+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFIRMATION PR PORTAL OUTSIDE CANADA

kaur4917

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon . I need suggestion. Please help. I got my first portal email but I already boarded the flight to india.
What to do in this case?
Should I reply to the email. How much time i have to reply them back ?
If I don’t reply and come back in 2 weeks , what are the repercussions?

Ixjnnicky

Nov 30, 2021
Not sure where you are reading such things which are false. No country in the world can force you to reenter a specific country before a date.

First of all, there nothing in law such a inland or outland. Based on your country of residence how the COPR will be issued is determined. For anyone in Canada, they do not need a visa since they are already here and are issued a COPR.

If you are not physically in Canada, a COPR cannot be issued to you. You will either have to enter Canada and inform IRCC or inform IRCC of your country of residence, and as and when the PPRs are being issued, one will be issued to you as well.
@legalfalcon
Hi legalfalcon

I have checked all the reply in this group, but still confused...

I am inland province nominee pr applicant base on paper application (Noc type C, restricted to certain employer) with one inland depend.
I am waiting for medical pass now and will leave canada before end of February, probably won't come back to canada for at least 2 years.

I am wondering if I can't get copr before I leave canada, what will happen to my pr application?

I saw your replied said "if we are outside of canada, we need to inform ircc and change our address to the country we reside."

Me and my depend are both holding the passport which doesn't need PPR(Visa free country).

I thought different streams have different rules which pnp inland type c worker need to keep working until they get pr....

So that mean if we leave before we get copr and we are not qualified pnp stream and our application will be refused after we leave?

I was thinking maybe ircc will still send me copr but I will need to landing within one year to become a PR. Is this correct?

Very frustrating about the whole process now.
And it would be very appreciate if you can give me some advice.

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon . I need suggestion. Please help. I got my first portal email but I already boarded the flight to india.
What to do in this case?
Should I reply to the email. How much time i have to reply them back ?
If I don’t reply and come back in 2 weeks , what are the repercussions?

IF you are no longer in Canada, you have to inform IRCC of the same. However, if you are only leaving for 1-2 weeks, you can return and respond.

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , I have sent the following message to IRCC through a Web-Form:

Dear Officer, My application has exceeded normal processing times; therefore, I request a response. On June 16th, 2021, I received the "PR Confirmation Portal" letter/e-mail but as stated in my application #E001913XXX, I applied from Brazil and therefore I am currently living in Brazil. For that reason, the landing process through the PR Portal does not work for me at the moment. I would like to complete the CoPR process from outside Canada, by getting the CoPR and the permanent residence visa directly from the Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil. In that case, I would complete the landing procedures manually by traveling to Canada via an airplane. If completing the CoPR process from outside Canada is not an option, I would like to know if there is a deadline for me to travel to Canada as a tourist in order to be able to complete the landing process through the PR Portal process from within Canada. Looking forward to hearing from you so I can plan accordingly.

This is what they replied:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we cannot process applications normally and we cannot provide accurate processing times for most applications.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, we recommend consulting the Check you application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

They have not answered if my application can be finalized from outside Canada and they have not answered if there is a deadline for me to travel to Canada as a tourist in order to be able to complete the landing process through the PR Portal. My medical exam will expire on March 18th, 2022.

I am just afraid that my application will get stuck as I imagine they could be waiting for my Portal information since they sent me the Portal e-mail but I will never answer that e-mail as my application was not made from Canada, therefore the Portal process does not apply to me.

Any thoughts on what might happen next or what should I do?

Regards,

Pedro

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
@legalfalcon I am an FSW O applicant (AOR June2020). Recently I got the request for Remedical and passed the same on 24th March. On 8th April got a request for Police certificate (since living in Canada on WP since last year). I have a non refundable ticket to home country on 19th May for 10 days. What are the chances of getting CoPR in between 8th May to 19th May if I submit my RCMP by 8th May - 30 days since requested?
Even if I receive portal email before 19th and choose to fill it on 30th will that be okay?? Can I fly even after I have received the portal email and fill out the details once back.
Pls Help!!!!

Dec 30, 2017
There is no expiry as such, but your should not delay it too much.
Dear @legalfalcon sir, will 8 week delay be okay to respond to portal email? I received portal email May 27th 2022 and I will return to Canada July 25th 2022 (My wife and son will return after 8-10 months)

If I inform IRCC that I am outside Canada, will they issue me PPR? and how long will it take? Also my medicals were done on 15th July 2021 so if I get PPR and return after 1 year of medical, will there be any problem?
I have WP valid till Nov 2023.

what is the best option for me in this situation?

@legalfalcon

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hi! So I did travel, and I am still currently out of the country. I got the 2nd e-mail with the credentials to sign up for the portal and I did; however, I did not confirm that I was in Canada because well, I'm not lol I did send an e-mail to them saying that and submitted a letter to the web form as well (they didn't reply). I did not receive a COPR because I did not confirm my presence. My work permit is still valid until now so yeah...
Hey, Could you please share the rest of your story and how you came back to Canada? I am in a similar situation, got first email, replied that I am in Canada, but that I am leaving for two weeks (June 27-July 6). I basically asked them to finalize the process once I am back. They did not reply and sent a second notice email today (same as first), and I replied in the same way. If they send my portal credentials now and I do not reply right away, can I then come back to Canada with my currently valid work permit (valid until 2024)? Or I simply say that I won't be in Canada. If I understand correctly, as long as I don't get copr, I can still use my work permit? Thanks for any thoughts!

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hey, Could you please share the rest of your story and how you came back to Canada? I am in a similar situation, got first email, replied that I am in Canada, but that I am leaving for two weeks (June 27-July 6). I basically asked them to finalize the process once I am back. They did not reply and sent a second notice email today (same as first), and I replied in the same way. If they send my portal credentials now and I do not reply right away, can I then come back to Canada with my currently valid work permit (valid until 2024)? Or I simply say that I won't be in Canada. If I understand correctly, as long as I don't get copr, I can still use my work permit? Thanks for any thoughts!
Hey. Same here. My spouse received the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) and we replied stating that she is in Canada. However, before she received the credentials for the portal, our consultant suggested that she sent a second email stating that we will be travelling overseas for about 2 weeks in July and asked to postpone the credentials to on or after we come back (she's still got a valid OWP until November and eTA).
When did you reply to IRCC? She replied last Sunday and then sent the second regarding our trip yesterday. No response from them so far.

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hey. Same here. My spouse received the Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) and we replied stating that she is in Canada. However, before she received the credentials for the portal, our consultant suggested that she sent a second email stating that we will be travelling overseas for about 2 weeks in July and asked to postpone the credentials to on or after we come back (she's still got a valid OWP until November and eTA).
When did you reply to IRCC? She replied last Sunday and then sent the second regarding our trip yesterday. No response from them so far.
Hi! Very similar situation indeed. I sent the first email on June 10, and received the second notice (I think they missed my first reply) today and replied right away (about 2h ago). Please keep me posted on how you go!

Reactions: sponsort

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hi! Very similar situation indeed. I sent the first email on June 10, and received the second notice (I think they missed my first reply) today and replied right away (about 2h ago). Please keep me posted on how you go!
Will do! I dont think there will be any problems for them to put our applications on hold, but there is always a risk it can take long to finalise them after we are back. But I guess we dont have a choice... Good luck and keep us updated too!

Reactions: Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Will do! I dont think there will be any problems for them to put our applications on hold, but there is always a risk it can take long to finalise them after we are back. But I guess we dont have a choice... Good luck and keep us updated too!
Yes, indeed. I spoke to a lawyer about this and that's what he told me as well. Luckily we still have a valid visa for now, so waiting in the short-term does not hurt too much. Hopefully it all goes well! Best of luck.

Reactions: sponsort

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
By the way, as long as your COPR is not issued, you are able to return using your WP as long as you got a valid visa or eTA.

Reactions: Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
By the way, as long as your COPR is not issued, you are able to return using your WP to come back as long as you got a valid visa or eTA.
Thanks a lot for sharing this, that's what I understood as well. So it really comes back to delaying the portal credential process so that no COPR can be issued while we are outside of Canada (which would then render the WP invalid).
So in case they don't put the process on hold and they send the credentials during our trip - if I respond only afterwards once we are back in Canada (we are only away for 10 days), I should be fine?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Thanks a lot for sharing this, that's what I understood as well. So it really comes back to delaying the portal credential process so that no COPR can be issued while we are outside of Canada (which would then render the WP invalid).
So in case they don't put the process on hold and they send the credentials during our trip - if I respond only afterwards once we are back in Canada (we are only away for 10 days), I should be fine?
In theory, once you receive the credentials, you have 7 days to confirm you're in Canada and upload your photo. However, assuming that you will not have a choice other than delaying to respond until you are back, you will have to take your chances and hope the portal is still open when you come back. If it's not, I guess, you will have to email IRCC and explain again your situation and ask to re create the access to the portal

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
In theory, once you receive the credentials, you have 7 days to confirm you're in Canada and upload your photo. However, assuming that you will not have a choice other than delaying to respond until you are back, you will have to take your chances and hope the portal is still open when you come back. If it's not, I guess, you will have to email IRCC and explain again your situation and ask to re create the access to the portal
Ok great, this is so helpful, I read about the time frame, but I wasn't sure about the 7 day window. This all clarifies things a lot - honestly, I appreciate this so much, thank you! I keep you posted on how things go and please do the same.