+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFIRMATION PR PORTAL OUTSIDE CANADA

lukuman

Oct 15, 2019
hello friends,
If principal applicant inside canada received PR confirmation but dependant outside canada asked to show in canada or show return ticket. What is the solution to this? note: Dependants have never enter canada before

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
Hi, Can someone please throw some light on if the PA is currently outside Canada (visiting Family) and the dependent is inside Canada, when PR Portal 1 is received. Can the dependent eCOPR be processed and get the PR card and the PA file be still put on hold until they return?

Achilles1960

Apr 5, 2023
I received email in Sep 22 that the PR for me and my family has been approved. My wife and kids are in Canada and they have already received their PR card while I reside outside Canada and have still not received my PPR or COPR. Please advise.

jaka

Star Member
Oct 12, 2021
@legalfalcon , I am in similar situation like the original post, I have my PR application in progress and expecting the portal email in a week but I am currently out of the country and planning to travel in couple of weeks. I also have a valid work permit, can I travel back to country using the valid visa and apply the portal 1 email?

MAK89

Aug 29, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have similar situation.

- I was under SOWP and applied CEC based for PR application as primary applicant along with 2 dependents.
- Since PR results got delayed and I got refusal on my SOWP extension post expiry, I had to travel to my home country(outside Canada due to faster timeline) for applying new permit.(already submitted)
- Meanwhile, I'm expecting my PR approval soon while being outside Canada and dependents(inside Canada). How do I proceed further requesting immigration to issue me a PRTD to enter Canada ASAP while continue processing CO PR for my dependents?

Appreciate your quick advise.

Much thanks

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
Hi @legalfalcon ! I really appreciate all the help you are providing here.

I applied directly from Brazil, so my application was outland since the beginning/submission. Strangely, I received the Portal e-mail (which is meant for inland only). I let them know that I was in Brazil and they answer "please inform immigration when you are back in Canada so your portals can be created". Based on @leonie024 comment above, they could have offered me another option but for some reason they did not.

My current situation is:
- My exams for PR will expire on March 18, 2022.
- I do not intend to permanently go back to Canada right now as I currently have a good job here in Brazil. I do plan to move back to Canada in 2-3 years.
- I have a WP valid until November 2022 but my wife is currently a tourist (since her WP expired in May 2021). As of now, I don't think she can enter Canada.

In a previous comment, you mentioned "Alternatively, if you do not intend to return, you can inform IRCC and when the travel restrictions are eased, you will be sent a PPR to submit your passport for COPR and visa.". Also, the IRCC website says that: "If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021.

You must also:

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days"
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Based on the information above, I could only enter Canada with a COPR and visa IF I am going back to Canada to settle permanently, which is not my intention right now.

I am confused about what I should do now. Since I am not desperate to go back to Canada, I am just using the time for my favor and waiting for the IRCC to contact me again with the options I have and the next steps for each option. But at the same time, I am afraid that they will not contact me as they have many applications to process and they "did their part" in my application by sending me the Portal e-mail and they are now waiting for me to go back to Canada so my portals can be created.

Should me and my wife just wait for tourist traveling restrictions to be eased so we can enter Canada as tourists and finish the process using the Portal?
OR
Should we wait for the "settle permanently" rule to disappear, then contact IRCC and ask for them to issue COPR and visa? In that case, will I be able to travel to Canada, get the PR, and come back to Brazil right after getting the PR Card?

Again, I really appreciate all the help you are providing here.
Hey, I was wondering how you handled your portal request from outside Canada. I'm in a similar situation

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
Hello all ,
Same situation - PR - cec applicant
Recieved pr portal email -14 sept,2021
But in india since nov,2020 and no visa to return to canada as i was on implied status when i left and trv expired on - 31may2020
. So i sent the reply to pr portal email that i am in india and wrote a brief explanation and requested to transfer my file to delhi visa office so i can get PPR request. Awaiting their reply.

can anybody share timeline here after this ..??
@legalfalcon hey buddy.. just in case if you are aware of the further procedure and timeline .. plz shed some light..
Thanks
Hey, Did you end up getting your file transferred to your local visa office?

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
Hello,

I am in a similar situation, applying from UK and PR confirmation portal have told me they cannot process my application unless I am in Canada.

They offered an alternative:

'Alternatively, if you are to remain overseas for many months, we can transfer your file to the local mission for finalization and COPR issuance. Please advise.'

Does anyone know how long this is likely to take?

I have a valid work permit which expires in December so I can travel to Canada but I cannot work there as the job my visa is tied to has closed :( I am working in the UK while I wait for my PR to be approved. I don't want to travel to Canada and then be unemployed waiting weeks/months to complete my PR but also don't want to wait months here for them to confirm.

Please can someone advise??
Hey, curious as to which option you chose. Did you transfer your file or
Hi @legalfalcon , All,
Any news about Canada resuming PR for people outside Canada?
Like many people here, I am also CEC selected, but outside Canada now, and with no further information on what happens next.
When i emailed IRCC for PPR (since I am outside Canada) they responded by saying IRCC doesnt provide this, contact local Visa Office. And local visa office just says we wont respond to individual status queries.
hey buddy,

Can you pls share how you were able to get ppr? did IRCC transferl your file to your local visa office? Cheers

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Hey, I was wondering how you handled your portal request from outside Canada. I'm in a similar situation
I sent millions of web forms and e-mails but got no answer. My exams got expired so I think they were "forced" to look at my application to request new exams. After getting the new exams done, they finally transferred my application to local processing and sent a letter requesting my passport. After that I finally received my passport with the immigration visa + the COPR letter to show at the airport once I returned to Canada.

Reactions: Chefskiss

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
I sent millions of web forms and e-mails but got no answer. My exams got expired so I think they were "forced" to look at my application to request new exams. After getting the new exams done, they finally transferred my application to local processing and sent a letter requesting my passport. After that I finally received my passport with the immigration visa + the COPR letter to show at the airport once I returned to Canada.
Thanks for getting back! Few questions:
- By exams you mean your medicals?
- Can you give a rough estimate of how long it took between receiving your portal > medical request> passport request > COPR letter
- Did you file under CEC?

Once again appreciate your answer and I'm just trying to figure out how long it might take for me

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Thanks for getting back! Few questions:
- Can you give a rough estimate of how long it took between receiving your portal > medical request> passport request > COPR letter

Once again appreciate your answer and I'm just trying to figure out how long it might take for me
Yes.

I can give you exact dates:
18/Mar/2021 - Upfront medicals done
16/Apr/2021 - AOR (out of Canada CEC application)
07/May/2021 - Medicals passed
16/Jun/2021 - Portal e-mail received
17/Jun/2021 to 15/Mar/2022 - Many e-mails and web forms reporting the issue (should have received a passport request instead of portal e-mail since my application was outland)
28/Mar/2022 - New medical request (original ones expired on 18/Mar/2022
31/Mar/2022 - Medicals done
13/Apr/2022 - Medicals Passed
21/Apr/2022 - Passport request
25/Apr/2022 - Passport mailed
09/May/2022 - Passport + COPR received

Yes

Reactions: Chefskiss

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
Yes.

I can give you exact dates:
18/Mar/2021 - Upfront medicals done
16/Apr/2021 - AOR (out of Canada CEC application)
07/May/2021 - Medicals passed
16/Jun/2021 - Portal e-mail received
17/Jun/2021 to 15/Mar/2022 - Many e-mails and web forms reporting the issue (should have received a passport request instead of portal e-mail since my application was outland)
28/Mar/2022 - New medical request (original ones expired on 18/Mar/2022
31/Mar/2022 - Medicals done
13/Apr/2022 - Medicals Passed
21/Apr/2022 - Passport request
25/Apr/2022 - Passport mailed
09/May/2022 - Passport + COPR received

Yes
This is super helpful! Thanks a million!