+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consolidated Questions POST ITA under FSW(Express Entry)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashuani said:
There are few Qs I which I having confusion and I need clarity and information

Q-1 If I fill the profile form(half already filled) post ITA, I presume I will get a personalized check list...Can I edit the profile after getting the personalized check list or will it get freezed?? If it allows to edit, will it give me another personalized checked list??

It can be changed until you transmit the documents after uploading them. Yes, the checklist is dynamic.

Q-2 I have a reference letter for 9 years from one company with same NOC but it does not specify any location..This 9 years stint is spilt in 2 cities(Lucknow(2) & Noida(7)). While entering the work history I have shown this in 1 line as complete 9 yr exp in that NOC in Noida. The confusion is coming while filling the addresses for the last 10 yrs in Personal History. Should I split the stint there in personal history and keep 1 line in work history, as putting 2 years in Lucknow and 7 years in Noida so as to make a correct declaration OR should I put only 1 as complete 9 yrs for Noida in both sections but this will be wrong. I am bothered as I do not want 2 reference letter to be asked separately which I will not be able to produce.. I have got my PCC done from Noida and as well as from passport office. My Noida PCC states that I am staying in Noida from last 7 yrs with month/year mentioned. Please advise..

Personal history can be restricted to the country level - CIC gains nothing from city/state/province level details because PCC(s) are issued for the country as a whole. Also, it is perfectly fine for work history to be a subset of personal history. In short, put in 1 line item which says Noida, India and that would be enough for all those 9 years unless you worked in or traveled to another country during those 9 years. That would have to be declared as well.

Q-3 Though I do understand getting a 6mths statement with certificate from a bank is a best way to produce POF. But I also have lot of debt mutual funds with full liquidity from where I can get a similar account statement and certificate. Will those letter work as POF as those are investments done form my account only and I believe investments are acceptable? I can sell all MF and get the funds in my account but that will increase my current balance and will show all entries credited recently in my bank account. I do not wish to sell the investments. Should I show mutual funds certificates and statements along with bank certificates and statements?

MFs can't be shown as POF. Anything remotely linked to the equity market is fundamentally volatile. In fact, even currency is volatile but it is less volatile and infinitely more liquid than other instruments. If you sell those and include the sale proceeds on POF, you can show evidence of the sale proceedings to validate that the funds are unencumbered.

Q-4 One more confusion, As the PA has to mandatorily show job reference letter, ECA,IELTS which gives them scores and spouses have to show IELTS and also ECA as they give scores in transferability skill...Do spouses also have to show reference letter as it is filled in the EE form about their employment for 10 yrs in one NOC...Do their employment contribute scores in any way and is it a mandate to provide job reference letter in one NOC as mentioned for atleast 6 yrs for them?

Spouse employment gets you CRS points or adaptability points only if such experience was acquired in Canada. If they don't have such experience, you can keep their work history out of your profile (it is irrelevant to your PR application) and you won't be asked to provide any documents in this case. Similarly, spouse IELTS, ECA and consequently their education history are needed ONLY if you claim points for that.

Q-5 can the spouse make the fees payment through CC?

Yes.

I would really appreciate if a CHAMPION can answer and have his views on the same...

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Thanks Asivad

I do appreciate your responses...I am actually in a dilemma. I am just briefing my case.

PA-- Filled in EE---- IElTS/ ECA/ Work History of 10 years in 1 job code all from India
Spouse---Filled in EE----IELTS/ECA/Work History of 10 years in 1 job code all from India

We got Skill Transferred Points of 100 as PA has CLB9 in all and has done Masters and 10 yrs work history

Total Point Scored: 455

Now as per your answer for Qs-5,I am in a confusion that should I remove Employment History completely for Spouse...There are 2 places where to fill--Work history and Personal Details for Spouse.. Will it not reduce any point if I completely remove employment of spouse from work history...but should remain there in personal details of spouse.??..What if the employment stays at both places..?? Do you think they will still ask for reference letters as its not giving any points..

smm123

Jul 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The system gave you additional points because it counts month to month. You should decline this ITA and wait for an ITA after you finish 3 years of experience.
Hi Asivad,

How do you know about this? Do you know someone got rejection because of this or you asked CIC before or you know that from a lawyer? I still do not get this because all I can do is filling the application with month and year and CIC came up with a score and they send the invitation. This is not my fault at all. This is a big decision for me because if I decline this ITA, I am not sure when I will get the invitation again.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smm123 said:
Hi Asivad,

How do you know about this? Do you know someone got rejection because of this or you asked CIC before or you know that from a lawyer? I still do not get this because all I can do is filling the application with month and year and CIC came up with a score and they send the invitation. This is not my fault at all. This is a big decision for me because if I decline this ITA, I am not sure when I will get the invitation again.

Thanks
I know this because I saw this on the site. I will get you a link soon as I locate it again. Watch this space.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashuani said:
Thanks Asivad

I do appreciate your responses...I am actually in a dilemma. I am just briefing my case.

PA-- Filled in EE---- IElTS/ ECA/ Work History of 10 years in 1 job code all from India
Spouse---Filled in EE----IELTS/ECA/Work History of 10 years in 1 job code all from India

We got Skill Transferred Points of 100 as PA has CLB9 in all and has done Masters and 10 yrs work history

Total Point Scored: 455

Now as per your answer for Qs-5,I am in a confusion that should I remove Employment History completely for Spouse...There are 2 places where to fill--Work history and Personal Details for Spouse.. Will it not reduce any point if I completely remove employment of spouse from work history...but should remain there in personal details of spouse.??..What if the employment stays at both places..?? Do you think they will still ask for reference letters as its not giving any points..
You would know from your ITA letter if they gave you any points for spouse IELTS, ECA, Work experience. Wherever you've claimed and got those points, you'll have to provide documentation to prove it. Wherever you haven't been given CRS points (or FSW eligibility points on Adaptability) you can safely remove that experience. If you have that experience, CIC will expect evidence for that whether it gives you points or not.

Personal history demands full disclosure. Work history doesn't.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
hi asivad,

finally i got the ITA under FSW(458)

so my question here is related to foreign work experience

i have worked for 2 companies in india
for the 1st one i got the offer letter, employment letter which has (job title and responsibilities, hrs/week, start and end date) no paystabs.
for the 2nd one i got offerletter, bank statment and absconding letter which states the last working day. HR does not want to give any reference letters as such(i have the email). letters from collegues who worked with me have provided the reference letter but not on the letter head.

what is the best way that i can showcase this please advise..

thanks a ton,
akhilesh.

what should i do with the secound one

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smm123 said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks
This is one place where CIC clearly warns the applicants that the onus is on them to prove what they have claimed in their application. In addition to this, CIC has explicitly exempted CRS reducing because of applicant birthdays falling between ITA and submissions. And they haven't done this for anything else. That is further support to the viewpoint that the applicant is ultimately responsible for accuracy of their profile irrespective of system design. I've seen more elsewhere and I'll keep looking for that and bring it here when I find it.

Foreign nationals wishing to express their interest in coming to Canada must complete an online profile in their MyCIC account. The profile is a dynamic form that asks the candidate about their age, work experience, education, language, adaptability, spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and family composition. This information is self-declared and not verified by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at this stage (i.e., no supporting documents are requested in support of an Express Entry profile).

Candidates are warned that if they eventually submit an application for permanent residence (APR) and cannot, at that time, substantiate the information in their Express Entry profile or their APR, their application will be refused. If they are found to have misrepresented information in their profile or APR, they may face a five-year ban from submitting any further immigration applications to Canada.

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Hi asivad or any other champion

I need to know the following

Q1 In my document checklist, they have asked for my legal document for name change..though I do have a marriage certificate which itself is a proof that my name before marriage was different. Will registered marriage certificate would do as in the description it says letter of explanation or legal document. I have all my documents in my post marriage name...please advise

Q 2 where can we upload the IELTS certificate?

Q 3 Me and my husband both are having 10 yrs of work experience in their respective NOC through out..but me being the PA, can I delele the entire work history of my husband as it is not in Canada from where we score points for spouse work exp?

Q 3 can I make a summary of the POF as there are so many documents and visa officer might get confused...Also should the same be uploaded in additional documents section?

Q 4 I am always stayed through out in India? I have got PCC done from my local police station which is dated 9 the June..the same is acceptable as per the rule book for my state... On safer side(becoz my PCC mentioned the tenure of 5 yrs only which I stayed at my current address), I also got PCC done from passport office which is dated 21 july which is not acceptable as per the rule book...in short I have 2 PCC{one from local police and other from passport) both are valid as done last month...Can I upload both the PCC...the latest one (passport type) is not acceptable from the rule book..please advise..I can also clarify the same in additional document

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashuani said:
Hi asivad or any other champion

I need to know the following

Q1 In my document checklist, they have asked for my legal document for name change..though I do have a marriage certificate which itself is a proof that my name before marriage was different. Will registered marriage certificate would do as in the description it says letter of explanation or legal document. I have all my documents in my post marriage name...please advise

Can help but it isn't conclusive proof. Upload a polite and nicely drafted LOE as well.

Q 2 where can we upload the IELTS certificate?

Not required. If you really want to, upload along with educational documents.

Q 3 Me and my husband both are having 10 yrs of work experience in their respective NOC through out..but me being the PA, can I delele the entire work history of my husband as it is not in Canada from where we score points for spouse work exp?

Yes. It doesn't add any value except for nuisance value.

Q 3 can I make a summary of the POF as there are so many documents and visa officer might get confused...Also should the same be uploaded in additional documents section?

Yes. POF has it's own placeholder. Don't upload anywhere else.

Q 4 I am always stayed through out in India? I have got PCC done from my local police station which is dated 9 the June..the same is acceptable as per the rule book for my state... On safer side(becoz my PCC mentioned the tenure of 5 yrs only which I stayed at my current address), I also got PCC done from passport office which is dated 21 july which is not acceptable as per the rule book...in short I have 2 PCC{one from local police and other from passport) both are valid as done last month...Can I upload both the PCC...the latest one (passport type) is not acceptable from the rule book..please advise..I can also clarify the same in additional document

Yes. Explain why you are uploading both using an LOE.

Mar 18, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a query regarding my Personal History of 10 years.

For the last 9 years i am at my current residence only. But for the 10th and 11th year i was out for a Residential MBA Program. So my address details for the last 10 years should be my Home Address right? I dont need to mention my Hostel Address for the 2 years i was there. Also, i was in a nearby city only for my MBA, within the same state.

Kindly guide.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamalforcanada said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a query regarding my Personal History of 10 years.

For the last 9 years i am at my current residence only. But for the 10th and 11th year i was out for a Residential MBA Program. So my address details for the last 10 years should be my Home Address right? I dont need to mention my Hostel Address for the 2 years i was there. Also, i was in a nearby city only for my MBA, within the same state.

Kindly guide.
It's fine to mention your residential address for all 10 years.

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Hi Asivad

Q-1 Me and my spouse both have done 10th,12th, bachelor(ECS Done), master(ECA done) and have filled this information in the education section and also in personal history. Now somebody told me that I should remove 10th and 12th information from my education section as we have no ECA for it and also the points are becoz of the masters for both of us. Would it be wise to remove it from education section for both of us though the same has been entered in personal history? I hope it will not affect our score if we remove it

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashuani said:
Hi Asivad

Q-1 Me and my spouse both have done 10th,12th, bachelor(ECS Done), master(ECA done) and have filled this information in the education section and also in personal history. Now somebody told me that I should remove 10th and 12th information from my education section as we have no ECA for it and also the points are becoz of the masters for both of us. Would it be wise to remove it from education section for both of us though the same has been entered in personal history? I hope it will not affect our score if we remove it
You can safely remove 10th and 12th and even your Bachelors degree if your Masters degree has been assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters because the system rewards you for the highest degree with an ECA.

Personal history shouldn't have any mention of 10th or 12th either because you enter information going back 10 years from now or the time you turned 18 whichever was later.

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Hi Asivad

I have a query pertaining to LOE..how to make that or can you provide the format in a polite manner so that as I have to cover many points like:-

PCC: I have 2 valid PCC for same country..Need to clarify why?

Legal Document for Name change: I have a registered marriage certificate and no other legal document though I got my PAN card (india ID proof) with name change..the earlier pan. And also the new one with name changed...I need to clarify that too

Proof of funds: I have some close to 30 docs to be uploaded...will upload in the POF section but I need to make a summary and also LOE to clarify that the funds are mine.

And what about the translations? Should it be part of the same section for which the translation is done or it should be kept in LOE section.?

And also what if the bunch of docs size exceed 4 MB?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashuani said:
Hi Asivad

I have a query pertaining to LOE..how to make that or can you provide the format in a polite manner so that as I have to cover many points like:-

PCC: I have 2 valid PCC for same country..Need to clarify why?

Legal Document for Name change: I have a registered marriage certificate and no other legal document though I got my PAN card (india ID proof) with name change..the earlier pan. And also the new one with name changed...I need to clarify that too

Proof of funds: I have some close to 30 docs to be uploaded...will upload in the POF section but I need to make a summary and also LOE to clarify that the funds are mine.

Section specific LOEs can also be included along with the documents themselves instead of uploading them in the LOE placeholder.

You shouldn't be needing 30 documents for POF. Most people upload 1 page letter from their bank and that works just fine. Are you trying to upload ban statements? Not required at all.

And what about the translations? Should it be part of the same section for which the translation is done or it should be kept in LOE section.?

Translations should be notarized and uploaded in the same section as the original documents.

And also what if the bunch of docs size exceed 4 MB?

That is the maximum permitted file size. Use Cutepdf to shrink files further, reduce resolution (but maintain readability). Upload only relevant documents.