 line as complete 9 yr exp in that NOC in Noida. The confusion is coming while filling the addresses for the last 10 yrs in Personal History. Should I split the stint there in personal history and keep 1 line in work history, as putting 2 years in Lucknow and 7 years in Noida so as to make a correct declaration OR should I put only 1 as complete 9 yrs for Noida in both sections but this will be wrong. I am bothered as I do not want 2 reference letter to be asked separately which I will not be able to produce.. I have got my PCC done from Noida and as well as from passport office. My Noida PCC states that I am staying in Noida from last 7 yrs with month/year mentioned. Please advise..

Q-3 Though I do understand getting a 6mths statement with certificate from a bank is a best way to produce POF. But I also have lot of debt mutual funds with full liquidity from where I can get a similar account statement and certificate. Will those letter work as POF as those are investments done form my account only and I believe investments are acceptable? I can sell all MF and get the funds in my account but that will increase my current balance and will show all entries credited recently in my bank account. I do not wish to sell the investments. Should I show mutual funds certificates and statements along with bank certificates and statements?

Q-4 One more confusion, As the PA has to mandatorily show job reference letter, ECA,IELTS which gives them scores and spouses have to show IELTS and also ECA as they give scores in transferability skill…Do spouses also have to show reference letter as it is filled in the EE form about their employment for 10 yrs in one NOC…Do their employment contribute scores in any way and is it a mandate to provide job reference letter in one NOC as mentioned for atleast 6 yrs for them?

Q-5 can the spouse make the fees payment through CC?

I would really appreciate if a CHAMPION can answer and have his views on the same…